Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hair of the Dog; the Ramblings of a Drunken Idiot (Still better than all U29's threads)

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Default Hair of the Dog; the Ramblings of a Drunken Idiot (Still better than all U29's threads)

Hola, and salutations.

Be calm, my peoples. We're alright. Still two games over .500, and a half game out of first. Sure it sucks to lose two in a row,but we were up against it tonight. Short week, on the road with an interim coach, coming off a loss that was demoralizing even without losing our coach on top of it. And against a desperate division rival, which is a dicey proposition at best.

Oh yeah. . . we also started a QB who was raw in all senses of the word: both his shoulder and his skill set.

And Mike McCoy still almost cried on the sidelines on public television.

Good for them, they finally won one. . . they only beat 30 million to one odds to lose the last four-out-of-five, I guess it's fair to say they were due.

And it's not like I like a loss, of course. . . but I love the fact that our guys played through the end of the game. We need to find some semblance of a run game-- and Wade needs to mix in a couple zones here and there to protect our ILBs against those short crosses. It's okay. Our staff are pros, they'll figure it out.

Beyond that, I have one more point right now.

Tonight was one game, and we didn't win it. But personally, I still saw a major big picture win for the organization. It clearly was warm and humid out there-- nasty conditions for football. In an ugly game, where Denver's offense was clearly hopeless, Von Miller showed us a champion's heart.

Oh yeah. Sacks are great-- they're the bigger part of what he gets paid for, as it should be in today's game. But his effort (and impact, on a generally bad night) against the run is what tells me that #58 is truly all in, and worth every penny.

"Von Miller, once again! How many times have I said that tonight?"

#StillNoFlyZone
    #WorldChampsZone

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Hot and humid?

I can assure you it's neither. I mean at all.

4. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Honestly, I think this is a .500 to maybe slightly above .500 team. If the Panthers make that FG we're 3-3 right now. Hate to be a debbie downer, but I don't think we re-create the magic of last season. 3 of our 4 wins are against awful teams this year in TB, Carolina, and Indy.

Fortunately, we have 2 winnable games coming up hosting Houston then SD again. If we can win those and get to 6-2, I'll step off the ledge a bit. As of now, though, I could see this thing going in either direction.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Hot and humid?

I can assure you it's neither. I mean at all.
    wasn't it?

i didn't check the forecast or anything. . . looked like there were some guys cramping or limping off, i assumed it was humid at least. . .

could just as well be short week, though. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Honestly, I think this is a .500 to maybe slightly above .500 team. If the Panthers make that FG we're 3-3 right now. Hate to be a debbie downer, but I don't think we re-create the magic of last season. 3 of our 4 wins are against awful teams this year in TB, Carolina, and Indy.

Fortunately, we have 2 winnable games coming up hosting Houston then SD again. If we can win those and get to 6-2, I'll step off the ledge a bit. As of now, though, I could see this thing going in either direction.
    none of those teams are "awful," anymore than san diego was awful at 1-4. . .

and BTB, buddy, really? you'll step off the ledge if we can only get to four games over .500 before thanksgiving? god bless your fragile millenial soul!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    wasn't it?

i didn't check the forecast or anything. . . looked like there were some guys cramping or limping off, i assumed it was humid at least. . .

could just as well be short week, though. . .
    Humidity in San Diego? Never.

I live about 10 mi from that stadium. High of 70 today and 60 right now outside.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Humidity in San Diego? Never.

I live about 10 mi from that stadium. High of 70 today and 60 right now outside.
    i've never been there. . . it's close to the ocean, no? it never gets humid?

11. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsSSSSSSSS

13. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

none of those teams are "awful," anymore than san diego was awful at 1-4. . .

and BTB, buddy, really? you'll step off the ledge if we can only get to four games over .500 before thanksgiving? god bless your fragile millenial soul!
    All 3 of those teams have been bad this year. Cincy is the one good team we have beaten.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this being a team that makes a deep playoff run this year.

I'm still satisfied with being Super Bowl champs though. I expected this to be a transitional year going into it, so at the end of the day if that happens I won't be too bummed out.

Please save this post and mock me later in the year if I'm wrong though. I would happily eat this crow.

Hola, and salutations.

Be calm, my peoples. We're alright. Still two games over .500, and a half game out of first. Sure it sucks to lose two in a row,but we were up against it tonight. Short week, on the road with an interim coach, coming off a loss that was demoralizing even without losing our coach on top of it. And against a desperate division rival, which is a dicey proposition at best.

Oh yeah. . . we also started a QB who was raw in all senses of the word: both his shoulder and his skill set.

And Mike McCoy still almost cried on the sidelines on public television.

Good for them, they finally won one. . . they only beat 30 million to one odds to lose the last four-out-of-five, I guess it's fair to say they were due.

And it's not like I like a loss, of course. . . but I love the fact that our guys played through the end of the game. We need to find some semblance of a run game-- and Wade needs to mix in a couple zones here and there to protect our ILBs against those short crosses. It's okay. Our staff are pros, they'll figure it out.

Beyond that, I have one more point right now.

Tonight was one game, and we didn't win it. But personally, I still saw a major big picture win for the organization. It clearly was warm and humid out there-- nasty conditions for football. In an ugly game, where Denver's offense was clearly hopeless, Von Miller showed us a champion's heart.

Oh yeah. Sacks are great-- they're the bigger part of what he gets paid for, as it should be in today's game. But his effort (and impact, on a generally bad night) against the run is what tells me that #58 is truly all in, and worth every penny.

"Von Miller, once again! How many times have I said that tonight?"

#StillNoFlyZone
    #WorldChampsZone

Lies no drunk threads are better than mine.

Btb- if McManus doesn't miss the Fg we probably win in OT. Then the safety, the 47 holding or false start penalties. We threw this game away from sloppiness. We aren't a sloppy team. Way better than .509
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsSSSSSSSS

uhh. . . sneaks, what is wrong?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

uhh. . . sneaks, what is wrong?
    At work and broncos lost twice in a week

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    At work and broncos lost twice in a week
    all right, fair enough, i hear ya. . . but FFS man, don't go all pet sematary on me over it!

This post was oozing with positivity.
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Not so fast on the overheating not being an issue. ..Okung was rushed to hospital after the game with possible concussion symptoms made worse by overheating.

23. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information