Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos and Darian Stewart agree to four year extension

Default Broncos and Darian Stewart agree to four year extension

Details to come, but that is a great move:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 10m10 minutes ago

Broncos reached agreement with S Darian Stewart on a 4-year extension, per source.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 3m3 minutes ago

The new 4-year extension for #Broncos S Darian Stewart is worth up to $30M, source said. $28M base. $17.5M in guarantees.

2. The Following 10 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

oh hell yea!! JFE makin' moves to keep this bad ass defense together!

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like Stewart. This is awesome.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Great news—but kinda steep, no? This doesn't look like a placeholder until Simmons is ready (nor should it be; Stewart's better than that) so between him and Will Parks coming on strong this kind of makes me wonder if they're thinking of releasing Ward after the season. Then again, the glorified SSs we have next to Marshall evidently can't stuff the run NOR cover, so maybe they'll move Ward to ILB.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Great news—but kinda steep, no? This doesn't look like a placeholder until Simmons is ready (nor should it be; Stewart's better than that) so between him and Will Parks coming on strong this kind of makes me wonder if they're thinking of releasing Ward after the season. Then again, the glorified SSs we have next to Marshall evidently can't stuff the run NOR cover, so maybe they'll move Ward to ILB.
    Ward is signed through 2017 - no need to decide anything yet on him

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Nice!!!
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

11. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That is some sweet news

13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Also, Stewart was really our biggest pending FA. Now we can see how much money we have and hit the open market. Very different from the last few years where we lost a bunch of guys

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Also, Stewart was really our biggest pending FA. Now we can see how much money we have and hit the open market. Very different from the last few years where we lost a bunch of guys
    Do you know how many quality offensive linemen are free agents?

Between the offensive line and middle of the defense we have too many holes to fill through the draft.

Ward is signed through 2017 - no need to decide anything yet on him
    Yes, but releasing him would give us $4½ M more cap space to sign a lineman next year. I suspect you're right because of the timing on both him and Simmons. For that matter, is Simmons really a SS anyway? Seems like the distinction no longer exists, but Ward's definitely a traditional SS and Stewart's a fine centerfielder (which why I'm glad we're keeping him.) It just made me wonder, because being on the books for $7-8M for Stewart and $5.75M is a lot of cap.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Glad to see that. He's a sure thing, the youngsters are still prospects.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I presume YOU'RE presuming Ware retires then? If he's healthy, I'd really like Walker back, and if we don't re-sign Sly (which is how I took declining our club option for 2017) we'll need someone to replace him.

I'd also like to lock up Barrett and Fowler to more than a one-year ERFA minimum deal that'll leave us paying top dollar if they have a breakout 2017. When you see a late round guy was a true steal, LOCK HIM UP before he's got a half hour highlight reel his agent can use to leverage Von Miller money. Not an option with obvious talent like Clady, DT and Von (though if we COULD have extended them a year earlier it would've saved a lot of cap space, stress, strained relationships and franchise tags,) but UDFAs? Be preemptive when they show a whole season of solid play, because it's not going to break the bank even if they regress: That's the POINT.

This makes me happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos, Darian Stewart agree to terms on four-year deal

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- As John Elway often says, he wants to win from now on -- and a crucial step toward that goal is keep as much of the Broncos' top-flight defense together as possible.

That includes safety Darian Stewart. After flourishing since signing a two-year contract in March 2015, he agreed to terms with the Broncos on a four-year contract extension Saturday, keeping a key piece of the "No Fly Zone" with the Broncos for the near future.

John Elway

@johnelway

Darian Stewart's an integral part of our defense who brings physicality, leadership & toughness. Thrilled he'll be a Bronco for 4 more yrs!
    2:58 PM - 26 Nov 2016
    rest - much more - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...6-0fc8caa75535

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos agree to 4-year extension with safety Darian Stewart

The Broncos have agreed in principle to a four-year contract extension with safety Darian Stewart, the team announced Saturday afternoon.

Stewart confirmed that the deal is worth $28 million in base salary, with $17.5 million in guarantees. NFL Network first reported the contract details.

Stewart has been a key piece of the Broncos’ top-ranked defense since signing a two-year, $4.25 million contract in 2015. Since arriving in Colorado, Stewart has started 23 of 25 games and recorded 107 tackles, four interceptions, 13 pass-breakups, one fumble and three fumble recoveries.

“I’m just happy to be here and to continue to win. I’m happy, my family is happy and we love Denver,” Stewart told The Denver Post.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/11/26...act-extension/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

24. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information