Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Play calling against Atlanta

Default Bottom line on playcalling

How much razzle-dazzle flying circus do you expect with a raw rookie QB in his first career start, behind a Swiss cheese line with run "support" that isn't? A D averaging a SINGLE SACK PER GAME got HALF A DOZEN Sunday. Our underpowered C, RG, and RT got NO push and repeatedly failed to pick up 3rd and 1; anyone think a one-armed Sambrailo and slow-footed Schofield do better with tosses and sweeps? Those are Kubiak staples: He'd run them if we COULD.

We should've called Red Slot Bring Schlereth and Jones out of Retirement and Make Them Twenty Years Younger.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It just doesn't explain composure. And this is the most concerning thing to me. The inaccuracy is bad, but the command of the offense and the composure is worse.
    Too much pressure for him to handle. Another data point, not even a chapter. A lot of learning happened.

Was Elway more composed as a rookie in his most blunderific game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It is. But it was a complete 180. It's just weird to me, honestly.
    True, and nobody was helping him out. It seemed to me that he had the whole weight of the team on his shoulders and it felt to me like he was pressing. That is not a good scenario for any quarterback, especially a rookie.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information