So Missy and i went to see this tour last night following a exciting win by our Denver Broncos in NFL football.

When we got in Abnormality had already hit the stage and i had forgotten that their singer was a chick. But i knew i liked the music already and they put on a pretty good show where the singer got into the pit a couple of times and mixed it up with them I will say this is the first show in quite a while that ive seen where there was a lot of pit action and stage diving/surfing. Obviously there are generally rules against doing those types of things but all bets were off last night which was fun to see.

After Abnormality was the band Power Trip from Dallas, Tx. I had never heard of them before but they were pretty high quality thrash metal. If i have one gripe it would be the singer of Power Trip and Barney of ND going on their political rants but it was about to be expected because of the election having been just done for the states. Never the less next up was Pig Destroyer. Small history lesson here about how i met Blake Harrison and his girlfriend when at the time i didnt know who he was. Missy and i were wating to see (some band i dont remember) at the Fillmore and had decided to get something to eat next door to the venue. While sitting there we were next to a guy and gal who while you could tell they were rockers/metalheads were dressed in the usual garb that myself or Missy were in.

Now that i think about it i think it was King Diamond we had gone to see but not quite sure but anyway the guy asked us if we were there to see the show and we said of course. We chit chatted with them for a while when he mentioned he was in a band and i asked who. When he said Pig Destroyer my mine was kind of blown even though i self admittedly am not a the biggest fan of theirs. Either way, they turned out to be a very cool couple and i ended up befriending them on FB over the last couple of years. Anyway, back to last night. So Pig Destroyer is playing and while Blake was on stage getting the crowd into the music he just happen to see me a little ways in the back and pointed at me. Fun moment for me as i really had not expected him to recognize me although we do chat on FB from time to time. But it prompted me to post this on FB around that moment to which Blake seemed to get a little chuckle out of it.

That moment when Pig Destroyer is killing it on stage and Blake Harrison points at you in the crowd basically saying " I know that ******". Lol

Anyhow, continuing on next was Black Dahlia and i can honestly say ive never been a big fan of theirs. Not that they were bad necessarily but just never could really never get into them. BUT, major kudos to Trevor the singer for being as engaging with the crowd as i have ever seen. Outside of a couple of tunes from ND Black Dahlia had the most aggressive pit and countless stage diving. At one point a chick was on stage, lifted her shirt to show her boobies and then jumped back into the crowd. You heard me right? BOOOOOOOBIES!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, they were kind of tiny but she was probably 19 or something. lol

Certainly the highlight with that band was hearing Contagion from their first record.

Finally Napalm Death took the stage and we were already going to get a treat because the band decided they were going to play nothing but rare and forgotten tunes throughout the night. Some of the tracks they played were Scum, Suffer the Children, Persona Non Grata, Smear Campaign, On the Brink of Extinction, Twist the Knife, I Abstain, and a handful of punk covers. At one point a bra ended up on stage to which Barney looked at it like it was completely alien to him. lol

All in all a very fun show and every band was great. I will have to check out Power trip more because of it.