Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Horror games, horror stuff

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Default Horror games, horror stuff

I don't know about you, but it seems like hardly anyone makes good horror entertainment these days. At least the stuff I like. I like stuff in the vein of HP Lovecraft. Supernatural, psychological. It's a constant amazement to me that I exist, or anything exists for that matter. It's this huge mystery, and we just accept it. Lovecraft and others in that vein explore that backdrop of void and mystery of existence--which has to be the spookiest subject matter ever--in ways that challenge and pique the human psychology. This is the stuff I like, and there is a damn dreadful shortage of it.

So I thought I'd start a thread to find out if anyone shares this interest, and to share my own. Centered on games, but hell, anything goes as long as it's horror-related.

Why games? Seems to me this is the most fertile medium lately. Since the arrival of Resident Evil and Silent Hill in the 90's, and then Amnesia a few years back, there has been great creativity and novelty in exploring supernatural and horror experience in games.

Did you hear about Guillermo Del Toro's game? I didn't either. This is why.

Total BS...

They released a "playable teaser" that is called PT. This is what I want!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The new Resident Evil coming out is creepy as hell.
    I played the downloadable bit from E3.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The resurgence of Virtual Reality will help bring the horror genre back:

And speaking of Lovecraft, this one just screams At the Mountains of Madness:

Even the early VR games were pretty scary, so I can only imagine how good they will be when the big developers get their hands on them:

5. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    The new Resident Evil coming out is creepy as hell.
    I played the downloadable bit from E3.
    RE4 was a good time. The trailer for RE7 shows promise. Out on Steam this Jan. Hope it's good.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I wonder why there have been so many horrible threads started this month
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The resurgence of Virtual Reality will help bring the horror genre back:
    So is Oculus Rift the standard VR platform?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I wonder why there have been so many horrible threads started this month
    I'm wounded. Take it back.

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So I watched this. Dude(?) does no-assclownery playthroughs that he presents as movie-like experiences. This game is pure wow, 10/10. Want it...guess PSVR is the thing.

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You watched a 2 1/2 hour game playthrough?

I'm impressed at the amount of free time you have at your disposal!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You watched a 2 1/2 hour game playthrough?

I'm impressed at the amount of free time you have at your disposal!
    You ever watch a movie?

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So I watched this. Dude(?) does no-assclownery playthroughs that he presents as movie-like experiences. This game is pure wow, 10/10. Want it...guess PSVR is the thing.

You know the influence that kept coming to mind? Danielewski's House of Leaves. This game is a landmark.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Survival Horror Network on Youtube is great. Loved Silent Hill 2 longplay. That game is mad creative, and the music direction was phenomenal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Went to a buddy's house tonight, he had a super high-spec PC he just bought with an HTC VR kit. Even the wife was amazed....she asked how much it cost and was like...that's it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Watched SHN's longplay of Outlast 2. Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You ever watch a movie?
    Never forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information