Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kindle paperwhite protective covers

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I think I have the Kindle HD 6. I love it. Especially now that you can get free books on amazon prime. I got the Cobalt Blue version with a similar color case. I used to watch amazon prime video and Hulu at work with it. My only complaint is that it's 8gb. I wish I could fit more music on it.
    The newer models have expandable storage. I have a 7' Fire tab that is the new model and it has a microSD slot. I had an older version of it previously before my son bathed it in milk and it did not have the added storage and was somewhat of a pain due to this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I've got a few different readers, but still prefer a book in my hands.

It's handy being able to download stuff, but it's just not the same. I download books on my tablets, but I just prefer having an actual book in my hands.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I got my cover yesterday via UPS or some shit. I couldn't believe how nicely it fit the paperwhite. It's like it was made for it. I'll post a pic sometime

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I have not read a book in a while, quite into audio books though

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

It's handy being able to download stuff, but it's just not the same. I download books on my tablets, but I just prefer having an actual book in my hands.
    Totally Joe thangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The newer models have expandable storage. I have a 7' Fire tab that is the new model and it has a microSD slot. I had an older version of it previously before my son bathed it in milk and it did not have the added storage and was somewhat of a pain due to this.
    Do they have expandable storage for a 6 yet? Or is it 7 and bigger?

Do they have expandable storage for a 6 yet? Or is it 7 and bigger?
    Not sure, but to be honest, the 7' is $49... It's amazingly priced for a fully functional tablet of that size. I have always felt it was the perfect size as well, the text is easy to read, and you can hold the tablet in one hand while reading and switch between pages one handedly easily.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Agree, but the ability to switch between reading and listening is a big draw for me. Fixes a problem with dead time in car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Umm got the protective cover and am happy with it. Thanks for all the input in helping me get there. Some real helpful posts in this thread anyway let's move on with our lives

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    Umm got the protective cover and am happy with it. Thanks for all the input in helping me get there. Some real helpful posts in this thread anyway let's move on with our lives
    What kind of happiness is it? Is it warm? Glowy? Subdued? Smug? Rapturous?

You can't end on this note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Not sure, but to be honest, the 7' is $49... It's amazingly priced for a fully functional tablet of that size. I have always felt it was the perfect size as well, the text is easy to read, and you can hold the tablet in one hand while reading and switch between pages one handedly easily.
    I think that's what my daughters have. They seem a little glitchy. Of course, maybe they had an update to fix that.

I think that's what my daughters have. They seem a little glitchy. Of course, maybe they had an update to fix that.
    I don't have many issues with mine, then again I have mine side loaded with the google play store so I can get my apps from the play store rather than the Amazon store... The Amazon store sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Agree, but the ability to switch between reading and listening is a big draw for me. Fixes a problem with dead time in car.
    Yep, that's why I enjoy it. I have about a 30 minute commute so I get a decent amount of book time in every day just to and from work.

I don't have many issues with mine, then again I have mine side loaded with the google play store so I can get my apps from the play store rather than the Amazon store... The Amazon store sucks!
    Was that easily done?

Was that easily done?
    It wasn't overly difficult. I'll post the link when I get home that way you can look at it and judge for yourself. I say it wasn't difficult, but I'm a fairly advanced user so what is easy for me, might not be easy for others.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information