Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 6. Will the real Denver Broncos please stand up?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    One thing I've noticed people saying a lot is that if we don't make a few uncharacteristic mistakes, we likely win. On the flip side of that, the Chargers muffing 2 kicks led directly to 10 of our 13 points. So if not for the Chargers making those mistakes, we never even make the game close. IMO, we were lucky to lose by only 8, because it really wasn't even that close.

If not for the hold on Okung or the DT fumble we likely have 10-14 points....Then the game is never close as we win.

If if if if....

If you dad had tits hed be your mother.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

One thing I've noticed people saying a lot is that if we don't make a few uncharacteristic mistakes, we likely win. On the flip side of that, the Chargers muffing 2 kicks led directly to 10 of our 13 points. So if not for the Chargers making those mistakes, we never even make the game close. IMO, we were lucky to lose by only 8, because it really wasn't even that close.
    True, but those are the characteristic mistakes that SD makes every game. We're just the first team that couldn't capitalize on them. That's what's so disturbing. We could've won this game. We shot ourselves in the foot more than SD stopped us. Drive killing penalties and 2 costly fumbles made all the difference.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    True, but those are the characteristic mistakes that SD makes every game. We're just the first team that couldn't capitalize on them. That's what's so disturbing. We could've won this game. We shot ourselves in the foot more than SD stopped us. Drive killing penalties and 2 costly fumbles made all the difference.
    I keep going back to the holding penalty on that incredible CJ touchdown. That was the final straw in this game, IMO (combined with the DT fumble a few plays later, obviously). If they score there, it's 21-16 with 4:20 to go or so, and we have a chance to bring it within three points. Even if we miss, the defense was clamping down and we had all three timeouts. Could've really put the pressure on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    If he's hurt then why is he playing? Why risk prolonging the banged up shoulder this early in the season? The shoulder surely didnt get better by playing a game and taking more hits, with the extra time do we start lynch and truly let Trevor get healthy?
    Because he still far outplayed Lynch.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If not for the hold on Okung or the DT fumble we likely have 10-14 points....Then the game is never close as we win.

If if if if....

If you dad had tits hed be your mother.
    I'm not the one who started playing the if game. I'm just saying the Chargers had "ifs" just like we did, which at the end of the day cancel out and still leave us with the deserved result last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Based on what? Give us a specific critique.

I get annoyed with people playing fan police - but man, it seems like ya'll done gone crazy up in here.
    I admit that I am biased. Dennison has never done anything for the team going back as the coach to a shitty ST group back in the day. He has always been a part of the good ol boys and was protected by Shanahan's loyalty and then by Kubiaks.

As to the points, he is the offensive coordinator to one of the worst offenses in the league. There is no flow or rhythm to the offense. The plays are one dimensional and are easy for the defense to read and counteract. This isn't against good defenses. This is against Indy (30th ranked defense), SD (31st defense), Atlanta (26th defense), TB (21st). Granted we won two of those games, but only because the defense put us there.

The offense last night was as vanilla as it gets. No slants, 1 pitch, no rb screens, 1 wr screen (?), no quick drop passes. It looked like they were literally calling the same handful of plays every series despite it not working. We didn't get the TE involved at all until the end. The only times the oline might have been successful they were penalized. This offense doesn't have any sort of identity and doesn't look like it knows who they want to be. I lay that at the feet of the offensive coaches.

Without Wade Phillips this team would be a 4 win club.

10. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I don't know, this isn't even close to the first time in the last two seasons we've committed bone headed costly penalties. It's just one of the first times it's cost us a game. We're lucky it hasn't cost us more games.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

The good:
    Chargers and Chiefs are each 2 win teams.

The bad:
    The Faiders are a 1 loss team and in command of the AFC West.
    Our 15 road game win streak against division rivals is ended.

The Uuuuuugly:
    Orange Footie Pajamas. Nuff said!
    (Power Blue unis would have led to a win. Just sayin')

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Thinking more about last night's game, the thing that irritates me the most (and it's been a trend this year) is throwing these little 4 and 5 yard routes on 3rd and 10. I get that Siemian is trying to be safe with the ball and not make any mistakes, but sometimes when you are in the second half of a game and trailing, you just have to take a chance and trust your WR down the field to make a play.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Thinking more about last night's game, the thing that irritates me the most (and it's been a trend this year) is throwing these little 4 and 5 yard routes on 3rd and 10. I get that Siemian is trying to be safe with the ball and not make any mistakes, but sometimes when you are in the second half of a game and trailing, you just have to take a chance and trust your WR down the field to make a play.
    There was one late in the 3rd quarter that especially irked me and I had the same thought. There is literally zero strategic gain to get 6 yards on 3rd and long - especially when you're trailing by 2 scores on the road. Try to force one at that point or throw a 50/50 ball up for grabs.

16. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Most of the time last night he didn't have time to throw more than 5-6 yard passes.

#patchworkOLine
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Most of the time last night he didn't have time to throw more than 5-6 yard passes.

#patchworkOLine
    Granted he's young and this is more of a trait of veteran QBs, but he needs to get better at shifting in the pocket to buy himself that extra half second for guys to get open. I read on twitter today that he was only pressured on 13.2% of his dropbacks last night, so I think it's a bit overstated how little time he had to throw.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I really struggle with this "get lynch out there because he is the qbotf" attitude simply because of his draft position and the fact he is big, athletic and had a stong arm

Tebow had all of those things.

The other thing they both possess is a poor football iq, zero time in a professional offense, zero snaps under centre, a limited play book and a shit load of hype

Lunch has stupid facial hair also

Ride with Trevor.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I really struggle with this "get lynch out there because he is the qbotf" attitude simply because of his draft position and the fact he is big, athletic and had a stong arm

Tebow had all of those things.

The other thing they both possess is a poor football iq, zero time in a professional offense, zero snaps under centre, a limited play book and a shit load of hype

Lunch has stupid facial hair also

Ride with Trevor.
    I think most people were suggesting that if Trevor were still still hurt, which it's now being reported that he was, he shouldn't have played last night. He very obviously wasn't able to throw the ball down the field with any sort of accuracy at all. That's not to say he should lose his job altogether.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think most people were suggesting that if Trevor were still still hurt, which it's now being reported that he was, he shouldn't have played last night. He very obviously wasn't able to throw the ball down the field with any sort of accuracy at all. That's not to say he should lose his job altogether.
    Maybe they were, I maybe picked up wrong or have posted in the wrong thread

although I would still have rather went with Trevor than that pirate lookalike lay night. Injury or not

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information