Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 8

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Think about how good this defense would be in the offense ever got their shit together.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It was hard to think of everyone on the defense who played well. They really played a whale of a game today.
    This could be one of their top performances. If it weren't for this shit ass offense. ..ugh, thinking about out just makes me angry!

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think our line (maybe it's the formations?) has a lot of tells because at times it seems like the opposition knows what's coming.
    It could also be chalked up to SD having one more day than we did to prepare.
    It's not hard to know what's coming, the OL just can't do anything about it. The opposing defense literally has nothing to worry about.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The catch by DT down the sideline was freaking awesome.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The catch by DT down the sideline was freaking awesome.
    I said this in the game thread, but it just blows my mind that he makes catches like that and drops so many easy ones. He can really be maddening at times but he made some big catches today.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

I said this in the game thread, but it just blows my mind that he makes catches like that and drops so many easy ones. He can really be maddening at times but he made some big catches today.
    He makes crazy circus catches because he's not thinking about running with the ball.

11. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Good: Virgil Green! Didn't this guy have the same if not better combine numbers than Julius Thomas?

He is a good blocker but he has the size, speed and hands to be a threat in the passing game. I've always wondered why they haven't used him more.

The passing game could be so much more dynamic if they had something other than Thomas, Sanders or a dump off to a runningback.

The defense causing a frustrated Rivers cry to the officials after every incompletion.

Bad: Our return guys need to stop letting punts peter out inside the 5 yard line. Seems like that's happened several times now. Go catch the damn punt.

Denver would have won by 3 scores without the costly redzone turnovers.

The run game sucked.
    I think Green had a better 40 and high jump if I remember correctly. I'm not sure his hands are as good as Julius though. He's definitely a better blocker though.
    In Elway We Trust

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    I think Green had a better 40 and high jump if I remember correctly. I'm not sure his hands are as good as Julius though. He's definitely a better blocker though.
    Green had the fastest 40 time of all the TE's at that combine. He was in the 4.5 range

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Looking forward to getting home and rewatching the game, but man the stadium was rocking. That goal line stand in the fourth was just crazy. Sat in south grandstands under the jumbotron and it was so freaking loud. Hell of a great game for my first in the new stadium. Just an awesome day spent with my kid. As of right now it was all good, no bad.

16. The Following 11 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Looking forward to getting home and rewatching the game, but man the stadium was rocking. That goal line stand in the fourth was just crazy. Sat in south grandstands under the jumbotron and it was so freaking loud. Hell of a great game for my first in the new stadium. Just an awesome day spent with my kid. As of right now it was all good, no bad.
    What a great memory. Very happy for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I rather have spent the money on the OL then DT. He's is good player but not worth the salary cap percentage he taking up.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

20. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

But was it a go route or a back shoulder throw?

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Good:
    Managed to get a win in a game that they almost nearly had to win, a.) to keep pace and b.) because they had already lost at San Diego.

Secondary: Even without Talib, the secondary continued to click. I think they had a pair of interceptions and two or three sacks on blitzes.

T.J. Ward: Had a sack and stepped up in coverage situations in several spots.

Defensive line on pass rush: I thought they got decent pressure today, especially in some very big situations. This defense has a propensity for making big plays in key situations.

Thomas: Made several big catches and had a good day.

The Mediocre:
    Backup linebackers and defensive line on rushing plays: Not much you can do with the injuries at linebacker, but the defensive line still struggles against the running game.

The Bad:
    The possession at the end of the game backed up to the goalline. You cannot take a timeout there. Can't do it. I don't know who's fault it was, but you took 22 seconds off the clock and allowed the Chargers to have one timeout left.

RedZone: Continue to not be able to score touchdowns. Somehow, this hasn't bitten Denver in the butt.

Trevor Siemian: Not good at all. Continues to struggle with accuracy when throwing past 10 yards.

Offensive line: Bad. Okung continues to baffle me, he has good plays and then really, really bad plays. That holding near the end probably should have been a safety.

Running backs without C.J. Anderson: Not good. Special shout out to training camp warrior Kapri Bibbs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't know what is up with Sly. I expected him to take a step forward in a contract year, but he seems to be less effective than last year. Combine that with the loss of Danny T who was really good agains the run and also at coverage because of his elite speed, and we are not the same defense

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Good......the win.
    This is where I'm at.

Enjoy it I guess - but the Raiders are going to bitch-slap this squad as it stands now. Denver does not have an NFL offense at the moment.

This is a bad team with a very good defense until further notice.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information