Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kindle paperwhite protective covers

Default Kindle paperwhite protective covers

I have a new kindle and was wondering if anyone had a cover for theirs, and if so, what kind and how would you rate it.
    I'm thinking about buying one on amazon today is why I ask

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

No one gives a crap about your stupid kindle paperwhite.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Kindle Fire's where it's at!

I love my little $49 Firetab! It's Burnt Orange, can read books and then some. That said I wouldn't mind a paperwhite, but really my Fire tablet does everything a paperwhite does and then some, the big advantage the paperwhite probably has though is that the battery lasts longer since it's only running the ebook instead of multiple apps such as facebook draining the battery.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

I love my little $49 Firetab! It's Burnt Orange, can read books and then some. That said I wouldn't mind a paperwhite, but really my Fire tablet does everything a paperwhite does and then some, the big advantage the paperwhite probably has though is that the battery lasts longer since it's only running the ebook instead of multiple apps such as facebook draining the battery.
    I had a fire and it just kinda crapped out on me, after several years though. it didn't appear to be water damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post

I didn't know you could do apps and such on kindles

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    I didn't know you could do apps and such on kindles
    Kindle fire you can.
    https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Fire-7...ds=kindle+fire

I have that one in tangerine. It has the amazon app store,but you can side load the google play store (which is what I've done) and then install apps from the google play store. It's basically an android based tablet. You really can't beat $49 for a 7 inch tablet either. The newer versions have the ability to use SD cards to add to the storage capacity.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Eat a dik, you illiterit fok.

Nut, I just can't make the jump to this simulated paper. I tried once, really tried, but damn if I don't love good old fashioned grainy printy pulpy paper, unpixellated. But you are all in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

Nut, I just can't make the jump to this simulated paper. I tried once, really tried, but damn if I don't love good old fashioned grainy printy pulpy paper, unpixellated. But you are all in?
    youre not alone there good man (thanks for addressing Joe's rude post). I had no issue with it. maybe because of my passion for less paper, possibly that turning pages never turned me on that much. I don't miss dealing with the shitty bindings in the meater part of conventional books either. I believe you tried, nothing to be ashamed of at all. you're my new favorite poster btw

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

I read a crap ton of ebooks on my fire, plus the nice thing is most of the books you buy also have narration. What I do a lot is I will read when I'm at home or on breaks/lunches and then plug the kindle into my car and do narration so it's basically an audiobook. It's nice having the ability to jump back and forth between the two.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That narration part alone would sell me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

That narration part alone would sell me.
    It's awesome being able to switch back and forth and it keeps your place. So if you physically read to chapter 3 narration will start where you left off and the other way around.

The Paperwhite can be read in direct sunlight while the fire cannot.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

I think I have the Kindle HD 6. I love it. Especially now that you can get free books on amazon prime. I got the Cobalt Blue version with a similar color case. I used to watch amazon prime video and Hulu at work with it. My only complaint is that it's 8gb. I wish I could fit more music on it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    This would have been helpful earlier today. I think I'd like to try out a Paperwhite someday.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    I could see that being an advantage (though i've never had an issue in direct sunlight with my fire...Just have to turn the brightness up. The downside obviously is that's a battery drain)

I don't read much in direct sunlight anyway, but I could see how that would be a worthwhile advantage for some.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information