Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Bad and the Worse: Week 9

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post

They carried balls way too much in the first half without using FB Janovich. How come they didn't use Janovich often?

He's got that cast on his hand that apparently makes him ineffective. I saw that he played one offensive snap last night. One! I'd be surprised if the return of our FB makes us a powerhouse running team, though.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Second, not having Talib makes this defense look alot different. He brings the nasty. This team NEEDS that...Talib just makes everyone else meaner on the team. Romanowski used to have that effect.
    I agree missing Talib hurt a lot, but he didn't cause Robey and others to miss tackles and play so sloppy.

Again, this is Oakland....we shouldn't lose to those idiots. I hate losing to them! Now I have to deal with this shit all week. Smh
    This isn't the Raiders of the last 14 or so years, this is actually a good team. I have a Raiders fan at work, who was already giving me crap about how the Broncos lost to them last year. Going to hear more today.

3. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll sum it up in one sequence of plays:
    1st and ten @ the 1- Throw deep to double covered Emmanuel
    2nd and 10 @ the 1- run up the middle for 4 yds
    3rd and 6 @ the 5- 3 yard pass and an Offensive PI call
    PUNT
    Let's Rid3!!!!

The good news is i thought we'd drop this one and the next against NO. We should have a much better draft pick than last year!

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

There is something very predictable at our offense. We can rag the players all we want but what see on coaching and scheme.

Not much to say that hasn't already been said.

I thought after Kubiak's comments last week there might be some new wrinkles or some change on offense- but no. Same slow start, same Siemian, same O-line, same play calling.

With no defensive miracles it was a thorough beatdown. 13 vs. 30 first downs and a more than 20 minute TOP gap? Good grief.

It seems like they're trying the same thing that isn't working and hoping for different results.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Bad: Our defense last night. Being down to a practice squad corner.

Worse: Our run defense.

Horrible: Our offensive line. Terrible. That Elway really did nothing to fix it is mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Horrible: Our offensive line. Terrible. That Elway really did nothing to fix it is mind boggling.
    That there wasn't some move on the trade deadline is very surprising. And there weren't even rumblings deals fell through.

There may be reduced short-term expectations at Dove Valley.

10. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

The defense spent over 40 minutes on the field. That is just ridiculous.

When the offense has 4 three and outs to start the game you're not going to win much.

There were some missed tackles and Roby didn't have a good game, but I'm not going to blame the defense. The score could have been a lot worse if it weren't for them. They did a damn good job keeping it at 13-0 early considering. Oakland had great field position because of the ineptitude of the offense.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    The defense spent over 40 minutes on the field. That is just ridiculous.

When the offense has 4 three and outs to start the game you're not going to win much.

There were some missed tackles and Roby didn't have a good game, but I'm not going to blame the defense. The score could have been a lot worse if it weren't for them. They did a damn good job keeping it at 13-0 early considering. Oakland had great field position because of the ineptitude of the offense.
    Continually running out kicks to the 15 with a guy who has 4.6 speed didn't help either.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Bibbs was a bright spot. Tj ward too. That's about it.....dixon and McManus were also good
    Dixon kicks weird. It looks like it's going to be tall but short, but then goes long. It's happened a couple times. Good problem to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Continually running out kicks to the 15 with a guy who has 4.6 speed didn't help either.
    Anyone know what the thought process is for running out those kicks? There's enough evidence and data now that we know we shouldn't be doing it.

Someone somewhere thinks it's a good idea; I'd like to understand why.

17. The Following User High Fived blamkin86 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    That there wasn't some move on the trade deadline is very surprising. And there weren't even rumblings deals fell through.

There may be reduced short-term expectations at Dove Valley.
    I truly don't see any reason why we shouldn't have tried to trade for some OL help. Hell, we might even be able to get help off the street. Our OL is worse than last year, and that's really saying something.

19. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by blamkin86 View Post
    Anyone know what the thought process is for running out those kicks? There's enough evidence and data now that we know we shouldn't be doing it.

Someone somewhere thinks it's a good idea; I'd like to understand why.
    I think it falls on Bibbs. I didn't see any reason to run those kicks out.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Absolutely. Oakland killed Denver with field position all night.

22. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information