Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos control their own destiny.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Default Broncos control their own destiny.

As unlikely as it is if they win out they'll end up with a 13-3 record and the first seed with home field. It would still be possible for the Patriots and Raiders to finish at 13-3. The Broncos would own the head to head tie breaker over the Patriots. The tiebreaker for the Raiders would likely come down to strength of victory which would likely be in the Broncos favor. I doubt it would happen but it's something to think about.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not holding my breath on that one lol. That would be a gargantuan feat.

Do we know for sure we'd beat the Raiders in the SOV tiebreak though? We'd probably need help there, hence we don't totally control our own destiny. Getting help from those other teams to shift SOV into our favor would be the difference in the 1 and 5 seed, so that would be pretty huge.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Do we know for sure we'd beat the Raiders in the SOV tiebreak though? We'd probably need help there, hence we don't totally control our own destiny. Getting help from those other teams to shift SOV into our favor would be the difference in the 1 and 5 seed, so that would be pretty huge.
    Broncos can still win the division but it's starting to look more likely they'll be a wild card. In the above scenario it would come down to the records of the Patriots and Bengals against the Ravens and Bills. Broncos would have also swept the Chiefs whereas the Raiders split. I'm not keeping my hopes up but either way the Broncos have outperformed most pundits expectations thus far.
    In Elway We Trust

5. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

Tough task but as with every year the Broncos control their own fate.

No shit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    No shit.
    They didn't as of last week. You can thank the Seahawks for that.
    In Elway We Trust

Yep, they might not take advantage, but it's great when you have the opportunity to control your own destiny

For everyone worried about the raiders, it's just as unlikely that they win out. The chiefs, bills, Panthers and Colts are imo capable of beating them (doesn't mean they will)

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

At this point clinching a playoff berth is more important. To get the first seed and home field the Broncos would have to win out. Cheats, Chefs, and Fade would have to all drop one game with the Fade being against a divisional opponent. I think the Falcons can beat the Chiefs in Atlanta and the Dolphins could beat the Patriots in Miami. Raiders loss would most likely come at Arrowhead. The hardest thing would definitely be winning out, but this team is certainly capable.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    At this point clinching a playoff berth is more important. To get the first seed and home field the Broncos would have to win out. Cheats, Chefs, and Fade would have to all drop one game with the Fade being against a divisional opponent. I think the Falcons can beat the Chiefs in Atlanta and the Dolphins could beat the Patriots in Miami. Raiders loss would most likely come at Arrowhead. The hardest thing would definitely be winning out, but this team is certainly capable.
    It's certainly not; the line's as much a train wreck as ever, and three of our remaining five are against the Cheats and a pair of division rivals who've already beaten us once (one of them in our house on a night Siemian played very well.) I think we win one of those games, maybe even two, but ALL of them, against opponents with just as much at stake? No way. So yeah, clinching a playoff berth's more important: Because even if we handle the Jags and Titans we'll still need to win (at least) one of those other three to earn a wildcard berth.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That is a very optimistic statement. I approve.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The magic number for the Broncos is still 3 at this point. If they can finish 10-6 they have a pretty good shot at the postseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The magic number for the Broncos is still 3 at this point. If they can finish 10-6 they have a pretty good shot at the postseason.
    They will finish 11-5.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They will finish 11-5.
    They'll finish 12-4

19. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

I'm normally up for making predictions, but I can see these team going anywhere from winning out to only winning one or two remaining games. I don't thing winning out is beyond the realm of possibility and could see it. They should beat Tenn and Jax.

If the defense can re-find their dominant ways, they have had Brady's number, and can shut down Oakland, that leaves the Broncos winning in KC, which doesn't happen too often in December at Arrowhead.

On the other hand, I know the Broncos have done their fair share of sweeping division foes of late, but in general, that's always consider a big challenge. So, do we think it's likely that KC will sweep the Broncos. Not only that, even as bad as the defense was in the second half and the offense was in the first half, but for the special teams blunders, the Broncos would have easily beaten KC.

So, I think all five games are winnable, which means winning all five is a possibility. That said, as inconsistent as this team is, I also wouldn't be completely shocked if they won only two of those remaining five. If I was putting money down, I would probably lay it on three or four more wins.

21. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information