Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 10

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Good and the Bad: Week 10

What an unbelievable game/finish. Don't think I've ever seen anything like that. Here goes...

Good:

Stewart - Has to be the player of the game. 3 huge turnovers that saved our bacon on defense.

DT - Offensive player of the game for sure. Just made some amazing catches today.

Simmons/Parks - Game saving XP block and return...unbelievable.

Von - Ho hum another great game for him. No sacks but made some big plays.

Norwood - He made a couple of really key catches today.

Roby - Made the huge strip late in the game.

Bad:

Siemian - Dude is not good. We were fortunate to win today in spite of his performance.

O-line - Another stellar effort from them.

Short yardage running - The sneaks were awesome, then we went away from it and didn't convert on short yardage the rest of the game.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I don’t think you know what stellar means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don’t think you know what stellar means.
    I don't think you know what sarcasm is.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't think you know what sarcasm is.
    It is the only thing I do know!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

8. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Good - very few penalties

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

I've never seen a game end like that. Blocking a PAT to hold onto the lead would be crazy enough, but to block it and return it for 2 to go from losing the game to winning it on one PAT is just ridiculously bonkers.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I've never seen a game end like that. Blocking a PAT to hold onto the lead would be crazy enough, but to block it and return it for 2 to go from losing the game to winning it on one PAT is just ridiculously bonkers.
    This is the first NFL game to ever end like that since it's a relatively new rule that you can return a blocked PAT for a score.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The good

Darian Stewart continues to be one of the best signings Elway has made. The turnovers were really key in this game.

Demaryius Thomas. Stud.

Defense in general. I thought they had a decent game considering Drew Brees is one of the best in the game. His receivers struggled and he had some shaky moments.

Special teams. I thought the day was off to a bad, bad start with the opening kick return, but after that there was only a missed field goal. The returners were smart with it, both on deep kicks and punts. And obviously, the play that won the game was excellent. (I still question the legality of doing what Simmons did, like with what happened with the Seahawks).

The bad:

The offensive line continues to struggle and be inconsistent. There's just not much hope of any balance when they don't play well.

Emmanuel Sanders. Not used to inconsistent production/games from him, but he didn't get the ball much at all, if at all (I'm trying to remember).

Converting drives into points. This team just isn't good at doing that right now. Stewart's first two turnovers, the interceptions, turned into only three points. I get that one was deep in Denver's territory, but it's got to be better than that. The same goes for the two field goals at the end. Had a chance to get the kill and had to wait for the miracle play at the end.

Undecided:
    Trevor Siemian. Up and down day. The middle of the game was just brutal, which is kind of the opposite of what we've seen this year, which is different, but I don't know if it's better. He still makes bad decisions and doesn't appear to get past his first option down the field. He holds onto the ball too long. But then he made some plays late, particularly on the drive that tied the game at 17. He made two good throws on that drive. His jump balls and fades leave a lot of question marks. Anything over 10 yards in the air is hit or miss as to whether its accurate.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

This is the first NFL game to ever end like that since it's a relatively new rule that you can return a blocked PAT for a score.
    I was trying to think if a college game ever ended like that, but I can't think of any. I've seen blocked PATs that won the game without being returned, and blocked FGs returned for game winning TDs, but never a blocked PAT returned for 2.

It probably HAS happened at some point, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I was trying to think if a college game ever ended like that, but I can't think of any. I've seen blocked PATs that won the game without being returned, and blocked FGs returned for game winning TDs, but never a blocked PAT returned for 2.

It probably HAS happened at some point, though.
    It didn't end this way, but the Texas-Notre Dame game this year had a sequence this year where Texas was up 4, Notre Dame scored a TD to go up 2, then they blocked the XP and returned it to tie the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The good

Darian Stewart continues to be one of the best signings Elway has made. The turnovers were really key in this game.

Demaryius Thomas. Stud.

Defense in general. I thought they had a decent game considering Drew Brees is one of the best in the game. His receivers struggled and he had some shaky moments.

Special teams. I thought the day was off to a bad, bad start with the opening kick return, but after that there was only a missed field goal. The returners were smart with it, both on deep kicks and punts. And obviously, the play that won the game was excellent. (I still question the legality of doing what Simmons did, like with what happened with the Seahawks).

The bad:

The offensive line continues to struggle and be inconsistent. There's just not much hope of any balance when they don't play well.

Emmanuel Sanders. Not used to inconsistent production/games from him, but he didn't get the ball much at all, if at all (I'm trying to remember).

Converting drives into points. This team just isn't good at doing that right now. Stewart's first two turnovers, the interceptions, turned into only three points. I get that one was deep in Denver's territory, but it's got to be better than that. The same goes for the two field goals at the end. Had a chance to get the kill and had to wait for the miracle play at the end.

Undecided:
    Trevor Siemian. Up and down day. The middle of the game was just brutal, which is kind of the opposite of what we've seen this year, which is different, but I don't know if it's better. He still makes bad decisions and doesn't appear to get past his first option down the field. He holds onto the ball too long. But then he made some plays late, particularly on the drive that tied the game at 17. He made two good throws on that drive. His jump balls and fades leave a lot of question marks. Anything over 10 yards in the air is hit or miss as to whether its accurate.
    Sanders bad? He caught everything thrown his way and slithered his way to a few nice first downs. It's not his fault Siemian didn't get him the ball more.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

It didn't end this way, but the Texas-Notre Dame game this year had a sequence this year where Texas was up 4, Notre Dame scored a TD to go up 2, then they blocked the XP and returned it to tie the game.
    Oh yeah, I remember that. Great game!

21. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

For the first time I can remember the game was officiated consistently. Still think Parks went out.

This was Vinobitch's crew, I take back almost everything I said about him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

23. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sanders bad? He caught everything thrown his way and slithered his way to a few nice first downs. It's not his fault Siemian didn't get him the ball more.
    Just off memory, I don't remember him doing much, which is odd. So maybe not "bad," but I didn't think he had one of his typical games. I mean, it seems like he's good in nearly every game. He's allowed one where he's mediocre.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The good

Demaryius Thomas. Stud.

The bad:

Undecided:
    Sanders had five receptions on 9 targets. I thought he had a solid game. Don't recall any drops.

26. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information