Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Trade Siemian?

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

All this trade talk is horse shit.
    Once Demarcus Ware gets back we can start winning games with our defence again.
    It's all good.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

2. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It's been a lot more than 6 games since we had a stud QB
    Fair, but now that the name Manning isn't on the back of the jersey I think the panic mode has been ratcheted up.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    This is the key, because WHO WOULD? Trading Siemian or anyone only makes since if it improves the team: Unless we traded him for a stud starting lineman, how wouldhow COULDthat improve anything? "The drivetrain's shot; swap out the engine and see if that fixes it." You already know it won't (I hope,) so why bother?
    Romo isn't an upgrade over Siemian?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Mostly because Broncos management and most fans, don't like the idea of giving up a season to develop a QB.

Considering Romo's lack of mobility and injury history, when not getting out of the way of hits, and the Broncos inability to protect the passer, I don't see it as a good fit, but it is interesting. Romo behind center for a year or two while Lynch learns how to play NFL ball could be enticing.

The three biggest issues are how much it would cost to get him, how much it would cost (cash/cap) to pay for him with about $22 million in guarantees left on his contract, and his injury history.
    This 1000%
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/he...for-tony-romo/
    Dak Prescott's white-hot start to the season coupled with questions about when 36-year-old injury-prone Tony Romo would be healthy enough to resume his quarterback duties have led us to this point.
    The primary question is should Romo get his job back when he's cleared to return to the field? Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones has hedged in recent weeks though Prescott has made it clear that this is Romo's team. The other question is if Prescott is the present and the future in Dallas, should the Cowboys think about trading Romo?
    Common sense says no, but desperation is a stinky cologne. Quarterback-needy teams with playoff hopes might be willing to mortgage the future for a shot at a title right now.
    Which brings us to the Denver Post's Mark Kiszla, who writes that the Broncos should think about trading Trevor Siemian for Romo because "Denver doesn't have a prayer of winning the Super Bowl with Siemian as its starting quarterback."
    Siemian is who we thought he was -- a 2015 seventh-round pick who is best suited as a game manager and not much else. That means he's not equipped to lead come-from-behind wins, but instead relies on Denver's defense to do the heavy lifting while he stays out of the way. You know, sort of like Peyton Manning last season, when the Broncos won a Super Bowl. Related: Manning finished the year as the second-worst passer in the league, according to Football Outsiders, ahead of only Nick Foles.
    So, yes, the Broncos could stick with Siemian, or they could turn to rookie first-rounder Paxton Lynch, who doesn't appear ready for the full-time gig, or, as Kiszla puts forth, they could consider trading for Romo.
    http://milehighsports.com/john-elway...-a-power-move/

In baseball, playoff contenders will sell the farm for a top-of-the-rotation pitcher that will set them over the edge and put them in the driver’s seat for the title. In basketball, teams on the verge will toss out first-round picks for a shooter or second-tier star — the Nuggets received two first round picks for Timofey Mozgov!

In the NFL, though, it’s status quo.

We rarely ever see an organization send away their best player at the deadline for a stash of picks or bring in an elite option to fill a gaping hole in their roster. Moves are made during the offseason, for better or worse.
    But isn’t John Elway the type of guy to shatter the status quo?

Here’s the deal: The Broncos need a quarterback. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. Yes, they won the Super Bowl last season without one, but that does not mean they’re in line to do the same this time around.

This is a championship team. They have a championship defense, championship weapons and championship coaches. That won’t last long. The window is small in the NFL, and even when it’s open, you may not be able to find it. The Broncos have been one of the best organizations in football for four decades, and they’ve come away with just three titles. Failure today, does not mean success tomorrow.

If you don’t take full advantage of your championship opportunity today, even at the cost of success tomorrow, you’re doing it wrong.

With that said, the Broncos need a quarterback, a good quarterback, more than any team needs any one player.

Fortunately, there might be a veteran available down in the Lone Star state.

Read more at http://milehighsports.com/john-elway...v9EHjIHkGWM.99
    Trade and restructure?
    In Elway We Trust

No thanks....

8. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Romo might actually die if he had to play behind our OL....seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Romo might actually die if he had to play behind our OL....seriously.
    Valid point

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Good grief.

NFL QB's are not pitchers. You can trade for an MLB pitcher in the morning, and have them start that night if the team plane can get them there in time.

Neither are they outside shooters.

Those are two of the most asinine comparisons I've ever seen.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Without DT, Ware or Talib this team doesn't win a SB, this guys an idiot.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Who in the **** is Michael Jaycox? An elite player AND a No1?

He acts like the Broncos didn't just win a SB.

Gfy, Dude.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyHorse View Post
    Romo isn't an upgrade over Siemian?
    Maybe 5 years ago, but not now. Romo needs a Unitasesque SB run this year, backing up Dak as an insurance policy too fragile to play the whole season himself.

For us though, it's academic, because beat up injury prone 36-year-olds don't exactly scream, "QBotF." If you think MANNING was hobbled the last few years behind our line: Spending his CAREER in that state is what reduced Romo to a shadow of his former self, which is all that yet remains.

There's (several) reasons I didn't want to immediatly throw Lynch to the lions Opening Day. He's raw and just got his playbook a few months ago, but the biggest was that I didn't want to turn him into shell-shocked egg-shell QB wildly throwing blindly on every play because he's 1) expecting to get leveled any second and 2) usually RIGHT to expect that. It wasn't too hard to foresee we'd soon end up exactly where we are now: With a designated starter too injured to play well, a line showing no sign of preventing that in future, and Lynch consequently playing just long enough for Siemian to be serviceable enough we could usher Lynch back to the safety of the bench to study the playbook.

I really feel bad for Siemian being in that situation, especially with the heart and abilities he's shown as young unheralded player in the tough situation of trying to simultaneously succeed a first ballot HoFer AND lead the Reigning Champs back to continued glory. But I'd feel bad for ANYONE in that situation; I'm just consoling myself with the knowledge it's last years 7th rounder instead of this years 1st rounder.

But no, shoving some other poor sacrificial lamb in there to absorb that punishment wouldn't solve any problems, just eat a lot of cap space if it were a career starter and Pro Bowler like Romo.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Joel longs for the past like uncle Rico

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I long for the future, but I can never get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

23. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information