Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bad and the Worse: Week 9

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    He's not missing guys out there THAT much. Outside of the slants, those are the basic plays OC's and HC's trust their young guys to do.
    I don't know, did you watch him in that one play in the 3rd quarter? He closed his eyes, wet himself and fell to the ground and spun around making siren noises right after throwing the ball behind him into the endzone.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    so the answer is obviously... Tebow! where's my mile high salutes?
    Tebow didn't enjoy even a 10th of the benefit of the doubt that Siemian is getting. Drops weren't drops, system wasn't the systems fault, the bad oline play, while better than now, was dismissed as bad because he was one dimensional and on and on.

Not having a better alternative is not an excuse. At least it shouldn't be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'll be sure to give Kubiak a call to switch QBs. That's how much influence I have on the decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Tebow didn't enjoy even a 10th of the benefit of the doubt that Siemian is getting..
    Tebow at least got to finish the season.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

No talk of a new ILB next to marshall. Travatjam and him were great because they are amazi g tacklers and both good coverage LB. And now we have davis whom i have seen miss tackles and is not a tackling machine by any means. Travathan and marshall were both 100 tackle a season players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Tebow at least got to finish the season.
    He didn't start it...

8. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Slick's gotta stop sitting on the fence
    I know I am. It's kind of a shitty thing to do, but I've admitted to wanting to see Lynch get more of a run for selfish reasons but at the same time understanding why the coaches go with Trevor.

Siemian isn't playing spectacular, but the problems go way deeper than him.

It's impossible to find a team with such consistently worse play-calling, lack of rhythm, no attempt to establish tempo, or exploit specific D weaknesses. There is no coherency between plays. On passing downs, the formations and route trees are such that players are getting little separation and not in space, so we cannot get yards after the catch. Siemian missing some throws is far less of a worry than how much we don't do. You see more creative concepts in preseason games across the league.

11. The Following User High Fived cmc0605 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I know I am. It's kind of a shitty thing to do, but I've admitted to wanting to see Lynch get more of a run for selfish reasons but at the same time understanding why the coaches go with Trevor.
    Selfish reasons? Explain.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He didn't start it...
    I realize that. My point is for all the criticism he took he was at least able to finish the season once he came in. No one seems open to allowing Siemien to do the same.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I realize that. My point is for all the criticism he took he was at least able to finish the season once he came in. No one seems open to allowing Siemien to do the same.
    Because Tebow was Lynch in this scenario. First round QB who got his chance to play because the guy ahead of him was so bad. Sieman would be the Orton in this case.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Here are Siemian's completion percentages for every game - stark contrast from before the injury and since he's been back out there. Trending in the wrong direction:

Week 1 - 69.2
    Week 2 - 66.7
    Week 3 - 65.7
    Week 4 - 71.4 (only seven passes before leaving with injury)

Week 6 - 60.0
    Week 7 - 56.0
    Week 8 - 52.6
    Week 9 - 48.6
    And to the eye, it's just as stark. In those first four games he was HIGHLY accurate on his passes. Announcers were making comments about his accuracy. He wasn't putting receivers in harms way. He was throwing a very good ball. Since then, he's missing badly on a lot of throws. I don't know if it's related to the injury, or getting happy feet from getting hit so much or what, but he's clearly regressed in how accurate he is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm open to it. I don't think Lynch will be much better. But again, being the better of two shitty options (where have I said that before?) doesn't mean both options aren't shitty.

I'm open to it. I don't think Lynch will be much better. But again, being the better of two shitty options (where have I said that before?) doesn't mean both options aren't shitty.
    Why wouldn't Lynch be better?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Yes, he is so inexperienced I don't see what he will gain from playing. How does proving he can take a beating help anything?
    I'm a bit old school, but I think throwing QBs into the fire does more harm than good. They have to both run for their lives AND learn NFL play calling, game planning, etc. In big QB money era, I think only Cincy had the fortitude to sit their rookie (Palmer) and currently LA is doing it. Before there was the pressure of starting these big money guys, it was considered good to let a rookie hold a clipboard for a year (I know they don't have clipboards anymore -- and if you don't know what a clipboard is, youngsters, google it).

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I think this is because there is game film now on him.
    I highly doubt it. He's missing short throws to open receivers, so unless it's him studying film of himself and learning how to defend his own pass, I don't think film has a bit to do with it. Since his injury, he's gone from a highly accurate QB to a so/so accuracy QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm actually the same about Lynch. Obviously, I see Siemian's performance (when graded as a first year starter) far different than you, but when it comes to wanting to see Lynch play, I'm right there. There was a big part of me hoping that Lynch played so amazing in the start that they decided to give Siemian a little more time to heal and see what the Rookie could do with a few games.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Why wouldn't Lynch be better?
    He didn't look particularly strong against the Falcons, but the truth of it is that I don't really know if he'd be much better or worse. I'd have to cop out on the answer and say that the coaches simply don't think he would be or he'd be in there.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information