Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Good and the Bad: Week 5

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Default The Good and the Bad: Week 5

Good:

Sanders - Dude was catching everything today. Definitely the one bright spot on offense today.

Von - He was wreaking havoc on Atlanta today. He has balled week in and week out this year.

Ray - Another solid game from him with another sack today.

Ward - Kept us in the game with that huge strip. Just too little too late.

That's about all I got. Not much good today.

Bad:

O-line - Good god were they bad today. Yes they are banged up, but that was just not an acceptable performance against a poor defense in Atlanta.

Run D - Got gashed by them all day. It's been a problem all year, but it really reared it's head today. Not our best tackling day either.

Pass D on RBs - Just left their backs open all day and it cost us. We have to clean that up.

Lynch - He looked completely lost out there today. Siemian is definitely safe in keeping his job for a while.

Latimer - That ass hole needs to stop taking kicks out from 5 yards deep. Get that idiot off the team if that's all he can contribute.

Overall, just a bad loss all around. Hopefully we just flush this one and get ready for San Diego this week.

2. The Following 11 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

CJ has looked really slow and lackadaisical the last couple of games. He deserves to be on the bad list, I think.

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    CJ has looked really slow and lackadaisical the last couple of games. He deserves to be on the bad list, I think.
    He was so forgettable today I forgot to even put him on the list. I agree though. Booker definitely showed more burst today than CJ did.

Talib and Harris did good I thought, given the circumstances.

I have no doubt that this was a winnable game with Siemian. At least this will quiet down any QB controversy if there even was one. Lynch just isn't ready and that's ok. If there was a loss to give the this was it.

Like I said in other threads, Trevors strength is his accuracy, composure and his knowledge of the playbook. He just looks way more comfortable and he can spin it as good as I've seen. I really hope he plays Thursday.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Talib and Harris did good I thought, given the circumstances.

I have no doubt that this was a winnable game with Siemian. At least this will quiet down any QB controversy if there even was one. Lynch just isn't ready and that's ok. If there was a loss to give the this was it.

Like I said in other threads, Trevors strength is his accuracy, composure and his knowledge of the playbook. He just looks way more comfortable and he can spin it as good as I've seen. I really hope he plays Thursday.
    I don't know his numbers (so I could be wrong), but I also think we are pretty good on 3rd downs with Trevor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

After thinking more about it, I'm not as mad at Latimer. In a game like today where we were down 2 scores almost all day, you need high variance plays to get you back in it. Returning a kick is a high variance play. Our offense wasn't doing shit, so we had to try to create offense where we could. It didn't work out, but I don't blame the coaches for having him try.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    There was, it just wasn't a controversy based in fact, but instead Madden mentality.

I don't know his numbers (so I could be wrong), but I also think we are pretty good on 3rd downs with Trevor.
    I haven't been able to find that number, but I know after the first two games, I think it was, he was very near the league lead. Also, after three games, I think he was in the top five or so in first down %, which is the percent of passes that result in a first down.

This. Booker has outplayed him for at least the last 2 weeks. At this point I think Booker should be starting over him.

14. The Following User High Fived gregbroncs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This. Booker has outplayed him for at least the last 2 weeks. At this point I think Booker should be starting over him.
    You can definitely tell Booker has more talent. Only a matter of time before he starts. For now though, CJ probably has a better grasp of blocking and things like that that keep him as starter.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    In this league, it's getting more and more rare for their to be a bell cow back, so who's starting matters less than having a run game that produces, with multiple backs.

The problem today was that the offense was so pitiful that they only had 17 carries between them.

18. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You can definitely tell Booker has more talent. Only a matter of time before he starts. For now though, CJ probably has a better grasp of blocking and things like that that keep him as starter.
    Maybe, I'll not pretend to be an expert at that. But it sure seems like Booker at least has the vision to run away from obvious tacklers. CJ appears to just run into them or freeze when they get close and get tackled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

After thinking more about it, I'm not as mad at Latimer. In a game like today where we were down 2 scores almost all day, you need high variance plays to get you back in it. Returning a kick is a high variance play. Our offense wasn't doing shit, so we had to try to create offense where we could. It didn't work out, but I don't blame the coaches for having him try.
    My thoughts as well and the only thing I disagreed with in your OP. He didn't run the returns as well as we'd like, but I think he almost had to go for it.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    My thoughts as well and the only thing I disagreed with in your OP. He didn't run the returns as well as we'd like, but I think he almost had to go for it.
    When we are down and nothing to lose, go for it. Early in the game...be conservative and take the ball at the 25.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

You're giving him too much credit, he does it every week.

24. The Following User High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information