Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 6. Will the real Denver Broncos please stand up?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

For those that remember, there was always this same issue with MS offensive lines post TD & Mike Anderson. Still continued somewhat under John Fox. Common denominator for all is the teams dismal record in drafting offensive linemen.

Although too late to make changes, Elway and company ought to be looking pretty hard at the scouts for the OL. 2nd issue, which was also one of Shanahan's problems, was believing they could "make do" with average OL talent. Why are they so reluctant to invest in blue chip OL talent? A mitigating factor could be where we selected in the draft since 2010.

This offseason, they had better use some of the many picks available and get some real help for the OL by moving up if necessary.

As for last nights game, didn't see much as I was recovering from minor back surgery. By the sound of things, I didn't miss much, but I will say this: Booker should be the starting RB by the beginning of November.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I really struggle with this "get lynch out there because he is the qbotf" attitude simply because of his draft position and the fact he is big, athletic and had a stong arm

Tebow had all of those things.

The other thing they both possess is a poor football iq, zero time in a professional offense, zero snaps under centre, a limited play book and a shit load of hype

Lunch has stupid facial hair also

Ride with Trevor.

You really dont like that kid do you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You really dont like that kid do you?
    Lol, I'm just playing with the ride with Trevor part but I am for real when I say that I don't get the hype surrounding lynch given how unprepared he was for the pros

I never liked ozweiler, for some reason I have the same gut feeling about lunch

But always remember I am still holding out for latimer to come good, so please disregard my football analysis immediately lmao

5. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Most of the time last night he didn't have time to throw more than 5-6 yard passes.

#patchworkOLine
    Yea. I can't believe this happened to me, but I'm more wiped by jet lag then I've ever been in my life. Fallilng asleep at a pub. We head back to the hotel and woke up a bit and since it was only 7:00, we decided one more pint in the hotel bar. I get there and they are replaying the game. Uggg.

Now, they displayed a condensed version, so some of it was missing, but in the parts they showed, more time than not, he didn't have time to hold onto the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    For those that remember, there was always this same issue with MS offensive lines post TD & Mike Anderson. Still continued somewhat under John Fox. Common denominator for all is the teams dismal record in drafting offensive linemen.

Although too late to make changes, Elway and company ought to be looking pretty hard at the scouts for the OL. 2nd issue, which was also one of Shanahan's problems, was believing they could "make do" with average OL talent. Why are they so reluctant to invest in blue chip OL talent? A mitigating factor could be where we selected in the draft since 2010.

This offseason, they had better use some of the many picks available and get some real help for the OL by moving up if necessary.

As for last nights game, didn't see much as I was recovering from minor back surgery. By the sound of things, I didn't miss much, but I will say this: Booker should be the starting RB by the beginning of November.
    Kind of difficult when you're consistently drafting in the lower 1/3 of the draft....

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Kind of difficult when you're consistently drafting in the lower 1/3 of the draft....
    And choose to focus on building a stud defense, and then replacing the QB that bolted for Texas.

Two of their biggest free agent moves were to address the tackle positions. Maybe stop gaps, but there is only so many early draft picks and money to go around.

Now, the question, and it is valid with Traveler bringing up Mastershake's drafting (oh, or did he mean Shanahan?), is the philosophy that they can get small, athletic linemen late in drafts and make them into solid ZBS blockers. It may be that the experiment of a decade or two has shown it doesn't work.

Living in E Oakland I know exactly what you mean. If our team loved us they would not put us through this.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    You guys just don't know how bad it is living in the Bay and having alot of raider friends/family. Work is going to suck tomorrow. Even though the chargers win raider fans will still yap the loudest.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Kubiak reacts to each holding call while watching the game at home......

At 2:07 he reconsiders the gameplan.....
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 10-14-2016 at 11:45 PM.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Because he still far outplayed Lynch.
    Huh?

By the half he had 5 completed passes.

He didn't start really making any completions with regularity until around the 4th quarter when the chargers started playing prevent.

He couldn't even throw the ball in the end-zone on a play designed to put the ball in the end zone.

I'm fine with an argument about who sucked ass worse, but to say he "far outplayed" lynch in that game is laughable. Both games were embarrassing shit-shows.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Huh?

By the half he had 5 completed passes.

He didn't start really making any completions with regularity until around the 4th quarter when the chargers started playing prevent.

He couldn't even throw the ball in the end-zone on a play designed to put the ball in the end zone.

I'm fine with an argument about who sucked ass worse, but to say he "far outplayed" lynch in that game is laughable. Both games were embarrassing shit-shows.
    Didn't say Siemian was good, but he still looked like he belonged even if whole offense sucked.

Lynch was confused, scrambled in a panic, etc.

One had a bad game the other clearly showed he wasn't ready to be on NFL field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Didn't say Siemian was good, but he still looked like he belonged even if whole offense sucked.

If both games was their complete resume, I'd be hard pressed to pick a winner or declare either of them ready for the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Yikes, agreeing with Tned.

Lynch had his chance AT HOME and couldn't get it done. The coaches and players wanted Sim against ATL, but he wasn't 100%. He wasn't 100% against SD, but Rico limited his hand until the 4th qtr. Lynch is the future, but he is not ready. Kubs didnt trust him against ATL, and that's why they came out running. In game 1, against Car, the first 6 plays were pass. Get Kubs and the rest of the team healthy and Brock and TX will be in for a world of hurt.

The good was special teams.

The bad was play calling through 3 qtrs....offense and defense

The ugly was the O-line.

Extra credit good is this semi-bye week and playing SD at home in 2 weeks.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Yikes, agreeing with Tned. Lynch had his chance AT HOME and couldn't get it done. The coaches and players wanted Sim against ATL, but he wasn't 100%. He wasn't 100% against SD, but Rico limited his hand until the 4th qtr. Lynch is the future, but he is not ready. Kubs didnt trust him against ATL, and that's why they came out running. In game 1, against Car, the first 6 plays were pass. Get Kubs and the rest of the team healthy and Brock and TX will be in for a world of hurt. The good was special teams. The bad was play calling through 3 qtrs....offense and defense The ugly was the O-line. Extra credit good is this semi-bye week and playing SD at home in 2 weeks.
    This is a nice example of my point, why is lynch the future?

Not a troll post or an attempt to dis the guy, I just don't get it.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    This is a nice example of my point, why is lynch the future?

Not a troll post or an attempt to dis the guy, I just don't get it.
    *snarky voice * Because he was drafted in the 1st round, has an arm like Cutler, and played in a smaller school like Cutler..... *voice over

20. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Siemian didn't look like he belonged at all. He was pathetic and wouldn't even attempt passes past 10 yards. He did not in any way belong on an NFL field Thursday. I hope it's because he was hurt - which presents its own problems as it is, either he was unwilling to tell the trainers and coaches he couldn't go, or they insisted, guessing it was the former. That Hail Mary attempt was about as pathetic as it gets; like Tebow pathetic. Even without it, it was a downright awful performance. Along with the rest of the offense. I saw nothing at all that was better than Lynch against Atlanta.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information