Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2016-17

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Revenue went up when the Celtics and the Lakers went ham. What does that have to do anything? More star power than ever? How can that be when two teams have the majority of elite players?
    Huh? That first link shows the revenue steadily going up since 2005.

The Warriors and Cavs don't have a majority of the elite players. Not even close. Neither team is going to even have the MVP on it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Huh? That first link shows the revenue steadily going up since 2005.

The Warriors and Cavs don't have a majority of the elite players. Not even close. Neither team is going to even have the MVP on it.
    I'm saying that you can't use the revenue going up as an indicator when revenue shot up during the Laker vs. Celtics days. People might tune in to see the heavyweights fight, but that doesn't mean the league is strong. We were headed back to some semblance of balance...but it's gone, baby...baby it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

if the league wants to make it more competitive, they can start by getting rid of that zaza close-out play, like they should have back when bowen was doing it. . .

MO's right, though. . . the NBA has always been the most star-dominated league-- just as much back in the 60's when bill russell was winning nine effing titles as it is now. . .

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    if the league wants to make it more competitive, they can start by getting rid of that zaza close-out play, like they should have back when bowen was doing it. . .

MO's right, though. . . the NBA has always been the most star-dominated league-- just as much back in the 60's when bill russell was winning nine effing titles as it is now. . .
    That play is illegal (thanks to Pop's boy Bruce Bowen), and I believe Zaza was called for a foul...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

There was a somewhat recent period of time when it was the 'big three' style it is now. As I pointed out to WTE, the Celtics sort of brought that back. Why do you think LBJ went to Miami and made a superteam there? And why do you think he demanded the Cavs make another one? And why do you think the Warriors just signed KD?
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also, King...lowest turnovers per possession ever, highest free throw percentage ever, best league-wide offensive efficiency ever, fastest pace since 1993...

http://fansided.com/2017/04/14/revis...ed-statistics/

The league is competitive and healthy. It's just got two really great teams right now, which is consistent with the entire history of the game. Sometimes there were three dominant teams, sometimes four, but there's always been a group of dominant teams. Yes, LeBron's dominance is historical, but then again, as we've discussed ad nauseam and will probably continue to discuss, because he might be the best ever.

The Celtics brought this curse back to us. You fools! You'll not see it till it's too late.

Adopted Bronco:

That play is illegal (thanks to Pop's boy Bruce Bowen), and I believe Zaza was called for a foul...
    not close to good enough for me. . . the clearly intentional, two-step version should be a flagrant two and an ejection at the very least, IMO. . . if we're being honest, i feel it should come with a stiff fine, as well. . . i think going at a guy's ankles while he's helpless in the air is more dangerous and unnecessary than the inadvertent little slaps to the face that get called as flagrants all the time. . . JMO, obviously, but i've always hated that play. . . bowen was a piece of trash. . .

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I'm sure you were equally outraged at the Spurs doing the same thing to Curry in that same game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Celtics brought this curse back to us. You fools! You'll not see it till it's too late.
    In the 80s maybe...Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, all Top 50 all-time players.

But before the Celtics, the 2000s Lakers, Kobe and Shaq, Spurs with Duncan and Robinson and later Duncan, Parker and Ginobili...the Celtics didn't do this, it's the nature of the game.

In the 80s maybe...Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Robert Parrish, all Top 50 all-time players.

But before the Celtics, the 2000s Lakers, Kobe and Shaq, Spurs with Duncan and Robinson and later Duncan, Parker and Ginobili...the Celtics didn't do this, it's the nature of the game.
    The 2000's Lakers were a two man band. The early spurs were a two man band. Later on they had a 'big three' but that big three was weaker than the Celtics bringing back en vogue.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm sure you were equally outraged at the Spurs doing the same thing to Curry in that same game.
    you asked me this before, and i told you i didn't see it. . . why do you need me to be outraged at LA, anyway? it's not like i'm a spurs fan, at all. . . i think it should be a flagrant two any time a guy takes a second step just to get in a dude's landing space. . . if that's what LA did, yes, by all means-- toss his ass. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The 2000's Lakers were a two man band. The early spurs were a two man band. Later on they had a 'big three' but that big three was weaker than the Celtics bringing back en vogue.
    Don't forget about Big Shot Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you asked me this before, and i told you i didn't see it. . . why do you need me to be outraged at LA, anyway? it's not like i'm a spurs fan, at all. . . i think it should be a flagrant two any time a guy takes a second step just to get in a dude's landing space. . . if that's what LA did, yes, by all means-- toss his ass. . .
    The lack of a question mark should let you know that I was being snarky, you oblivious turdburglar!

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Don't forget about Big Shot Bob.
    That was a solid player who, for some reason, went ham on the *****. Eh. Whatevs. You're probably right. The league was a little more balanced and I liked it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information