Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hair of the Dog; the Ramblings of a Drunken Idiot (Still better than all U29's threads)

"Committed" to the run way too long. Trevor was injured and I don't think he even threw the ball on Wednesday. Once we took off the wraps we looked a little better.

No Defensive points this week, and the offense gave up 2.

Refs seemed to be against us all night. Most of the calls were valid - but they got away with a lot (defenseless receiver on the next to last drive).

Want me to be brutally honest, I love DT but we should have shopped him and tried to keep Malik. Probably not financially possible but just throwing it out there.

We're fine. I see one playoff win anyway. Well unless we stay below 80 yards of rushing. Man that is just shocking to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    All 3 of those teams have been bad this year. Cincy is the one good team we have beaten.

I do hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this being a team that makes a deep playoff run this year.

I'm still satisfied with being Super Bowl champs though. I expected this to be a transitional year going into it, so at the end of the day if that happens I won't be too bummed out.

Please save this post and mock me later in the year if I'm wrong though. I would happily eat this crow.
    By DVOA, the Bengals aren't even that good. Here are the DVOA of teams we've played this year:

Panthers - 23rd
    Colts - 27th
    Bengals - 19th
    Buccaneers - 29th
    Falcons - 5th
    Chargers - 11th (and that was before they beat us)

My mindset is kind of like yours - I told my buddy before the season started that we would be 8-8 this year and then hopefully transition quickly next year. I felt more positive after training camp and our hot start made me believe, but maybe this is just what we are this year as we try to find our way. I wouldn't trade that Super Bowl for anything. Last year, I would have been up for hours thinking about the game. I didn't lose any sleep last night.

These next couple of games look winnable but can you really say we're likely to win them? I can't say that right now, since we're not consistent. I hope we get there, but I have my doubts.

3. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I said this in another thread but...
    This game looked like 90% of the games we played last year only this time the D didn't bail our ass out at the end.
    Like those ******** on Wall Street, we've come to expect that bailout.
    With the talent we have on D I will still expect to be bailed out by the D as we move forward.
    It's the rock we have built our house on and it will stand.
    Last night (and last week) was the exception to the rule...

Wait and see...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

5. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Are you still in Suckland and did you get to watch the game?
    Yep, I'm in a pub dragging ass. Got up at 5:00 to watch it tape delayed before heading into office. Had too many beers night before so wish I had opted for few hours more sleep instead.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yep, I'm in a pub dragging ass. Got up at 5:00 to watch it tape delayed before heading into office. Had too many beers night before so wish I had opted for few hours more sleep instead.
    This silly hours viewing thing is a lot easier when the team plays good.
    I woke with the intention of watching live, but was too sleepy and drifted in and out of sleep with Denver sports radio app in background and finally was awake enough to watch the 4th quarter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Lies no drunk threads are better than mine.

Btb- if McManus doesn't miss the Fg we probably win in OT. Then the safety, the 47 holding or false start penalties. We threw this game away from sloppiness. We aren't a sloppy team. Way better than .509
    CJ's touchdown called back and the missed field goal are 10 points off the board. No need for OT.
    In Elway We Trust

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information