Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 10

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    My whole point is that Sanders doesn't get graded on plays he didn't make, even if the reason he didn't get the ball was Siemian and not himself. Those plays are null when evaluating Sanders.
    Fair, but Sanders did what he was supposed to do on those plays. He didn't drop anything and it looked like his usual great effort out there. I didn't see any problem with him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    The good -

No Fly Zone making plays. The turnovers were huge. Stewart had as good of a game as you'll see a DB play, Simmons and Parks on that last play, etc. Roby was still a little shakier than I would have liked but Talib should be back now and we'll be back to full strength.

Run defense - didn't get gashed. Solid effort by a unit that needed one.

DT - best game for him in a while. Big effort on the TD catch and other big plays.

The bad - offensive line. Cut and paste from prior weeks. Stephenson got benched he was so bad. No quick fix here, just have to hope we can be passable down the stretch. This wasn't a good defense we played and we gave up six sacks.

Inability to close out drives - we had a lot of opportunities in this game to make it a laugher and couldn't seal the deal. End of first half stands out (big swing there that came into play later), the missed FG, settling for a FG after the second Stewart INT, not converting one yard runs twice.

Siemian - I debated putting him here. He's so frustrating to watch because he has some really good moments and then some really awful ones. The line did him no favors but both interceptions were poor and that second one was nearly back breaking. Missed opportunities (see my post on Sanders above) and some brutal overthrows to no one in particular. Needs to be better if we're going to do anything in the next few weeks.
    Sampro goes in a RT and looks even worse, dude got beat on a 3-step drop.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I don’t think you know what stellar means.
    Stellar was that chick in "A Streetcar Named Desire."
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

My whole point is that Sanders doesn't get graded on plays he didn't make, even if the reason he didn't get the ball was Siemian and not himself. Those plays are null when evaluating Sanders.
    Just stop
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Bronco Fan View Post
    This team sure likes to make things interesting. Agree with your list though I'm inclined to throw Sunshine into the good category simply because of that clutch TD reception to set the tone in the first half.

Today may have been one of, if not DT's best game as a Bronco though. Siemian threw him some tough balls and he came up with them each and every time. The guy was a total beast today.
    Not every time, as he dropped a ball that was a bit low but that hit him square in the hands. Other than that really bad drop, DT had one of his best games in a very, very long time.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

He was the second leading receiver on the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Derby looked pretty solid. Hopefully he will continue to contribute each game.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

10. The Following User High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I mean, he caught every catchable ball thrown his way and averaged over 10 YPC. A WR can have a good game and not have the most impressive-looking statline. He can't catch balls that don't go his way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I mean, he caught every catchable ball thrown his way and averaged over 10 YPC. A WR can have a good game and not have the most impressive-looking statline. He can't catch balls that don't go his way.
    I just didn't think he had the impact on the game that Sanders always seems to have, despite the stat line.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Not every time, as he dropped a ball that was a bit low but that hit him square in the hands. Other than that really bad drop, DT had one of his best games in a very, very long time.
    That was the Top 5 WR Demaryius Thomas.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

14. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    That was the Top 5 WR Demaryius Thomas.

Dare say Elite....????
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

DT hasn't stopped being elite. In a year where you are watching DeAndre Hopkins be wildly inconsistent and when you note, for instance, how long it's been since guys like Dez Bryant have actually produced, you start to appreciate DT more and more.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Yup. #DT4Life
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

2nd half if game saints were basically blitzing every down. All DL and LB on the line of scrimmage and sending at least 5 guys each down.

Wonder if this was play calling or siemian that we did not have a play to beat this consistently in 3rd quarter.

At this moment, only the Cowboys have more wins than the Broncos in the entire league. Yet, they are in 3rd place in their division, and this is week 10 of the season. Weird, just weird.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information