Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 Reasons why Trevor Siemian is not the problem in Denver

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

3 and out followed by 3 and out.. Sieman, play calling, and execution on o just blows. Defense can only hold for so long. Did you see TOP against the raiders? Was redic.

2. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Are there still 4 reasons why Trevor isn't the problem?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    Oline problems: Check
    Lynch not ready: Check
    Run Defense: Only about 70 yds rushing but New Orleans is a pass heavy team anyway so hard to say what more they would of given up if the Saints had tried more.
    Penalties: Probably Denver's best game in quite a while where they had flags on about every play.

So this week, only 2 of the 4 really apply.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    It's almost as if he's still making mistakes a QB with his experience would make.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

He took some brutal hits today and kept coming back. The dude never loses his poise. Today was on the oline. Siemian would be an above average qb if he had some blocking. That pass blocking is pathetic

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    He took some brutal hits today and kept coming back. The dude never loses his poise. Today was on the oline. Siemian would be an above average qb if he had some blocking. That pass blocking is pathetic
    His Int's were all on him, though.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    His Int's were all on him, though.
    Yep, but then again so was one of Brees' two INTs. They happen, especially with young QBs. The first one he never looked over the receiver and as a result, another DB dropped his coverage and jumped it and Siemian never saw it. Bad.

The second one, I'm not even sure where he was throwing it. My thinking is that the route called for DT to break left, a post I guess, but since there was a DB there, just stopped and turned back to the LOS instead. Siemian, appeared to throw where he thought DT was going to be, failing to recognize that he would be throwing into a DB and that DT would break his route off to sit in an open spot. That's all I can come up with there. Either that, or the throw was so innacurate that it was 5+ yards off target on a ball more or less straight down the field (you normally see large left/right inaccuracy more on out routes then straight down the seem).

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    How can there be literally no free agent defensive lineman that can at least be signed to stop the run. You cant stop the run all these exotic passrushers and shutdown corners are a waste of money.
    I'd love the Broncos to re-sign Terrance Knight. Have him play NT and slide Williams to DE on obvious running situations.
    In Elway We Trust

13. The Following User High Fived CrazyHorse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I'd love the Broncos to re-sign Terrance Knight. Have him play NT and slide Williams to DE on obvious running situations.
    So would I, but he never looked after himself when he was on a team, I bet now he is the world's fattest man
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 11-14-2016 at 05:17 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ya siemian is not the problem. guy was a warrior. got destroyed vs the saints and hung in there with gigantic balls

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I cant get on board with this article. Because a good QB can help mask bad oline play. Siemian is masking nothing. Manning typically had a poor oline most of his career. I expect progression from him and last 3 weeks has been poor.
    I respectfully disagree man. Look at the Atlanta game and how disastrous the o-line looked there... The only reason the o-line doesn't look even worse than it already does is because Trevor's got a pretty quick release.

I think the bigger issue here is that he's still battling discomfort from the shoulder. Yes I recognize it's non-throwing, but I think it's got him rattled and scared to get hit and re-injure it. His accuracy % pre-injury was like 68%, it's mid 50's since. Some of that could very well be teams having film on him, but the dropped passes and o-line aren't doing the kid any favors.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    According to kubiak yoh are WRONG. Trevor is bringing many hits and sacks upon himself.
    ints pass rushers hit the second-year quarterback 11 times Sunday -- six for sacks and five others on passes Siemian got away. Siemian went 3-of-5 for 29 yards with an interception on passes he attempted as he was hit.

Not all of the hits were simply the fault of the Broncos' protection scheme.

"Some of them, he's got to take responsibility for," Kubiak said. "We've got to make sure he's stepping up in the pocket and doing those type of things."

But Siemian's dropbacks, particularly in the shotgun formation, can leave him too deep, and poorly positioned to avoid contact in the pocket.

"He gets on the road, it gets loud, we get in the [shot]gun and you start getting away from the center a little too far, and now all of a sudden you're back there, you're hitting 11 yards -- well, we're not going to be able to protect you if you're doing that," Kubiak said.

Kubiak added that Siemian also occasionally is "drifting" in the pocket, a critique he made of Brock Osweiler late last season after a spate of sacks.

"Sometimes his depth is bad in the shotgun. It's something we've got to work on," Kubiak said. "When it's good, he's stepping up, [but] sometimes he's drifting and getting hit. It's something we're addressing -- and we have been addressing for about a month."

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I respectfully disagree man. Look at the Atlanta game and how disastrous the o-line looked there... The only reason the o-line doesn't look even worse than it already does is because Trevor's got a pretty quick release.

I think the bigger issue here is that he's still battling discomfort from the shoulder. Yes I recognize it's non-throwing, but I think it's got him rattled and scared to get hit and re-injure it. His accuracy % pre-injury was like 68%, it's mid 50's since. Some of that could very well be teams having film on him, but the dropped passes and o-line aren't doing the kid any favors.
    ints pass rushers hit the second-year quarterback 11 times Sunday -- six for sacks and five others on passes Siemian got away. Siemian went 3-of-5 for 29 yards with an interception on passes he attempted as he was hit.

Not all of the hits were simply the fault of the Broncos' protection scheme.

"Some of them, he's got to take responsibility for," Kubiak said. "We've got to make sure he's stepping up in the pocket and doing those type of things."

But Siemian's dropbacks, particularly in the shotgun formation, can leave him too deep, and poorly positioned to avoid contact in the pocket.

"He gets on the road, it gets loud, we get in the [shot]gun and you start getting away from the center a little too far, and now all of a sudden you're back there, you're hitting 11 yards -- well, we're not going to be able to protect you if you're doing that," Kubiak said.

Kubiak added that Siemian also occasionally is "drifting" in the pocket, a critique he made of Brock Osweiler late last season after a spate of sacks.

"Sometimes his depth is bad in the shotgun. It's something we've got to work on," Kubiak said. "When it's good, he's stepping up, [but] sometimes he's drifting and getting hit. It's something we're addressing -- and we have been addressing for about a month."

Try again, even kubiak is publicly calling out Trevor now. So while you keep making excuses like kubiak was doing for a while even kubiak himself has had enough and calling him out publicly now, the most telling is kubiak saying he's been on Trevor ass for a MONTH about all the things posted and Trevor keeps doing it week after week.

Your excuses are meaningless when the coach finally calls him out.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

How many times are you going to cut and past that? Enough already.

The excuse makers need to sto making bullshit excuses when the coach FINALLY calls Trevor out. They need to read it and read it good.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information