Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Semifinalists announced for '17 Hall of Fame Class

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Semifinalists announced for '17 Hall of Fame Class

A field of 94 nominees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2017 was condensed to 26 candidates on Wednesday during NFL Network's Gold Jacket Semifinalists special.

The 26 semifinalists will be trimmed to 15 finalists in early January. The current group includes 15 offensive stars, eight defensive stalwarts, two coaches and one kicker.

Among the first-year eligibles, former San Diego Chargers running back (and current NFL Network analyst) LaDainian Tomlinson is the headliner.

The 2006 NFL Most Valuable Player, Tomlinson was a five-time Pro Bowl selection and six-time All-Pro across 11 seasons with the Chargers and New York Jets. He ranks fifth in career rushing yards (13,684), seventh in all-purpose yards (18,456) and third in touchdowns (162).

Other first-year eligibles include safety Brian Dawkins, defensive end Jason Taylor and wide receiver Hines Ward.

Those players will be joined by 2016 finalists such as Kurt Warner, Terrell Davis, Terrell Owens, John Lynch and Don Coryell.

Davis, the former Denver Broncos running back, has made the semifinalist list 11 times, the most of any nominee this year.
    rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-of-fame-class

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

This is TD's year.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    This is TD's year.
    Gotta be. Other than LT, this is a pretty "meh" first year class. No excuse for leaving the him out anymore.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Gotta be. Other than LT, this is a pretty "meh" first year class. No excuse for leaving the him out anymore.
    I mean, there's B-dawk and Lynch too. Ideally I'd like to see both Lynch and TD make it this year and then Dawkins make it in the future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I mean, there's B-dawk and Lynch too. Ideally I'd like to see both Lynch and TD make it this year and then Dawkins make it in the future.
    Safeties typically don't get in first ballot, as we saw with Lynch. So I don't think B-Dawk gets in this year either. I think TO absolutely should get in too though, and it baffles me that he wasn't first ballot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

They will find a way to jip TD out of it this year. Just watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    They will find a way to jip TD out of it this year. Just watch.
    Well there is no Jerome Bettis this year...so hopefully not.

10. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Four Broncos Ring of Famers among semifinalists for 2017 Hall of Fame class

A slew of former Broncos made the cut to 26 semifinalists for induction into the 2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame class.

Four Ring of Famers -- safeties Steve Atwater and John Lynch, running back Terrell Davis and linebacker Karl Mecklenburg -- made the first cut, announced Wednesday night by the Hall of Fame.

Two other former Broncos -- safety Brian Dawkins (2009-11) and cornerback Ty Law (2009), are also on the list.

Lynch is a three-time finalist. Davis is a two-time finalist. Atwater was selected as a finalist for the first time last January.

The list will be pared to 15 finalists in January. Atwater, Davis and Lynch were all finalists last year. Dawkins, a two-time Pro Bowler with the Broncos, is in his first year of eligibility.
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-a4dbd12d7b2e

IMO, Steve, TD, and Karl should already be in. With that said, based on previous years, it will be a miracle if one of them gets in this year.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

God..if you are out there please allow Steve Atwater and Terrell Davis to get into the HOF before i die. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    God..if you are out there please allow Steve Atwater and Terrell Davis to get into the HOF before i die. Ok?
    I will oblige this request.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I will oblige this request.
    Thanks Dog!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Broncos are one of the beat frqnchises that is the least represented in the HOF. Its sad really.

18. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'll continue to protest until Rod Smith gets in. Numbers every bit as good as Michael Irvin, but done quietly and with class.

20. The Following 7 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos Hall of Fame semifinalists: Davis, Lynch, Atwater, Mecklenburg, Dawkins

Some things from article:

The Hall of Fame contributor committee made the absurd nomination of active Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones instead of Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen – a decision widely criticized and ridiculed by fans and media alike.

More recently, the Hall of Fame doubled-down on its stance to not allow family members of players inducted posthumously to receive the prestigious mementos of the Gold Jacket and ring.

Perhaps, the Hall can begin to recover from its public relations nightmare by finally bronzing the bust of Broncos’ running back Terrell Davis.

Broncos who were among the 94 Hall of Fame nominations back in September but were snubbed from the top 26 semifinalist list: Receiver Rod Smith, center Tom Nalen, safety Dennis Smith and coach Dan Reeves.

Davis – a former NFL MVP and the best postseason running back in league history -- has been a top 25 or 26 semifinalist all 11 years that he’s been eligible for Hall consideration. He reached the 15-man finalist group each of the past two years.

An argument can be made that given their team’s success in the past 40 years, the Broncos are the most underrepresented franchise in the Hall of Fame. There are just four players with strong Broncos’ playing resumes who are enshrined in Canton’s hallowed halls: John Elway, Floyd Little, Shannon Sharpe and Gary Zimmerman.

Compare that to the Buffalo Bills, who have 10 representatives in the Hall of Fame; Kansas City Chiefs (11), Detroit Lions (15), and Cleveland Browns (16). The Lions and Browns have never played in a Super Bowl. The Bills have never won one. The Chiefs haven’t appeared in a Super Bowl since the 1970 merger.

The Broncos have played in eight Super Bowls since 1977, winning three.
    full article - http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...kins/353385771

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I'll continue to protest until Rod Smith gets in. Numbers every bit as good as Michael Irvin, but done quietly and with class.
    One of the best UDFA of all time. That has got to count for something right?

23. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information