Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Charlie Frye 1,959 9 TD 12 INT's
    RGIII 2,193 12 TD 3 INT
    Cassell 2,200 10 TD 7 INT
    Leinart 2,171 10 TD 10 INT
    Grossman 2,214 18 TD 11 INT
    Leftwich 1,815 8 TD 12 INT
    Losman 1,838 10 TD 7 INT.

Again though, this really doesn't hinder the point I was making...It's too early to make judgments because he's a first year starter and is playing on par with the expectations of players in their first year (Both those that went on to play well, and those who did not)

People expect him to either be a world beater or start Lynch, but the same thing you can expect of TS, you can expect of Lynch (if not worse) It's very tough to be successful your first year as the starting QB. Right now I think TS is doing as good of a job as can be expected all things considered.
    I will say though. You compare this list to the list of those that were successful, outside of RGII and Grossman, there are some terrible TD to INT ratios where the successful group has a decent TD to INT.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Charlie Frye 1,959 9 TD 12 INT's
    RGIII 2,193 12 TD 3 INT
    Cassell 2,200 10 TD 7 INT
    Leinart 2,171 10 TD 10 INT
    Grossman 2,214 18 TD 11 INT
    Leftwich 1,815 8 TD 12 INT
    Losman 1,838 10 TD 7 INT.

Again though, this really doesn't hinder the point I was making...It's too early to make judgments because he's a first year starter and is playing on par with the expectations of players in their first year (Both those that went on to play well, and those who did not)

People expect him to either be a world beater or start Lynch, but the same thing you can expect of TS, you can expect of Lynch (if not worse) It's very tough to be successful your first year as the starting QB. Right now I think TS is doing as good of a job as can be expected all things considered.
    Let's look at a team that either won the previous SB or went to the AFCCG, was 7-4, made a qb switch for a highly touted QB, split the locker room, got the HC fired, and went on to not make the playoffs.ß

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    none of those are better than Trevor, is that right?
    No, outside of RGIII and Grossman all of the QB's listed had a higher INT count, but again...None of this really matters much. You cannot properly determine what a QB will become long term in his first year.

Trevor has IMO show flashes of the ability to be a good QB in this league, he's show some bad as well, but I think there is enough there that we have to stick with him the rest of the season and I would like to see him and Paxton both get an equal shot at winning the starting gig next year.

Everyone wants to jump right into the Paxton era, but it could be either of these guys that ends up being our future, nothing is set in stone and either QB could be "the guy"

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I've totally lost what point is being made.

All of this reinforces the idea that the jury is still out on Siemian. Therefore, the data is just noise at this point.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post

All of this reinforces the idea that the jury is still out on Siemian. Therefore, the data is just noise at this point.
    Yup...math, data, and facts are hard

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post

The point, which he lays out below (quoting his earlier post), is that what we are seeing from Trevor is pretty normal for first year starters, which is inconsistent play.

Last edited by Tned; 11-28-2016 at 09:36 AM.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Speaking of OL coaching, if Paradis isn't going to snap the ball when they jump offsides why are they going to a hard count? Happened at least twice again tonight.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    The point, which he lays or below (quoting his earlier post), is that what we are seeing from Trevor is pretty normal for first year starters, which is inconsistent play.
    Which also incidentally means that if/when Lynch takes over we can expect all the same. Including great games that bring his fans out to declare him the best QB since Sammy Baugh and awful ones that bring his critics out to declare him worse than most HS backups. Like all young QBs, their future depends on 4 things:

1) Talent,
    2) Work ethic,
    3) Coaching
    4) Blocking, both to protect them long enough they don't become scared fragile rabbits and provide run support to spend more time in 3rd and 3 than 3rd and 7.

Name three positions where you can reasonably expect late picks and bargain basement castoffs to be quality starters. If you said OT, G and C, you're probably John Elway, who really ought to know better considering the very different endings of his '80s seasons in his prime and '90s seasons as he faded.
    Last edited by Joel; 11-28-2016 at 03:27 AM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Yup...math, data, and facts are hard
    Not as hard as reading, apparently.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Which also incidentally means that if/when Lynch takes over we can expect all the same.
    True.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I did some research, 48 seconds between the failed 3rd down and when they snapped the ball on that FG they took off the board.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I did some research, 48 seconds between the failed 3rd down and when they snapped the ball on that FG they took off the board.
    That's insane....It shouldn't take that long for a penalty to come to light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They brought back the 45 second clock... and added 3 more. Also, I still think that last regulation "TD" was caught before he crossed the goal line, where he was clearly down (what kind of BS call is that anyway?) At the very least, I dispute that the replay showed conclusive evidence to the contrary.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

They brought back the 45 second clock... and added 3 more. Also, I still think that last regulation "TD" was caught before he crossed the goal line, where he was clearly down (what kind of BS call is that anyway?) At the very least, I dispute that the replay showed conclusive evidence to the contrary.
    Refs had to make up for the Saints game apparently...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Totally agree, never seen the refs stop play with one second to play and the play should stand as called. If anything it could've gone either way they chose to overrule the call. At least one of the PI's on that drive were weak as ****.

But these are judgement calls, which means they're just supposed to B.O.H.I.C.A
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information