Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: It's Become Pretty Obvious

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    That Denver was fully prepared to lose this game in order to make sure they have a better shot at Thursday's game. I think they went in with the attitude that if they could steal a win then, great, but it is much more important to beat the Chargers and they protected Siemian knowing it could cost them.
    The Denver sports press said as much last... Thursday? It was posted here, and stuck in memory because I responded by saying the same thing as many people in this thread: NO loss is desirable, but better a non-conference game than a divisional one. It sucked dropping a home game to the Falcons, but putting Siemian, Stephenson and Green back out there too soon so they wound up on IR AND we lost ANYWAY, but also lost to SD game Thursday and many other games as well... that would've sucked a lot worse.

It's too bad we're now tied with NE* in the conference and Oakland in the division, it's just like when we benched Manning last year to get him healthy for the playoffs. No one knew then that we'd win OT games against the conferences other contenders even with Manning on the bench, but everyone knew that if Manning couldn't play in January we weren't riding Oz to a World Championship.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

2. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I don't remember Malik being all that great against the run, Big Al has said he wasn't.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don't remember Malik being all that great against the run, Big Al has said he wasn't.
    I remember him making plays (and not just beating Ware by a hair to fall on Cams first SB fumble, though that definitely inflated his salary.) But it's a 3-4, so his biggest value may've been plays Von and Ware made while Jackson tied up linemen. I doubt we'd miss him at all if Walker weren't on IR (e.g. I don't think Jackson made more plays than Wolfe, run OR pass, and we were pretty fierce "Opening Month" with Jackson and Walker at DE.) But he is, so we do.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

5. The Following User High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information