Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 8

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Because of IQ.
    Sorry if my IQ comment was upsetting Ningie. I should have said it a different way, but was having a very hectic day and posted a quick response.

Ok, let me try it in a way that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings.

Cries for Tebow back in the day, when every talking head and person covering football, especially the local media at the practices, pointed out how bad his mechanics and other skills needed to play NFL QB were, fell within the bois realm.

Cries now for starting Lynch, when local media stated how much he struggled in training camp (drop backs, progressions, etc.) and how bad he looked in his start and claiming how the Broncos would be just as well off and have won just as many games (even when they hadn't lost) with Lynch over Siemian is/was in the bois realm, because it's contrary to what the head coach and all the media actually covering the team says, not to mention what fans should have been able to see from his one start.

Realizing that what Siemian is doing, performance wise, is pretty normal for a first year starting QB (one that had zero snaps other than a kneel down prior to this season), and that prior to his injury, he had done numerous things that no Broncos first year starter, and in some cases no first year starter on any team, had ever done is understanding the game and setting fanbois feelings aside.

I want Lynch to succeed, because I want a guy that can be brushing a rushing linebacker off with his left hand, while launching an off balanced throw 50 yards down field. I want a guy to run a bootleg, and if the field is open, be able to take off for 25 yards, or if his receiver is in the clear, launch it 70 yards down field.

I get why you guys are getting little chubbies thinking about Lynch. I really do. I'm just able to tuck my little fanbois chubby back in my pants and focus on what's best for the Broncos right now, in terms of winning and defending their SB championship, and let the future sort itself out. At the same time, I've watched enough football over the last 30+ years to know that what Siemian is doing is right on par with what most first time starting QBs do. In fact, better than many, who are typically turnover machines, and who was actually in fairly lofty territory before his injury.

I don't make the fanbois mistake of comparing Siemian's play to veterans, but instead how he compares to first, second, third round draft picks and how they performed in their first year of starting, because they are usually the ones that get to start in their first or second year, and with only a VERY small number of exceptions, typically struggle badly in their first year.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Oh, no I get it. Barely. I mean, I don't have a high football IQ or anything, so I'm struggling with some of the larger words.

Beyond that, it seems like a very long explanation for a double standard.

It's fine by me though, I don't care. I'm not any fan of Lynch or Siemian, I simply want a decent offense. I get that the line sucks. It did back then too. I get that accuracy and consistency problems are normal for young QB's. I understood it back then too.

The bottom line is still the bottom line. Siemian isn't playing well, and is trending downwards. That's bad.

Hopefully he gets better and I'll be able to see it between shoving pork rinds into my mouth breathing face hole.

4. The Following 9 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Oh, no I get it. Barely. I mean, I don't have a high football IQ or anything, so I'm struggling with some of the larger words.

It's fine by me though, I don't care. I'm not any fan of Lynch or Siemian, I simply want a decent offense. I get that the line sucks. It did back then too. I get that accuracy and consistency problems are normal for young QB's. I understood it back then too.

The bottom line is still the bottom line. Siemian isn't playing well, and is trending downwards. That's bad.

Hopefully he gets better and I'll be able to see it between shoving pork rinds into my mouth breathing face hole.
    Fanboi!

6. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

These words, in this order. Genius.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'm glad we simpletons have such a genius to explain football to us!

See, your evaluation shows that your football IQ is high enough to evaluate the situation and not just post as a fanboi. Pork rinds aside.

P.S. I'm really sorry that you identify so closely with posters like Lynch12 that you took so personally comments about fanbois. I truly am sorry, but that probably explains your avvy, right.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    P.S. I'm really sorry that you identify so closely with posters like Lynch12 that you took so personally comments about fanbois. I truly am sorry, but that probably explains your avvy, right.
    I identify with Lynch12? Interesting. I did not know that.

My avvy is an oil painting of my son eating tacos. True story. Here's the full image:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jake_taco_rotate.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	9655
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jake_taco4.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	9654  
    Last edited by wayninja; 11-03-2016 at 10:53 AM.

I identify with Lynch12? Interesting. I did not know that.

My avvy is an oil painting of my son eating tacos. True story. Here's the full image:

It's a good pic. The burning question is why does he look so distressed about eating tacos. Tacos are good.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

It's a good pic. The burning question is why does he look so distressed about eating tacos. Tacos are good.
    I'm glad you asked.

He was supposed to look distressed. It was a photo contest from barilla pasta. The idea was to submit photos of mealtime meltdowns. The prize was a giant oil painting of the winning picture. It makes me laugh every time I look at it.

Having said that, it's a struggle to get that boy to eat any conglomerate food. He won't eat something if it's touched something else. Even if he likes both things. It's a first world problem.

Edit:
    Here's the original submitted pic. I have to say that I'm very pleased at the direction of this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jake_taco_orig_rotate.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	9656
    Last edited by wayninja; 11-03-2016 at 11:26 AM.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

I'm glad you asked.

He was supposed to look distressed. It was a photo contest from barilla pasta. The idea was to submit photos of mealtime meltdowns. The prize was a giant oil painting of the winning picture. It makes me laugh every time I look at it.

Having said that, it's a struggle to get that boy to eat any conglomerate food. He won't eat something if it's touched something else. Even if he likes both things. It's a first world problem.
    That's cool. I have to say, while I like Tacos, if the choice was between a nice baked ziti vs tacos, I would look like that too (just with less hair).

18. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

damn. . . now i want tacos. . .

thanks a lot, obama!

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    damn. . . now i want tacos. . .

thanks a lot, obama!
    Now I want baked ziti.

Now I want baked ziti.
    With meatballs

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    With meatballs
    And some Italian sausage and braciole.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information