Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Frey's cookbook

Default Frey's cookbook

I'm excited that ya'll have your own food section of the boards! I used to have a cookbook of all my different meals I make posted up on the boards I used to post on. Anyone can feel free to add to these. I'm basically just copy/pasting my entries into the thread over there into here.

Chicken Cordon Bleu casserole.

What you need
    3lb's of chicken (roughly...basically enough to fill a 13x9 casserole dish)
    1-2 packages of deli ham (depending on the size of the package) It's best to get a thicker slice, thin sliced ham doesn't work as well.
    2 Cans of Cream of Chicken soup.
    1 box of stove top stuffing
    6-8 slices of swiss cheese
    1 ziplock bag and rolling pin (optional)

Preheat oven to 375

Fill the bottom of the casserole dish with 1 layer of ham (I always fold the ham in half but you can do it however just make sure it more or less covers the bottom)
    Next take one can of the cream of chicken and spread it over the top of the ham, once you have done this place the chicken on top of the ham and cream of chicken and then do another layer of ham (I don't fold the second layer and in turn don't use as many slices of ham on the second layer just lay it out flat)
    Once you have the next layer of ham cover it with the other can of cream of chicken and then put your swiss cheese over the top of that.

Finally take your stuffing place it in the ziplock bag getting all of the air out and then use the rolling pin on the bag to crush the stuffing so it is more of a breading (you don't have to do this but I just do because instead of being stuffing on the top it's more like a breading, I also sometimes use stuffing in a similar manner for breading on my chicken fried steaks)

Toss it in the over and let it cook for about 30-40 minutes (or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center)

Normally serves my family of 4 with plenty of leftovers for later (we're all about leftovers it's what we take for lunches at work)

Baked Ravioli
    1 pound ground beef
    1 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
    1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
    1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1 Tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
    2. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until no longer pink.
    3. Drain grease, and then stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes.
    4. Spread ? of the sauce in the bottom of an 11x7 inch baking dish. Arrange ス of the ravioli over the sauce.
    5. Sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese and some of the Monterey Jack cheese over the ravioli.
    6. Repeat layers, ending with the last of the sauce on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
    7. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top before serving.
    8. Serve with warm buttered Italian bread.

Brown Sugar Kielbasa (this one was amazing but SO unhealthy)
    1 (16 ounce) package kielbasa
    1 pound bacon
    1 cup brown sugar, or to taste
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Cut bacon into halves and wrap each strip around the kielbasa.
    3. Arrange on a baking sheet and sprinkle liberally with brown sugar.
    4. Bake until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.
    Twice Baked Potatoes Ingredients:
    4 large baking potatoes
    8 slices bacon
    1 cup sour cream
    1 cup milk
    4 Tablespoons butter
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
    8 green onions, sliced, divided
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake potatoes in preheated oven for 1 hour.
    2. Meanwhile, place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
    3. Drain, crumble and set aside. When potatoes are done allow them to cool for 10 minutes.
    4. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save skins.
    5. To the potato flesh add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, 1 cup cheese and the green onions. 6. Mix with a hand mixer until well blended and creamy. Spoon the mixture into the potato skins.
    7. Top each with remaining cheese, green onions and bacon.
    8. Bake for another 15 minutes.

Chili Coke Roast (not one of my favorites but my wife likes it)
    1 beef roast, 3-4 lbs.
    1 can Coca-Cola
    1 package onion soup mix
    1 bottle chili sauce
    Directions:
    1. Place all ingredients in crock-pot and cook for 7-10 hours depending on size of roast.
    2. The meat will flake apart when done. Serve over mashed potatoes.

BUBBLE PIZZA
    Ingredients:
    1 1 lb. ground beef (or your pizza topping of choice you can use anything)
    1 jar pizza sauce
    2 tubes refrigerator biscuits
    1 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    Directions:
    1. Brown the beef in a skillet and drain.
    2. Stir pizza sauce into browned hamburger and simmer until heated through.
    3. Quarter the biscuits and place in a 13-in x 9-in x 2-in greased baking dish. Top with beef mixture.
    4. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
    5. Sprinkle with cheeses and bake 5-10 more minutes.

Creamy Ranch Chicken (2nd favorite)
    Ingredients
    6 slices* bacon
    4 * skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
    2 Tbsp.* all-purpose flour
    2 Tbsp.* ranch dry salad dressing mix
    1-1/4 cups* whole milk
    3 cups* dried medium noodles
    1 Tbsp.* finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions
    1. Cut bacon into narrow strips. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels; discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
    2. In the same skillet cook chicken in reserved drippings until tender and no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Sprinkle flour and salad dressing mix over the chicken in the skillet; stir well. Stir in milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more. Stir in bacon. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Serve chicken mixture with noodles; sprinkle with Parmesan. Makes: 4 servings

Chicken Enchilada's (original recipe, it has changed a lot and is posted elsewhere)
    3lb's chicken
    1 bunch of cilantro
    2 cans jalapeño sauce (not sure on the size of the cans it's a smaller sized than your average soup can same with the chillies)
    2 Cans chopped green chillies
    1 tub of sour cream (32 ounce I believe
    1 package of burrito sized tortilla shells.
    1-2 cups of cheese (or to flavor)

Take 1 can of the jalapeño sauce and one and a half cans of green chillies and cook with chicken (you will want the chicken in fairly small pieces)

While that cooks chop the cilantro up finely (I have a food processor that I use, I also tend to run my cooked chicken through it too but whatever you have that works run with it) mix the cilantro, 1 can of jalapeño sauce and the other half can of chillies into the sour cream and set aside.

Once your chicken is cooked mix your cheese in and then take your sour cream mixture and spread a layer of it in the bottom of a casserole dish fill your burrito shells with the chicken mixture and rull them up place all of them in the pan and then spread the rest of your sour cream mixture over the the top. Cover with foil and cook in the oven at 375 for 10-15 minutes (or until the everything is fairly warm all the way through.)
    Last edited by Freyaka; 11-17-2016 at 12:57 PM.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Breakfast Casserole

1 package frozen tater tots
    1 lb sausage
    1 pkg deli ham
    5-6 eggs scrambled (uncooked)
    1 pkg gravy mix (enough to make 2 cups)
    enough cheese to cover the top.

Cook the gravy and sausage. teat the ham up into small pieces and spread across the bottom of a casserole dish, mix in sausage, gravy and eggs. layer tater tots across the top and then cook at the temperature indicated on the tater tot package until the tater tots and eggs are fully cooked, spread layer of cheese over the top and let cook a little longer until the cheese is melted and then remove from oven and serve!

Ranch Potato Salad

2 lb. sm. red potatoes, cooked
    1 Packet dry hidden valley ranch dressing mix
    1 16oz tub of sour cream (I like sour cream with chives)
    1 package of bacon

Cut Potato's into cubes and boil until soft then drain. While your doing this cook the bacon (I always use a broiler pan and cook it in the oven on broil) Crumble the bacon and mix all the ingredients into a large serving dish.

Potato Soup

4 medium large potatoes
    1 quart water
    1 quart milk
    1 large onion, thinly sliced
    1 egg
    3 tbsp. flour or potato starch
    salt and pepper, to taste

Slice four medium size potatoes into one quart of boiling water. Add one quart milk and one onion, thinly sliced.
    Mix one egg with 3 tablespoons of flour or potato starch until well blended and stir into soup. Simmer for another 15 minutes.

thicken just before serving with one egg rubbed into as much flour as it will moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Frey's Spanish Rice

One issue with this recipe is like many of mine I don't measure any thing out
    I tend to just go with whatever I feel works best...

1 red bell pepper
    1-2 green bell pepper (depends on how much you are making)
    1 red onion
    1-2 lb's hamburger
    rice (I'd say how much but I basically just keep adding until I feel I have enough rice in there)
    2 cans mild (or hot if you want more heat in your rice) Rotelle Tomoto's and green chile's
    1/4th block of velveta cheese
    4-5 roma tomato's
    2-3 tsp of Cumin powder
    salt/pepper to taste

chop up bell peppers and onions and cook with hamburger meat in a skillet, use food processor to finely chop tomato's. Combine tomato's bell peppers/onion/meet with rotelle in large pan. Add a couple cups of water and poor however much rice you want to have (at least 3-4 cups I would say if not a little more.) Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer and cover. Let simmer until rice is tender (may need to add additional water if the rice absorbs it all prior to being tender enough) Once the rice is tender add your velveta and serve.

Frey's French Toast

4 eggs
    1/3 cup milk
    1/8 tsp. salt
    2 tbsp. sugar
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or more, to taste)
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    8 slices white bread or 6 slices Texas Toast
    1 tbsp. melted butter
    Beat eggs very lightly, add milk, sugar, spices and vanilla. Stir in melted butter.

Soak bread in mixture and brown on both sides. Top with syrup and rediwhip.

Zesty Italian Chicken

1 Bottle of Zesty Italian dressing
    1lb of chicken
    1 box angel hair pasta

Marinade chicken overnight in dressing, dump into 13x9 casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 350 and cook until finished (not sure on the exact time)
    Meanwhile boil angel hair pasta until tender.

Serve chicken over pasta and enjoy!
    Last edited by Freyaka; 11-17-2016 at 12:55 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Frey's Breakfast quesadilla's

1lb breakfast sausage
    2-3 red potato's cubed
    1 yellow onion chopped
    1-2 green onions chopped
    1/2 green pepper chopped
    part of a bunch of cilantro (optional)
    2-3 eggs
    1 pckg taco seasoning (I actually make my own seasoning using Cumin, Chili Powder, salt and pepper to taste and 1 cup water)

flour tortilla shells.

Saute veggie's until desired tenderness and brown sausage, drain as much grease out as you can and then add your water and taco seasoning (and eggs) let it all simmer till all the liquid is gone and then set mixture aside.

In your pan (you probably should clean it out first lol) add a little vegetable oil and then put your breakfast mixture onto half of the tortilla shell and top with your favorite cheese mixture fold in half and brown both sides and your done!

Frey's Salsa in a blender

1-2 Tomato's (depending on the size of the tomato and how chunky you want it)
    1 large can of Tomato sauce (may not need the whole thing but again depending on the consistancy you like)
    1 7oz can of salsa verde
    1 red onion
    1 lime
    Cilantro (probably won't need the entire bunch but just a decent amount until it tastes good to you, some people love cilantro others don't)
    1 green pepper
    optional 1 jalapeno depending on your tastes, the salsa verde does a decent job of adding flavor if you like mild salsa but if you want a little more heat you've gotta add to it.
    1tsp cumin
    1tsp chili powder
    1-2tsp salt (or really to flavor, it's another one that depends on your taste)

I also added a small amount of crushed red pepper.

add it all into your blender and let it go until it's all chopped up and ready to eat.

Frey's Chilli

2 Cans Dark Kidney Beans
    2 Cans Pinto Beans (just the normal sized cans on these I don't know the ounces right now)
    2 Large cans Chili Beans
    1 Large can of Tomato Sauce
    1 Can Diced Tomato's
    1-2 LBS Hamburger depending on how meaty you like your chilli
    3/4th of a red onion (depending on the size of the onion) Diced
    1 Green Chilli Pepper
    1 half bunch of Cilantro.

I normally saute the Onion and Peppers in with the hamburger meat. Mix all of the ingredients into the parge pan (I have a very large pressure cooker pan though I just leave the lid off and don't actually pressure cook it)

Once it's all together I add spicy V8 (or normally V8 and Tabasco) to flavor. Then depending on where it is at flavor wise I start adding Chilli Powder and Cumin (the bad thing with my chilli is it changes every time I make it so only the base ingredients stay the same, I change up the flavoring every time) I also tend to toss some Crushed red pepper in there and brown sugar.

Taco Soup

1 lb ground beef
    1 Lg chopped onion, cooked with beef
    2 cans kidney beans
    1 can corn
    1- 15oz can Ro-Tel
    1- 15 oz can Tomato Sauce
    1 packet taco seasoning mix
    1 packet ranch dressing mix
    1 1/2 cups water
    Instructions

Combine all ingredients, bring to a boil and then simmer for fifteen minutes.

Cook the beef and the onion together then mix it all into a pan and simmer, good stuff!!

Chicken Bacon Pasta

1/2 pound bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
    1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (or less if you don't want the heat)
    1 tsp garlic powder
    1/2 pound penne pasta
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    1/4 cup cream cheese
    1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
    2 whole eggs
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    2 grilled chicken breast, sliced (I marinated the chicken in Lawry's Garlic & Herb marinade)

Cook the pasta in boiling salted water until done (according to package instructions).

Place cream and cream cheese in a small saucepan. Heat over low until cream cheese is melted, and whisk until smooth. Remove from heat. Add the parmesan cheese, eggs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and pepper and whisk until blended.

Drain pasta (reserving 1/2 cup of hot water) and return to pot. Immediately add the white sauce and toss to coat. The hot pasta will cook the eggs. Stir in the bacon, and add some reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce. Top with grilled chicken.

Frey's Fantastic Chicken Taco's!

3-5lbs chicken
    1 can Herdez Salsa Verde (small can)
    1 can El Pato Jalapeno Salsa (also a small can 7oz)
    1 Pkg Taco Seasoning (i tend to use Ortega or make my own)
    1 bunch cilantro (fresh)
    1 lime lime (juiced)
    Cook in a crock pot on high for about 2-3 hours or low for around 5-6.
    Shred the chicken, put it on the taco shell of your choice and add condiments.

To expand it a step further and turn it into my famous Enchiladas (at least famous if you live near me)
    same recipe for the chicken except add about 1-2 cups of cheese depending on how cheesy you want it, you can add rice and beans as well, I've been known to do both depending on my mood.

For the Sauce
    1 large tub of sour cream (16 ounce I believe)
    1 bunch cilantro
    1 can Herdez Salsa Verde (small can)
    1 can El Pato Jalapeno Salsa (also a small can 7oz)
    Mix that all in together put a small amount on the bottom of the pan then spread the rest over the enchilada shells.

I don't think I've met a single person that didn't go nuts for either recipe.

Pork Chops and Stuffing

5-6 pork chops (boneless)
    1 large can of cream of mushroom
    1 box stuffing.

Put the chops in a casserole dish, cover with soup and top with stuffing. Cover with foil and let cook at 375 for about an hour to an hour and a half.

Million Dollar Casserole

1 lb ground beef
    26 oz spaghetti sauce
    8 oz cream cheese
    1/4 cup sour cream
    8 oz ricotta (you can also use cottage cheese)
    1/2 cup butter
    16 oz penne pasta
    8 oz sharp cheddar shredded cheese

1. Cook the ground beef. When I know I’m going to do do some freezer cooking in a big batch, I cook the ground beef in the crockpot easily the night before. Once it’s completely cooked, drained and cooled, I place it in the a container in the refrigerator. The next day, it’s really easy to pull together a recipe like this one.

But anyways, once the ground beef is cooked. Set it aside.

2. Boil the penne pasta and drain once fully cooked.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream and cottage cheese. It’s much easier to mix them together if you let the cream cheese soften first.

4. Add half of the pasta to the containers you’re using. In this case, since I had tripled the recipe, I used four half containers. If you’re making only one batch, I would use a 9×13 pan.

5. Top the pasta with the cream cheese mixture. Spread it evenly around the pan.

6. Top the cream mixture with the rest of the noodles.

7. Cut the butter into slices and top the noodles.

8. Top the butter with the ground beef.

9. Top the ground beef with the spaghetti sauce. Straight out of the can, man.

10. Add cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees Faranheit for 45 minutes.

6. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Salsa Verde Taco's

1 decent sized pot roast (I think ours was a good 3-4 pounds)
    1 bottle of the nectar of the gods (Herdez Salsa Verde)

(I will add that after I posted this originally, I discovered 505 chili which is miles better in this recipe than Herdez Salsa Verde.)
    1 onion
    1 to 2 green pepper

Cook on low for 8-10 hours, drain off some of the excess salsa verde/beef broth combo, but leave enough to saturate the meat. Shred the meat and the return it to the crockpot with the veggies and juices and then serve it on soft taco shells with all your favorite taco fixins!

Pulled Pork

1 3-4 pound unseasoned pork tenderloin.
    1-2 cans of Dr Pepper
    Season with whatever your desired seasoning is. I used a mixture of season salt, onion powder and garlic, but really you can use whatever you want.

Cook with Dr Pepper on low in a crock pot for 8-10 hours

Remove the meat (if you are able, it's tender enough by this point you might not be able to, I had to do it in chunks) drain off as much of the Dr Pepper and juices as possible, shred the meat (I literally just pushed down on it with my fork and it fell apart) and then add your favorite BBQ sauce.

My two favorites are

Heinz Texas Style BBQ sauce

And Heinz Carolina Tangy

That's all I've got for the time being, but feel free to add your own as well.

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

What's up with your hatred of spicy paprika? None of your recipes call for paprika, not even your potato salad.

I don't get it.

10. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    What's up with your hatred of spicy paprika? None of your recipes call for paprika, not even your potato salad.

I don't get it.
    I dunno, not a spice I really ever use. (though I don't know that the potato salad wouldn't be a good use of paprika I can't see paprika and ranch blending well)

I mean, if it would make you feel better I'm sure you could put it in the chicken bacon pasta

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I dunno, not a spice I really ever use. (though I don't know that the potato salad wouldn't be a good use of paprika I can't see paprika and ranch blending well)

I mean, if it would make you feel better I'm sure you could put it in the chicken bacon pasta
    OK, let me see the Edit

13. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's a trick question. There is no such thing as spicy paprika!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It's a trick question. There is no such thing as spicy paprika!
    That's a lie!

Frey, you should try my famous Spanish Rice. Here's the recipe:

WTE's Spanish Rice

2 Tablespoons spicy paprika
    1 red bell pepper
    1 red onion
    1-2 lb's hamburger
    rice (I'd say how much but I basically just keep adding until I feel I have enough rice in there)
    2 cans mild (or hot if you want more heat in your rice) Rotelle Tomoto's and green chile's
    4-5 roma tomato's
    2-3 tsp of Cumin powder
    salt/pepper to taste

chop up bell peppers and onions and cook with hamburger meat in a skillet, use food processor to finely chop tomato's. Combine tomato's bell peppers/onion/meet with rotelle in large pan. Add a couple cups of water and poor however much rice you want to have (at least 3-4 cups I would say if not a little more.) Bring to a boil and then reduce to simmer and cover. Let simmer until rice is tender (may need to add additional water if the rice absorbs it all prior to being tender enough) Once the rice is tender add your velveta and serve.

That's a lie!

Frey, you should try my famous Spanish Rice. Here's the recipe:

WTE's Spanish Rice

2 Tablespoons spicy paprika
    1 red bell pepper
    1 red onion
    1-2 lb's hamburger
    4-5 roma tomato's
    2-3 tsp of Cumin powder
    salt/pepper to taste

Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

I'm hungry.
    I could eat a Frey!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    I'm hungry.
    I could eat a Frey!
    I'm not very tasty, too much body fat...

Who the heck eats Ranch

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Who the heck eats Ranch
    Buff does. He dips his pizza in it.

22. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Buff does. He dips his pizza in it.
    I prefer garlic butter to dip pizza in, but I could see ranch being tasty depending on the type of pizza.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information