Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2016/2017 NHL Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    I am.
    I had to go to the bar to watch it and I got hit on by a gay guy. I think assaulted might be a more accurate term. I tried being nice and I think he mistook it for interest
    Free Hotcarl!

I watched the first few minutes... seen a Nashville goal get called back on a bogus offside call and then two minutes later they gave the Penguins a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes. That's all I needed to see, I switched the channel. The NHL Penguins bias is alive and well, this series won't go much further than 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I watched the first few minutes... seen a Nashville goal get called back on a bogus offside call and then two minutes later they gave the Penguins a 5 on 3 for 2 minutes. That's all I needed to see, I switched the channel. The NHL Penguins bias is alive and well, this series won't go much further than 5 games
    We've had goals called back like on and for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Go Penguins. My brother is a Penguins fan so I'm pulling for them. I won't watch a single minute of it though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

5. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Last night's game was entertaining.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

everyone I talked to and the sports stations said it was a boring game.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

everyone I talked to and the sports stations said it was a boring game.
    It was hotly contested and the Predators clawed themselves back in it in the second and third period - the third period especially...

You talked to some people who have very weird definitions of boring.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

just guys who have played hockey their whole lives and the sports stations in Canada but they probably don't know what they're talking about.

I didn't watch it after those two penalties so I don't really have an opinion though

BTW... Pitt went 35 minutes without a shot on net. Couldn't have been that highly contested, I heard the only reason Pitt won was because Rinne shit his pants

11. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

just guys who have played hockey their whole lives and the sports stations in Canada but they probably don't know what they're talking about.

I didn't watch it after those two penalties so I don't really have an opinion though

BTW... Pitt went 35 minutes without a shot on net. Couldn't have been that highly contested, I heard the only reason Pitt won was because Rinne shit his pants
    I know guys who play semi-pro football to this day talk about how the sport is. Much of the time they're full of shit - 'that Denver Dallas game wasn't real football because there's too much scoring' just to be followed by the 'low scoring games are boring'. It sounds like a bunch of guys butthurt about the finals are saying a game with 8 goals, great skill players, and a third period time being broken by a great play by the Penguins somehow missed all of that.

You do realize that they had the lead, right? And if you didn't see the third period, which was filled with 'action' exactly what are you basing your argument on? Nothing.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I know guys who play semi-pro football to this day talk about how the sport is. Much of the time they're full of shit - 'that Denver Dallas game wasn't real football because there's too much scoring' just to be followed by the 'low scoring games are boring'. It sounds like a bunch of guys butthurt about the finals are saying a game with 8 goals, great skill players, and a third period time being broken by a great play by the Penguins somehow missed all of that.

You do realize that they had the lead, right? And if you didn't see the third period, which was filled with 'action' exactly what are you basing your argument on? Nothing.
    Kinger I really couldn't care less, I like that somone on here is getting excited over hockey though

Kinger I really couldn't care less, I like that somone on here is getting excited over hockey though
    I'd really like to watch our team together over some beer. I loved the game last night.

I'd really like to watch our team together over some beer. I loved the game last night.
    I just want to make it to Chicago for a game, I would probably try to make it a perfect time and get in an NFL and NCAA football game as well.

BTW... At the start of the season (and last) I picked Nashville to win the Stanley Cup. With their lackluster season I didn't think they were going to do anything in the playoffs and in my brackets I chose Pitt to win the cup over Anaheim.

Nashville has been a 3rd period team for a while. Turning the game off early would be like turning off a Broncos game early those few years we were a 4th quarter team. I missed the 1st period but the rest of the game seemed pretty interesting. I just hate hearing about how amazing Crosby is every 2 seconds. As for the style of play, Weazel, I've heard many say that the Preds play an older style of hockey. That you would enjoy it if you enjoyed the 70s and 80s. I can't vouch for that, but that's what I've been hearing and reading throughout the playoffs. I'm really hoping we can take game 2 and come home 1-1. It's going to be lit. One thing for sure about game 1, even though it was a loss I think it's obvious that Nashville belongs in this series. It's not a case of the East being better than the West.

Also, some of you losers need to make it down to Nashville for a game. I have 2 full season seats next year. Except for King. I can't have you wearing Hawks stuff and cheering them on. They would revoke my STH status.

18. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

I'll roll up on Nashville and hashtag the whole damn place up.

I imagine the Canadians ain't real happy about the Stanley Cup staying in the US again.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information