Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Halfway point: Where the Broncos stand

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If this Denver team could generate more obvious passing situations for opponents earlier in the game, it would be a remarkable team with the expectation of winning a SB. Just wish they could find a way to generate that point delta earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Smyth did some of the stat work for me already. Take a look at this:

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 55m55 minutes ago

Broncos' offense thru 8 games: 2016: 24.3 PPG / 2015: 24.0 PPG
    Broncos' defense thru 8 games: 2016: 17.0 PPG / 2015: 17.4 PPG
    Wow I didn't realize how close they were to last year.

This team seems to just seems to play better when they know what's at stake. I don't really think they though that SD could beat them, plus it being a short week and Kubes having to go to the hospital was all major factors. I don't think anyone really thought Atlanta was that good, so again they just didn't put their best foot forward.

I will know a lot more about this team after next Sunday. They know that the Raiders are good....man that's tough to say, but they know that this is for being 1st in the division. Von just has a way of kicking things into a higher gear when the stakes are big. Plus Ware will be in better form by then...hopefully Marshall will be back and so will Talib. Booker butt will have healed from being chewed out about trying to do too much and not protecting the ball. This was a good week to make so many mistakes and find a way to over come them, but not make them next week.

Oh one other thing...what happened to our FB? I noticed that he had that protection thing on his right hand/arm. This had to affect the way he blocks...I would think.
    Last edited by pnbronco; 10-31-2016 at 11:00 AM.
    Getting Stoked

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post
    Wow I didn't realize how close they were to last year.

This team seems to just seems to play better when they know what's at stake. I don't really think they though that SD could beat them, plus it being a short week and Kubes having to go to the hospital was all major factors. I don't think anyone really thought Atlanta was that good, so again they just didn't put their best foot forward.

I will know a lot more about this team after next Sunday. They know that the Raiders are good....man that's tough to say, but they know that this is for being 1st in the division. Von just has a way of kicking things into a higher gear when the stakes are big. Plus Ware will be in better form by then...hopefully Marshall will be back and so will Talib. Booker butt will have healed from being chewed out about trying to do too much and not protecting the ball. This was a good week to make so many mistakes and find a way to over come them, but not make them next week.

Its probably a combination of what you stated plus just a bit of luck and opportunity. I think back to the Chiefs game in Arrowhead last year where the kickoff is fumbled by Charles and Roby runs it in with almost no time left. Or remember back in 2011 when the Bears RB ran out of bounds and stopped the clock for us giving us a chance to win that game. Sometimes lucky bounces happen and for us last year we had a lot of good luck to go with the great attributes the team does have and it all just clicked enough to help get a championship. Whether or not we find enough of those lucky bounces this year will remain to be seen but anything is possible.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

There is a reason why people remember names like Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. It's because teams dont win Super Bowls with mediocre QB play and excellent defense very often. The whole "we did it last year, so we can do it this year" routine is false hope. Football is an ever evolving sport and things just dont always work the same year after year...especially repeats.

I'm sure we'll still finish with 10 wins despite our miserable offense, but without a lot of luck, I dont see a deep playoff run. The quandary our offense is in is our line is bad and our QB isnt very good. Yes...he is a game manager...nothing more. Even behind the Cowboys line, Siemian would never be atop 10 QB. So, we can entertain fantasy trades for Thomas or Staley or Romo, but the process has to continue and Elway needs to find a way to get much better OL in to camp.

I remember the days when local and national sports fans and pundits mocked the Cowboys for drafting stud offensive linemen 3 years in a row. Maybe John should take a note.

7. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pnbronco View Post

Oh one other thing...what happened to our FB? I noticed that he had that protection thing on his right hand/arm. This had to affect the way he blocks...I would think.
    They didn't really talk about the Janovich injury during the week - I think it ended up affecting him more than they had thought, having to wear the brace or whatever it was. He played 27 snaps (42%) yesterday, according to Cameron Wolfe, but I think the injury hurt his effectiveness. He was a big part of the game against the Texans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Eh, there is always give or take on any given team. Since 2013 the Cowboys have had an Oline that was ranked 15th or better yet they have nothing to show for it. On any given team there will be weaknesses and while Denver's Oline needs some work they have still accomplished more than the vaunted Cowboy Oline. Maybe that changes this year but until it does it really doesnt mean squat in terms of a team's success.

10. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I'm not too disturbed where the team is right now. Winning the SB last was great, but it also delayed Kubiak from implementing his total rebuild of the offense.

The struggles right now are simply what should have been done last season if not for the last try at getting to the SB.

Going forward, they must now focus on doing a much better job of bringing in talented offensive linemen, signing a dominant FA DT that can collapse the interior pocket (Poe) and upgrade the ILB spots.

12. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

They didn't really talk about the Janovich injury during the week - I think it ended up affecting him more than they had thought, having to wear the brace or whatever it was. He played 27 snaps (42%) yesterday, according to Cameron Wolfe, but I think the injury hurt his effectiveness. He was a big part of the game against the Texans.
    Thanks Von....it took away any chance for a pass to go his way also. It looked like he was wearing a open cast from his hand to his elbow on the way out. Knowing this might have them work with the new TE to playing the FB role a little more....
    Getting Stoked

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    we did it last year, so we can do it this year
    I like the confidence, but go take your false hopes and promises somewhere else, Coach. We are realists here. This team with this offense? No way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Read an article on the Denver Post that Janovich has broken 2 facemasks and cracked 2 helmets so far this season.

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Read an article on the Denver Post that Janovich has broken 2 facemasks and cracked 2 helmets so far this season.
    Yikes, that can't be good for his brain.

19. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If someone said we would start the year 6-2 back in August, I'd have taken it. Sucks that we still have half the schedule left and must play the Raiders and Chiefs twice.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis #30

If we go 4-4 we are 10-6, that's not too bad?
    Wildcard maybe?

22. The Following User High Fived capt. Jack For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    If we go 4-4 we are 10-6, that's not too bad?
    Wildcard maybe?
    I think at least 3 AFCW teams make the playoffs this year. IF everything continues the way it has in terms of the AFCW's successes.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Oh, im not asking you to change your tune or turn in your fan card. I just think its funny that all of a sudden people are surprised by the offensive woes when they were just as bad last year.
    Especially since this year we have a first year starter and a rookie backing him up at QB along with new O line components, when last year we had a HOF QB and the supposed $72 million heir apparent.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information