Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some bye week viewing: The NFL Youtube channel just put Super Bowl XXXII up

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default Some bye week viewing: The NFL Youtube channel just put Super Bowl XXXII up

I love that the NFL has been doing this. They put Super Bowl 50 up when the season started and now they are putting up older super bowls in their entirety. It kinda shocks me that they would do this, but it's super awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUe968JR8UM&app=desktop

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I have to think that even if you're not a Broncos fan that this was one of the best Super Bowls in the history of the NFL. Maybe #2 or #3 behind Super Bowl 25 & maybe 34.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I have to think that even if you're not a Broncos fan that this was one of the best Super Bowls in the history of the NFL. Maybe #2 or #3 behind Super Bowl 25 & maybe 34.
    It's interesting watching games like this that are 20 years old and seeing the difference between NFL games then and today. The most glaring thing is how hilariously huge shoulder pads used to be compared to today.

Also, the announcing crew (yes even a young Phil Simms) was fantastic. They had legitimate excitement and passion on every big play. Announcing crews today just seem robotic compared to this.

Also, fullbacks. Fullbacks everywhere!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's interesting watching games like this that are 20 years old and seeing the difference between NFL games then and today. The most glaring thing is how hilariously huge shoulder pads used to be compared to today.

Also, the announcing crew (yes even a young Phil Simms) was fantastic. They had legitimate excitement and passion on every big play. Announcing crews today just seem robotic compared to this.

Also, fullbacks. Fullbacks everywhere!
    Steve Atwater would use every inch of those gigantic shoulder pads to awesome effect.

Eddie Mac was actually one of the first guys who started using small shoulder pads, and took his pads out of his pants etc. Schlereth too was a pioneer of using smaller shoulder pads, and small jersey to keep defenders from having much to grab at.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

TD was ****ing good. This game is making me mad about his Hof snub. Don't tell me shit about him being a product of the system.

9. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Another pretty jarring thing about this game is that TD got kicked in the head early in the game and got a concussion, and they were just talking about it like it was nothing and he came right back in. He might not have come back into that game in today's NFL.

Another pretty jarring thing about this game is that TD got kicked in the head early in the game and got a concussion, and they were just talking about it like it was nothing and he came right back in. He might not have come back into that game in today's NFL.
    Yeah, was thinking the same, and how much differently that game might have gone if the only person with 3 rushing TDs in a SB missed the last three quarters due to what we've since learned wasn't a concussion at all. The other thing that got me then and still does is every shot of Favres face on our opening drive, as he realized we'd just shrugged off THEIR opening TD and he was in a real dogfight he might not be able to win.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

TD was ****ing good. This game is making me mad about his Hof snub. Don't tell me shit about him being a product of the system.
    Yep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Probably be in the top 5 of best SBs ever.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

But it wasn't a concussion, it was actually a migraine. So who knows how it would be handled today. Certainly, he would go through the protocol, but we've seen other players go through that and return to the same game. The announcers were guessing at it, and guessed concussion, but it was a migraine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    But it wasn't a concussion, it was actually a migraine. So who knows how it would be handled today. Certainly, he would go through the protocol, but we've seen other players go through that and return to the same game. The announcers were guessing at it, and guessed concussion, but it was a migraine.
    That's true, but teams are gonna be way more cautious today that they were back then. At the very least they would be lambasted in the media today for letting him back in the game.

https://youtu.be/JUe968JR8UM?t=2h11m15s

My favorite part (2 hours 11mins and 15s in)

Love me some Eddie Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    https://youtu.be/JUe968JR8UM?t=2h11m15s

My favorite part (2 hours 11mins and 15s in)

Love me some Eddie Mac.
    Knew what it was immediately, but clicked anyway because it's ALWAYS SO FUN TO WATCH. Never gets old. Of course, the finger-wag would earn a 15 yd Unsportsmanlike today (you're SUPPOSED to just plant a helmet in the guys knees: THAT'S fine.) #NoFunLeague
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

18. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

KO returns?!! I've forgotten how much fun KO's were. Heck, I've forgotten that KO's CAN be returned!

The second quarter showcases the importance Davis had to the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    KO returns?!! I've forgotten how much fun KO's were. Heck, I've forgotten that KO's CAN be returned!

The second quarter showcases the importance Davis had to the Broncos.
    I had to laugh when re-watching yesterday at our final scoring drive. TD runs all the way to the one yard line only to have a flag for holding on Sharpe. Then they just give TD the ball again and he again has a great run to the 1 yards line before finally scoring.

Man I wish we had a back capable of doing that kind of heavy lifting now.

21. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information