Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 6. Will the real Denver Broncos please stand up?

Defense was solid after their giving up their now infamous early first quarter long TD drive.

Offensive line was really bad between false starts and holding penalties, and when they didn't get called on penalties, they were allowing pressure impacting the passing game.

They have 10 days to get some things figured out and turn things around, because they need to play better if they hope to win the division (which is appearing to be a more immediate concern that getting home field).

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post

Refs and the muffed punt miss call that stole a td recovery.
    That wouldn't have been a TD regardless - it was a muff, SD never had possession and that can't be advanced. If called correctly on the field, we would have gotten the ball exactly where we ended up getting it.

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

The good - I like the way Booker runs, with violence. He stood out among out brutal offense.

The middle - CJ Anderson's stats are terrible for this game, so I'd be tempted to put him in the bad category, but three of his best plays were called back by penalties, including that amazing TD that might have altered the course of the game. Also, the defense. For the last three quarters, they looked incredible. The first quarter and a half, they were piss poor. The offense had one stalled drive in between 17 minutes on the field. That isn't on the offense - they couldn't get off the field and once again fell behind early. Every single team has scored on either their first or second possession against us. Face it - we're just not as good as we were last year. But bouncing back from that and keeping us in it once again keeps them away from the bad column.

The bad - pretty much everything else. Siemian was awful - whether he's not 100% recovered or teams have just plain figured him out (I heard he went 1 for 9 on passes traveling 10 yards - not good enough by far), he wasn't getting it done. The fumbles. The missed FG. The bringing the ball out of the end zone and getting stopped before the 25 every single time.

The offensive line gets its own category. Absolutely awful tonight. Five guys off the street could do better than that. I assumed we'd be better with Stephenson back, but he was pretty bad out there. Okung, who generally has been good, cost us basically nine points on his own (the safety in the end zone and the holding penalty on CJ's TD).

Let's be brutally honest for a second - we're just not that great anymore. Terrible? No, but I think the magic is gone, as Wave pointed out. It will be a struggle to make the playoffs this year. The defense isn't at the all world level it was last year (though I didn't really expect it to be). And the offense is lost. Remember that for as bad as we were last year, our offense usually found a way to make a play or two to win the game (think the Ronnie Hillman run against the Vikings, the long TD to Sanders against the Browns, the tying TD drive at the Chiefs before Roby's fumble return, etc). Our 4-0 start pushed expectations way too high. The teams we've beaten (apparently) aren't that good. If you had said to me before the year that we'd be 4-2 with Siemian struggling and Lynch not ready, I probably would have taken it. But the way it's gone down has just led to sadness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The Good:

Special Teams for the most part
    The Defense in the second half

The Bad:
    The offensive line sucks. So much. Our lack of running game leads to a lack of offense overall. They also had their share of drive killing penalties including one that resulted in a safety.

Turnovers killed us once again.

This reminds me of the 2 game losing streak we had last season with Indianapolis and KC back to back (the famous eye poke and Manning benching games respectively) and the other 2 game skid we hit against the Raiders and the Steelers. This team is just not made to win with mistakes or missed opportunities.

The good news is we have 10 days to get right and get Kubiak back. If we lose to Houston then it might be time to be really concerned. Right now I'm mostly annoyed.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Soooo is Trevor really hurt or he just can't throw far anymore?

What has me most concerned is that the SD defense, like the ATL defense, were defenses that could be had. They are not good defensive teams and we couldn't get anything moving against either.

The offensive gameplan is just child-like bad. I know the o-line is really bad, but good coaching is supposed to mask deficiencies. The coaching and oline were as ugly as I have seen.

10. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

After I calmed down, I pulled up some statistics on our offense, for the first six games this year and the first six last year. These are raw statistics so they don't tell the whole story, but considering our offense was supposed to be better this year, it's not looking like a big improvement:

2015 1st six games - 325.8 Total YPG, 240.8 passing, 85.0 rushing, 23.2 ppg, 10 INT, 2 fumbles (1 lost), 12 sacks allowed
    2016 1st six games - 323.3 Total YPG, 224.8 passing, 98.5 rushing, 23.3 ppg, 4 INT, 7 fumbles (4 lost), 17 sacks allowed

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The Good:

Booker and CJ both ran hard and looked good when they got into the open field.
    That hit that Booker put on their safety when he lowered his shoulder reminded me of TD.

The defence played as well as they could have once they made their adjustments at halftime...which seems to be the norm.

The Bad:
    The O-Line... Not sure what is going on with them because they seemed to be playing alright the first 4 games...

I was going to mention the DT fumble but upon further viewing I don't think Christ himself could have held onto that ball during that collision.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 10-14-2016 at 09:00 AM.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

If trevor is a rookie and lynch is a rookie then you have to go with upside and start planning on when to start lynch. Let him grow by fire, after we fire a couple offensive linemen.

I said it last night and I will say it again...Dennison should be fired. He brings absolutely nothing to the table....besides maybe Elway's coffee.

16. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Definitely one of the worst play callers. But you have to wonder if our offensive line and Trevor bum shoulder limited alot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

One thing I've noticed people saying a lot is that if we don't make a few uncharacteristic mistakes, we likely win. On the flip side of that, the Chargers muffing 2 kicks led directly to 10 of our 13 points. So if not for the Chargers making those mistakes, we never even make the game close. IMO, we were lucky to lose by only 8, because it really wasn't even that close.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    If trevor is a rookie and lynch is a rookie then you have to go with upside and start planning on when to start lynch. Let him grow by fire, after we fire a couple offensive linemen.
    But trevor isn't a rookie.

Regardless, a healthy siemian so far has been better than a healthy lynch. The only consideration at this point should be health. Siemian clearly isn't healthy. So yeah, as long as that's true, Lynch should be in there.

If he's hurt then why is he playing? Why risk prolonging the banged up shoulder this early in the season? The shoulder surely didnt get better by playing a game and taking more hits, with the extra time do we start lynch and truly let Trevor get healthy?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I said it last night and I will say it again...Dennison should be fired. He brings absolutely nothing to the table....besides maybe Elway's coffee.
    Based on what? Give us a specific critique.

I get annoyed with people playing fan police - but man, it seems like ya'll done gone crazy up in here.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information