Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapoport: Tony Romo "eyeing" Broncos next year

Default Rapoport: Tony Romo "eyeing" Broncos next year

» There will be a market for Romo this offseason, as the team will look to trade him. Though owner Jerry Jones said he's given no consideration to having Romo on another team, carrying him as the backup for another year doesn't seem realistic. Romo, I'm told, already has eyes on the Broncos as a possible destination if general manager John Elway decides Paxton Lynch needs another year and that Trevor Siemian isn't the guy. Other options, depending on a variety of factors, include the Bears, Jets, Cardinals, and Bills. When the Cowboys do trade him, they'll still have to deal with about a $20 million salary-cap hit. Romo will have significant say in the matter given that he will need to renegotiate his deal. He, essentially, could veto any move.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...gn=Twitter_atn

Now, I think it's too early to worry about all this at this point, but Romo's name has been coming up in relation to the Broncos recently. The real question for us will be whether they think Lynch is ready or needs another year. Elway isn't afraid to be aggressive, so it's not entirely unreasonable that this could happen, but a lot would have to take place first.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So we will be able to witness Romo actually dying on the field? No thanks. Frankly, i dont see this happening much like i didnt see the Kaepernick deal happening. But, i do see San Fran maybe trying to make a play for him.

4. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I don't think we can afford him unless he takes a ridiculous pay cut to come here.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

6. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    I don't think we can afford him unless he takes a ridiculous pay cut to come here.
    We about about forty mill to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Still have FA's to pay up for also.
    If we can afford it, I'd be OK with him here for a couple of years. Better than what we have RIGHT NOW anyway.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

9. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm intrigued.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Eating bench for most of the year as a first rounder is rare. Doing it for two seasons -presuming Romo is the starter- is flat out unheard of. I can't imagine TR comes here as a backup QB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

What would they pay for the 4-5 games that Romo would be healthy for?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He would have to take a paycut, no one is trading for that contract even if he didn't have age/health risks. They can't cut him because of dead money, so, if he wants out we're talking a straight up paycut. Then you have to wonder what Dallas can get in trade value and if that's even worth it.

I forget what his dead money number would be but Hyuge.

I've always liked Romo, his critics are ridiculous, I'd do it if not for Lynch but not for more than around $15 MM/per and a conditional pick.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Although, if he's taking that much of a paycut he could probably dictate where he goes, Dallas has zero leverage because there's a real possibility that they'd have to keep him at $25 MM. And THAT, Jer'uh stuck with a $25 MM backup, is what I'm hoping for.

My dream of Jones starting Romo over Prescott died on the vine but there's still a good chance that this turns out really bad for the Cowballs.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

18. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Yeah, so instead of spending that cash to shore up our awful line, let's spend it on a QB whose body's ALREADY shattered from a career behind a line like that.

Romo's out of his mind to even be considering this. And I doubt Elway considers it at all. I'd love to have him as vet insurance for Lynch, but not for what'd it cost.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Yeah, so instead of spending that cash to shore up our awful line, let's spend it on a QB whose body's ALREADY shattered from a career behind a line like that. Romo's out of his mind to even be considering this. And I doubt Elway considers it at all. I'd love to have him as vet insurance for Lynch, but not for what'd it cost.
    I can't actually listen to another one of your sermons about the offensive line

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

He cant stay healthy behind the best Oline in football, he would get killed here. No thanks.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    He cant stay healthy behind the best Oline in football, he would get killed here. No thanks.
    It would be straight up suicide on his part.

He can eye it all he wants...I hope to god Elway just laughs about it. In no way shape or form do I want that fragile ball of glass on this team.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information