Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So Raiders, here we come....

I've watched a fair share of Raider football this year - I'd love nothing more than to see their futility continue but sadly they look every bit like the clear-cut 2nd best team in the AFC to me.

They still play in a shitbox stadium and they're still the Raiders. I'm shocked JDR has done this well as I've never particularly cared for him.

That said if the same bumbling, incompetent offense we saw in both Chargers and the Atlanta game shows up IMO this won't be a pleasant watch. We will see.

I was encouraged slightly by Kubiak's post game comments where he said the team didn't play well enough to win but did anyway, while questioning Siemian's decisionmaking.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 11-01-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Broncos must block hard against Khalil Mack. However, Raiders' pass def is ranked # 27th and rush def is ranked # 28th. Their defense is not that good this season. Broncos have that advantage. It will be all about Broncos defense vs. Raiders offense.

What's more? There will be Sea of Orange on Broncos' side. GO BRONCOS!

Broncos 31
    Raiders 17

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    I've watched a fair share of Raider football this year - I'd love nothing more than to see their futility continue but sadly they look every bit like the clear-cut 2nd best team in the AFC to me.

They still play in a shitbox stadium and they're still the Raiders. I'm shocked JDR has done this well as I've never particularly cared for him.

That said if the same bumbling, incompetent offense we saw in both Chargers and the Atlanta game shows up IMO this won't be a pleasant watch. We will see.

I was encouraged slightly by Kubiak's post game comments where he said the team didn't play well enough to win but did anyway, while questioning Siemian's decisionmaking.
    I would say what are you guys smoking out in California, but...

Since you brought up Chargers and Atlanta and the incompetent offense, you might have also noticed that the Falcons and Chargers are the top two scoring teams in the NFL, and the Broncos held them to 11 and 9 points below their respective 30+ point averages.

So, while it is possible that the Raiders will spank the Broncos and their incompetent offense, they will need to do it by first passing all over the Broncos no fly zone, which no QB has been able to do this year.

The only two teams to score over 20 points (the Broncos are averaging 24 points per game, even with the incompetent offense) were the Falcons and Chargers, who scored 23 and 21 points, both below the Broncos average, but far from blowouts. Only the Chargers game was more than a one score victory, and the Raiders don't have the RB passing attack that maybe nobody other than Atlanta has.

So, yes, the Raiders could very well beat the Broncos, but the pedestal you are putting the Raiders on and painting it as a nearly insurmountable task, is a bit over the top.

We're gonna come so hard.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Not worried. The Raiders are a fraud. Their defense sucks and they haven't played anybody. We win by double digits.
    Not to mention that the Raiders commit way too many penalties to beat the Broncos, unless the Broncos beat themselves with turnovers, etc.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

Looking at pf compared to pa, it appears as though the Raiders are smoke and mirrors. Their point differential is +12. The Chargers point differential is +13. Judging by point differential the Broncos are the best team in the division by a wide margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Looking at pf compared to pa, it appears as though the Raiders are smoke and mirrors. Their point differential is +12. The Chargers point differential is +13. Judging by point differential the Broncos are the best team in the division by a wide margin.
    Good think point differential is only the 5th tie breaker. Dodged a Talib party on that one.

9. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MNPatsFan View Post
    Not to mention that the Raiders commit way too many penalties to beat the Broncos, unless the Broncos beat themselves with turnovers, etc.
    True. There was a Tampa touchdown drive where we had something like 45 yards in penalties to their 30 something yards of offense. We've been the most penalized team forever, literally, but it can get too ridiculous to overcome.

11. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

This is going to come down to whether or not our bad O can do more against the bad D then their very good O can do against our elite D. I like our chances
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Dodged a Talib party on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Good think point differential is only the 5th tie breaker. Dodged a Talib party on that one.
    What I'm getting at is some have suggested they are amongst the elite of the AFC. I believe their point differential says otherwise. They're an improved team for sure, just not that improved, imho. 😬

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    What I'm getting at is some have suggested they are amongst the elite of the AFC. I believe their point differential says otherwise. They're an improved team for sure, just not that improved, imho. ��
    Guess we'll see, huh?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Guess we'll see, huh?
    Not that I think a game in Oakland is a gimme.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Let's be real. This is the game of the season for the Broncos. Sure, just 1 like any other in W-column value...but you know what I mean. This one 'matters'

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Not having Talib for this game is going to hurt.
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information