Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 8

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Good and the Bad: Week 8

That was a weird-ass game but I will take the win. Much needed victory in the division.

Good:

Roby- He came up huge in relief of Talib. That pick-6 was hype.

Ward- Had a sack and the big pick. He was really good today.

Miller- Wreaked havoc all day. He is so good.

Ware- The D is definitely happy to have him back. He made an impact when he was in there.

CHJ- I don't even remember a pass being thrown his way today.

Crick- Had some huge batted balls today.

Doss- Yeah, I'm putting him here. Made the tip that led to one pick and the game saving play on 4th and goal.

Dixon- Yep, I'm putting him here too. That punt out of his own endzone potentially saved the game too. Clutch.

Sanders/Thomas- They didn't have many chances today, but they made the most of them. They each made some huge catches.

Bad:

The rest of the offense. Siemian was bad, the o-line stunk, Bibbs was awful, Booker was ok but the fumble was killer, and Norwood's stone hands led to a pick. Really ugly day for that unit, especially in the redzone.

Run defense. Gordon gashed us today. As awesome as the pass D was, can't say the same of our run-stopping effort.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That was a weird-ass game but I will take the win. Much needed victory in the division.

Good:

Roby- He came up huge in relief of Talib. That pick-6 was hype.

Ward- Had a sack and the big pick. He was really good today.

Miller- Wreaked havoc all day. He is so good.

Ware- The D is definitely happy to have him back. He made an impact when he was in there.

CHJ- I don't even remember a pass being thrown his way today.

Crick- Had some huge batted balls today.

Doss- Yeah, I'm putting him here. Made the tip that led to one pick and the game saving play on 4th and goal.

Dixon- Yep, I'm putting him here too. That punt out of his own endzone potentially saved the game too. Clutch.

Sanders/Thomas- They didn't have many chances today, but they made the most of them. They each made some huge catches.

Bad:

The rest of the offense. Siemian was bad, the o-line stunk, Bibbs was awful, Booker was ok but the fumble was killer, and Norwood's stone hands led to a pick. Really ugly day for that unit, especially in the redzone.

Run defense. Gordon gashed us today. As awesome as the pass D was, can't say the same of our run-stopping effort.
    Harris got burned badly on about a 40 yard pass down the right side.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Harris got burned badly on about a 40 yard pass down the right side.
    He looked like he expected Ward to be there to help on that play. Some bickering after it happened.

6. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Rivers always gives us fits and is like a wraith back there, but I thought we did a good job getting pressure on him. His yardage total was good but his completion percentage was garbage, plus those three picks, and we literally needed all of them. The four down stop at the two yard line was epic as well.

This offense is maddening. On that last real drive, we had a couple of huge plays only to stall out. Other times, Siemian looks like he's throwing the ball into the ocean and I was terrified multiple times of getting a safety. It is a struggle to watch them, though the opportunity is there to get better. I think Mason said we had the ball four times inside the SD 15 yard line and ended up with 13 points (TD, 2 FG, strip sack fumble). Not good enough.

Our run game is still suspect at best, as is our run defense. Those need to be better going forward or playing a game in January is going to be difficult.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Great: Roby. The Disciple of Hood balled. That pick 6 was the most playmakingest thing I've seen this year. Without that playmaker making that play...

Bad: Offense. The first half, after the opening drive, was an embarrassment. Too many head scratcher decisions from Siemian, some accuracy concerns. Okung shined his ass. Bibbs not viable. Credit to SD for making Denver look bad, but my gut is that there are real competence and execution issues with this unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Good: Virgil Green! Didn't this guy have the same if not better combine numbers than Julius Thomas?

He is a good blocker but he has the size, speed and hands to be a threat in the passing game. I've always wondered why they haven't used him more.

The passing game could be so much more dynamic if they had something other than Thomas, Sanders or a dump off to a runningback.

The defense causing a frustrated Rivers cry to the officials after every incompletion.

Bad: Our return guys need to stop letting punts peter out inside the 5 yard line. Seems like that's happened several times now. Go catch the damn punt.

Denver would have won by 3 scores without the costly redzone turnovers.

The run game sucked.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Why doesnt Taylor or Fowler start over Norwood?

i dont get it. They seem like they have more potential then him, even in the slot.

13. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Good......the win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Good: Virgil Green! Didn't this guy have the same if not better combine numbers than Julius Thomas?

He is a good blocker but he has the size, speed and hands to be a threat in the passing game. I've always wondered why they haven't used him more.

The passing game could be so much more dynamic if they had something other than Thomas, Sanders or a dump off to a runningback.

The defense causing a frustrated Rivers cry to the officials after every incompletion.

Bad: Our return guys need to stop letting punts peter out inside the 5 yard line. Seems like that's happened several times now. Go catch the damn punt.

Denver would have won by 3 scores without the costly redzone turnovers.

The run game sucked.
    I told Lynch12 we'd miss CJ.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I told Lynch12 we'd miss CJ.

And apparently you pissed him off when you did that. lol

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    And apparently you pissed him off when you did that. lol
    I have a hard time making friends.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

You left out Wolfe who had one hell of a game!

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

I think our line (maybe it's the formations?) has a lot of tells because at times it seems like the opposition knows what's coming.
    It could also be chalked up to SD having one more day than we did to prepare.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    You left out Wolfe who had one hell of a game!
    It was hard to think of everyone on the defense who played well. They really played a whale of a game today.

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Todd Davis even had his moments, and he sucks.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information