Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 10

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    For the first time I can remember the game was officiated consistently. Still think Parks went out.

This was Vinobitch's crew, I take back almost everything I said about him.
    Manning is gone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Just off memory, I don't remember him doing much, which is odd. So maybe not "bad," but I didn't think he had one of his typical games. I mean, it seems like he's good in nearly every game. He's allowed one where he's mediocre.
    He had 5 catches for 54 yards. Not the best stats ever, but I wouldn't even call it mediocre. He made plays every time he had a chance. I remember one in particular where he was just standing wide open and Siemian threw and awful pass that he had to dive back to catch. That probably is a TD or at least gets way more yards with a better throw.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember that. Great game!
    Any game that ND gets hosed is a great game.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

This team sure likes to make things interesting. Agree with your list though I'm inclined to throw Sunshine into the good category simply because of that clutch TD reception to set the tone in the first half.

Today may have been one of, if not DT's best game as a Bronco though. Siemian threw him some tough balls and he came up with them each and every time. The guy was a total beast today.
    Go Broncos!

6. The Following User High Fived Edmonton Bronco Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Manning is gone.
    I've always thought it was more of a P*triots thing, he's their bitch.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Nothing has changed with the officiating rules. Sure, Parks looked out but the call was that he was in and it means it has to be conclusive to overturn. It wasnt conclusive. Denver wins.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He had 5 catches for 54 yards. Not the best stats ever, but I wouldn't even call it mediocre. He made plays every time he had a chance. I remember one in particular where he was just standing wide open and Siemian threw and awful pass that he had to dive back to catch. That probably is a TD or at least gets way more yards with a better throw.
    I guess its hard for me to evaluate Sanders on that play without seeing what he would have done with the catch. I just don't feel like he made the impact that he typically does, so like I said, maybe it's not "bad" but it's not Sanders' best.

That particular play was bad, because Sanders was wide open and Siemian has to get him the ball. That's on Siemian.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Nothing has changed with the officiating rules. Sure, Parks looked out but the call was that he was in and it means it has to be conclusive to overturn. It wasnt conclusive. Denver wins.
    It was one of those calls that would not have been changed from the call on the field....inconclusive. They handled it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It was one of those calls that would not have been changed from the call on the field....inconclusive. They handled it right.
    Line judge had perfect angle and didn't call him out. Looked like he was out, but the line judge had the best view.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Line judge had perfect angle and didn't call him out. Looked like he was out, but the line judge had the best view.
    I was pissed at Parks for not paying attention. He didn't need to make it that close...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No rules changed except for their application.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I thought Sanders was just fine in this game. Two things I remember in particular that would have gotten him more stats - Siemian had a ball tipped that Sanders would have easily caught for a first down. He was hopping up and down about. And the more egregious one was when Siemian tried to force it into double coverage to Green. Sanders was literally next to Green and wide open.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I thought Sanders was just fine in this game. Two things I remember in particular that would have gotten him more stats - Siemian had a ball tipped that Sanders would have easily caught for a first down. He was hopping up and down about. And the more egregious one was when Siemian tried to force it into double coverage to Green. Sanders was literally next to Green and wide open.
    My whole point is that Sanders doesn't get graded on plays he didn't make, even if the reason he didn't get the ball was Siemian and not himself. Those plays are null when evaluating Sanders.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Great - DT and Stewart. Special teams execution of XP block.
    Good - Defense
    Fair - Siemian. Got beat up yet made enough plays, but accuracy concerns persist. The line didn't help him look good, but DT damned sure did.
    Bad - Offensive control of LOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

The good -

No Fly Zone making plays. The turnovers were huge. Stewart had as good of a game as you'll see a DB play, Simmons and Parks on that last play, etc. Roby was still a little shakier than I would have liked but Talib should be back now and we'll be back to full strength.

Run defense - didn't get gashed. Solid effort by a unit that needed one.

DT - best game for him in a while. Big effort on the TD catch and other big plays.

The bad - offensive line. Cut and paste from prior weeks. Stephenson got benched he was so bad. No quick fix here, just have to hope we can be passable down the stretch. This wasn't a good defense we played and we gave up six sacks.

Inability to close out drives - we had a lot of opportunities in this game to make it a laugher and couldn't seal the deal. End of first half stands out (big swing there that came into play later), the missed FG, settling for a FG after the second Stewart INT, not converting one yard runs twice.

Siemian - I debated putting him here. He's so frustrating to watch because he has some really good moments and then some really awful ones. The line did him no favors but both interceptions were poor and that second one was nearly back breaking. Missed opportunities (see my post on Sanders above) and some brutal overthrows to no one in particular. Needs to be better if we're going to do anything in the next few weeks.

24. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information