Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tony Romo: Dak Prescott's earned right to be QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Tony Romo: Dak Prescott's earned right to be QB

In lieu of questions from the press on Tuesday, Tony Romo decided to bear his soul instead.

In a raw statement that touched on his appreciation for the starting quarterback who bypassed him during recovery for a broken bone in his back, and the emotion that accompanies getting older in the NFL, Romo seemed to be bordering on a retirement speech over the course of his five minutes and 58 seconds at the podium.

But the fact that he wants to play again -- in his own words, the desire "burns" more significantly now than ever -- was made quite clear.

"Here you are, sidelined without any real ability to help your teammates win on the field," Romo said. "That's when you're forced to come face to face with what is happening. Seasons are fleeting and games become more precious. Chances for success diminish. Your potential successor has arrived.
    rest, plus Tony speaking - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...right-to-be-qb

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Pretty classy statement by Romo. It has to be killing him. I do love me some Dak though, and it's nice to see they are making the right decision to keep him as starter.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

No way you disrupt what Dak has going. Keep Romo in reserve until that time Dak falters or gets hurt.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Well, the Prescott/Staubach comparisons have been flying fast and furious this year: Maybe we'll sign Romo in the offseason and carry him to a SB against Dallas, where he'll go 4/15 for 39 yds, 0 TDs and 4 Ints in a rout before we bench him for Lynch early in the 2nd half.

In all seriousness, I've said the same thing about Dallas as Denver, for about as long: Their awful line wasted the best years of some very good RBs and WRs, while shattering the confidence and body of a very good QB. It's a shame that they finally addressed that problem (and how!) only AFTER it reduced Romo to an over the hill limping casualty report. Hopefully we don't go down that road with Lynch; I DEFINITELY don't want him out there this year.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Very classy of Romo, especially when Jones had continued to leave it open to the possibility of Romo taking over. Dak has earned the right to keep playing and its great that Romo recognized that and is supporting him.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Very classy of Romo, especially when Jones had continued to leave it open to the possibility of Romo taking over. Dak has earned the right to keep playing and its great that Romo recognized that and is supporting him.
    I have a feeling Jones left it open publicly while telling Tony he needed to do this in order to keep the peace, or something along those lines. I have no doubt that with Dak playing as he has there was any real thought put into who the starter is. You don't bench an 8-1 QB.

10. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I keep hearing rumblings that maybe he should come here, but personally I don't want to see that happen. Our QB situation is not ideal right now but I like how little of our salary cap is tied up in them and we are still winning. They need to put that money into a better O-Line otherwise it's not gonna matter who we have playing behind center. I can't imagine Romo playing behind our current line, he would shatter before the first snap sailed towards him.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I keep hearing rumblings that maybe he should come here, but personally I don't want to see that happen. Our QB situation is not ideal right now but I like how little of our salary cap is tied up in them and we are still winning. They need to put that money into a better O-Line otherwise it's not gonna matter who we have playing behind center. I can't imagine Romo playing behind our current line, he would shatter before the first snap sailed towards him.
    Me either, Denver's problems go beyond the QB. If Romo cant survive in Dallas with a better Oline than how would he manage to stay upright here in Denver?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    If Denver tries to trade for Romo, I would pretty much see that as Elway giving up on Lynch. You don't pick a QB in the first round to have him ride the bench for 3 years.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If Denver tries to trade for Romo, I would pretty much see that as Elway giving up on Lynch. You don't pick a QB in the first round to have him ride the bench for 3 years.
    What about the second round and four years?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think Oz was a pre-caution in case Manning didnt work out.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    That was a much different scenario. That was at the back of the second round and more of an insurance policy for Manning as they didn't know how his injury would turn out. I'm not sure they were expecting to actually get 4 years out of Manning.

To pick a guy in the first round THEN trade for a big star a year later would be a pretty big indictment on that pick IMO.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

If Tony Romo were to leave Cowboys, which team would he end up with? National writers name six options

Bills
    Bears
    Browns
    Jaguars
    Jets
    49ers

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...me-six-options
    So, how badly do you think he deserves to be punished? Browns, Jag & Jets mean that you hate his guts.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    First, I'm not a fan of the idea that the Broncos should trade for Romo. However, I don't think it would be giving up on Lynch. Quite a few scouting reports and talking heads described Lynch as a developmental prospect that could take 2-3 years to be ready to play in a pro style offense. So, while I don't take those reports as gospel, if Elway is seeing him slow to adapt, then if the cost isn't too high, renting someone like Romo for a year or two, while developing Lynch might make sense.

Like I said, I'm not a fan of it, but at the same time, I don't think it would necessarily be giving up on Lynch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information