Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 10 (Saints week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 10 (Saints week)

Saints are looking for some insider information this week:

Coach Sean Payton told reporters they had signed linebacker Sam Barrington and safety Shiloh Keo, and they’ve also claimed tight end John Phillips off waivers from the Broncos.

Barrington replaces veteran James Laurinaitis, who was placed on injured reserve this week. The former Packers linebacker was briefly with the Chiefs this season, playing in a pair of games.

Keo has been on and off the Broncos roster since his two-game suspension for a DUI arrest, playing in four games there this year.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llips/related/

Also:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 9m9 minutes ago

Broncos have brought back S Ryan Murphy to their practice squad. #9sports

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

"We'll see your drunk driver and raise you a John".

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 26m26 minutes ago

Matt Paradis not practicing #9sports

Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 24m24 minutes ago

Russell Okung also not practicing #9sports

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago

#Broncos Wolfe, who is expected out multiple weeks w hairline elbow fracture, not at practice. Marshall was . @DenverChannel

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos indoor for practice prepping for SuperDome game. Aqib Talib isn't practicing today. Kayvon Webster is.

Damn man we are banged up all over the defense. I always knew that the offense leaving them on the field all the time would naturally wear guys down and it would start resulting in injuries.

I really hope denver wins but it's very doubtful without having the defense 100% to at least hold teams under 13 points.

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 34m34 minutes ago

Trevor Siemian was a full participant in practice, but Kubiak said he's sore and the looming bye week will be needed.

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 33m33 minutes ago

Kubiak on if he thought about changing the script to start to jumpstart the run game: "If I did I wouldn't tell you (smiles)."

Nicki Jhabvala ‏@NickiJhabvala 35m35 minutes ago

Kubiak on Drew Brees: "He's exceptional, really one of the finest players I've ever seen. He's at the top of his game. ... A great leader."

Cameron Wolfe ‏@CameronWolfe 38m38 minutes ago

T.J. Ward was sick, didn't practice. Russell Okung & Matt Paradis sat out today, like they did last week. #Broncos

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 33m33 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak said key to run game is broader perspective.That have to stay on field, stay on schedule.Not running enough plays obviously

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 39m39 minutes ago

#Broncos Kubiak calls Talib day to day. "He's doing really good. Just not yet back on the field" @1043TheFan

9. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 32m32 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison "consistency is an issue. As a group we're not just getting it done" @1043TheFan (speaking about ground game)

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 31m31 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison "it's all execution, the timing needs to improve, we will get it done" @1043TheFan

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 31m31 minutes ago

#Broncos OC Dennison said issue in run game is execution. They have panicked a bit when getting 1 and 2 yards early. Have to better early

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 29m29 minutes ago

#Broncos Dennison admits they got off script quickly vs OAK. @1043TheFan "we have to make plays when they present themselves"

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 28m28 minutes ago

#Broncos OC Dennison said "sometimes frustration not a bad thing" @DenverChannel

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 18m18 minutes ago

#Broncos Siemian said "nobody second guessing calls coming in". Said know have to run ball better "we have to have balance" @DenverChannel

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 20m20 minutes ago

#Broncos Trevor Siemian "there's been some frustration. We are focused on improving, we gotta start fast" @1043TheFan

Cecil Lammey ‏@CecilLammey 16m16 minutes ago

#Broncos Trevor Siemian "I think there's a lot of pressure playing QB. You have to embrace that" @1043TheFan

How many teams are still working out the kinks @ week 10? I am aware of a team like the Giants getting hot that year late and winning it all, then maybe the ravens getting hot and winning it all very late. I know it can happen but I just dont think our current qb is a gun slinger mentally, like kyle orton he wants everything to play out for him and if everything else turns into a big play then great but him personally will not go after said big play or even take chances. Something both flacco and Eli are willing to do.

And for kubiak to throw the Trevor is injured excuse out there is sad. If the dude is injured and that's why he's playing poorly then he shouldn't be playing dude. That qoute alone lets me know that kubiak is indeed in love with another poor quarterback just like in houston. Some of you are right, Trevor isn't going anywhere this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    Damn man we are banged up all over the defense. I always knew that the offense leaving them on the field all the time would naturally wear guys down and it would start resulting in injuries.

I really hope denver wins but it's very doubtful without having the defense 100% to at least hold teams under 13 points.
    Your argument is negated by the fact that the #1 offense has kept their defense on the field for more plays per game than Denver (67.7 v. 67.3). But Denver is #5/32 (bad) in defensive plays per game, not good. If injuries are uniformly distributed among plays, Denver would have more than the average number, but less than the best offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

How many teams are still working out the kinks @ week 10? I am aware of a team like the Giants getting hot that year late and winning it all, then maybe the ravens getting hot and winning it all very late. I know it can happen but I just dont think our current qb is a gun slinger mentally, like kyle orton he wants everything to play out for him and if everything else turns into a big play then great but him personally will not go after said big play or even take chances. Something both flacco and Eli are willing to do.

And for kubiak to throw the Trevor is injured excuse out there is sad. If the dude is injured and that's why he's playing poorly then he shouldn't be playing dude. That qoute alone lets me know that kubiak is indeed in love with another poor quarterback just like in houston. Some of you are right, Trevor isn't going anywhere this season.
    Guess the 30 post w/o mentioning Siemian idea didn't resonate with you?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

If we had the number one offense our defense would be just fine, believe that. We can't score and we can't control the clock. Your argument is negated. Our defense is worn out having to do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Guess the 30 post w/o mentioning Siemian idea didn't resonate with you?
    Trevor is a bronco, this is broncos talk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If we had the number one offense our defense would be just fine, believe that. We can't score and we can't control the clock. Your argument is negated. Our defense is worn out having to do everything.
    How do you explain that the #1 offense has their defense on the field more than the Broncos? "believe that" the best you got?

Give von and company the number one offense and von and company would be fine, logic says that if they could carry the worst offense to a superbowl then they could surely take the number 1 offense. You don't even have to be smart to know that. ;/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Give von and company the number one offense and von and company would be fine, logic says that if they could carry the worst offense to a superbowl then they could surely take the number 1 offense. You don't even have to be smart to know that. ;/
    Agreed, but that has no bearing on your claim that the offense was responsible for the injuries on defense.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information