Page 19 of 56 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Nba 2016-17

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Curry jumps into people at half court and throws up a prayer hoping to get 3 free throws.
    Lots of talk this year about that rule being overturned for next year. Harden abuses the shit out of it too. (This is another Zach Lowe opinion brought to you by buff).

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    haven't seen it. . . on the pre-game, the analysts were saying that curry jumped into aldridge trying to get a foul, and that it wasn't the same play at all. . .

but yea, if it was the same, then they need to get it out of the game. . .
    Well, the argument they're making isn't a bad one. But, Curry was taking a three pointer, run of the mill three pointer, the defender stopped, and then continued into his space. Curry landed on dude's feet. No one cared. If the continuation, or shuffle (which did happen) is bad, then the only difference is that the Spurs aren't being decried for it because Curry didn't get hurt. Leonard and Curry are both top stars. So, to be honest, if the real difference is that Leonard was hurt, I'd remind everyone that Curry has a history of banged up ankles - the gear that he wears on them serves as another reminder.

I love Popovich. I actually like the Spurs. But SA has always played the same way that ZP plays. And they're sliding under Curry's ankles, too. At least ZP can honestly say he was contesting a shot. The Spurs defender can't make that claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Curry jumps into people at half court and throws up a prayer hoping to get 3 free throws.
    And the Spurs defender slide into his space after the ball was well out of his hands. Curry's shot also takes him forward regardless of where it is - this has no bearing on any of the plays in question.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

On another note - The Celtics are probably going to get swept.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Doris Burke on Lowe Post, Buff. Good stuff.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I think the Celtics would be a four seed in the west. The league needs to drop six teams and have better overall rosters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I think the Celtics would be a four seed in the west. The league needs to drop six teams and have better overall rosters.
    Meh, look at almost any era. Four to five teams, sometimes less, dominate for periods. It's the nature of the game. There are more and better athletes across the board now than ever.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Meh, look at almost any era. Four to five teams, sometimes less, dominate for periods. It's the nature of the game. There are more and better athletes across the board.
    It's two teams, though. If it wasn't GSW and CLE in the finals again it would have had to be because of injuries.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I see "Lavar" in that link. Not clicking on it. He's a douche and the league is going to expose his kid's shitty shot.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's two teams, though. If it wasn't GSW and CLE in the finals again it would have had to be because of injuries.
    Look at the history of the league.

1950-55, only four teams make the finals. Lakers win it four times.

1957-69, only five teams make the finals. Celtics win 11 title. Celtics and St. Louis Hawks meet four times from 1957-1961. Celtics-Lakers meet six times from 1962-69.

1970-79, one of the few outliers for teams repeating. The only rematches are the Lakers and the Knicks in 72-73 and the Sonics and the Bullets in 78 and 79. Nine teams make the finals.

1980-89, six teams make the finals. Lakers win five titles, Celtics win three. Celtics-Lakers meet three times.

1990-99, 10 teams make the finals, only three win, Bulls, Rockets, Lakers. Bulls-Jazz only rematch.

I don't think that's an argument for less teams. I think it's making a compelling argument for the same or more.

15. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

WTE

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I see "Lavar" in that link. Not clicking on it. He's a douche and the league is going to expose his kid's shitty shot.
    that guy may be one of the biggest tools currently living. . . he and the lakers SO richly deserve each other. . . it's going to be hilarious hearing him trash magic johnson once the league chews his kid up and spits him out. . .

also, you're not wrong about it being the nature of the league. . . it pretty much just is what it is. . . i do think the NBA desperately needs a franchise tag. . . it would also help if they'd do away with the "star calls" nonsense. . . like they need to make it even easier for lebron and durant to score! contraction isn't going to help, though-- it doesn't matter if you have 30 teams or 20, there are still only 3-5 legit superstars at any given moment, which obviously isn't nearly enough for everyone to have one. . . the NBA can mostly thank durant and his tiny little ego for the low quality of this year's playoffs. . . if he had still been in OKC teamed up with westbrook, the second and third rounds in the west would have been all-out, glorious war. . . instead, we get effing zaza patchouli ruining the one really great series we could have had before the finals. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 05-17-2017 at 08:39 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

man, lebron had a lot of time off to get his hairline touched up just right-- looks like he's feeling extra good. . . this is going to be a short series. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'll give King this: it's been a boring ass playoffs. I haven't watched much of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'll give King this: it's been a boring ass playoffs. I haven't watched much of it.
    Yep

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information