Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Falcons 10/09/16

I wonder if Webster's size/speed combination would have helped this week.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    If the Broncos play the Falcons again ... it will be in the Super Bowl. I'd sign for that right now!
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I wonder if Webster's size/speed combination would have helped this week.
    Been wondering the same, especially since Tneds observation that Nelson was the one Atlantas RBs were feasting on in the passing game. He's our #3 ILB, right? Maybe Atlanta just exploited the opportunity when Nelson rotated in to rest Marshall and Davis; not sure since I was watching a stream and had to leave at halftime. But if not—if our #3 ILB is our dimeback, that pretty much says we're missing our #4 DB badly.

On the other hand, it also makes me wonder where Keo and Simmons (i.e. actual DBs) were while RBs were torching our #3 ILBs pass coverage. I came into this season expecting RBs to run OVER Davis and Nelson, not BY them. If they can do BOTH... we miss you, Danny T.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Been wondering the same, especially since Tneds observation that Nelson was the one Atlantas RBs were feasting on in the passing game. He's our #3 ILB, right? Maybe Atlanta just exploited the opportunity when Nelson rotated in to rest Marshall and Davis; not sure since I was watching a stream and had to leave at halftime. But if not—if our #3 ILB is our dimeback, that pretty much says we're missing our #4 DB badly.

On the other hand, it also makes me wonder where Keo and Simmons (i.e. actual DBs) were while RBs were torching our #3 ILBs pass coverage. I came into this season expecting RBs to run OVER Davis and Nelson, not BY them. If they can do BOTH... we miss you, Danny T.
    Well, I might have been wrong about that. I did a quick scan through the plays on Gamepass and I'm not seeing the Corey Nelson play I remembered. Maybe it was a TE or just not one of the big plays.

The big plays (unless I missed one) were given up by Davis and Marshall. One was a well designed play that had one of our guys basically picking the other. Another one Marshall fell when Freeman changed directions and then on two long catches by Coleman, he ran right past Marshall and Davis with neither one of them getting a hand on him coming off the LOS.

First 48 yard pass to Coleman, designed pick play had two of our defenders (Davis and Stewart) taking each other out.

14 yard pass to Freeman, Marshall fell (or slight push off) on double move.

31 yard TD by Coleman, Coleman ran right by Marshall who didn't even bump him. Safety was cheating towards WR (they had Coleman and two WRs on left side) until it was too late to help Marshall.

49 yards to Coleman, Coleman ran right by Davis who didn't even bump him. Same thing he did to Marshall earlier, but on other side of the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Well, I might have been wrong about that. I did a quick scan through the plays on Gamepass and I'm not seeing the Corey Nelson play I remembered. Maybe it was a TE or just not one of the big plays.

The big plays (unless I missed one) were given up by Davis and Marshall. One was a well designed play that had one of our guys basically picking the other. Another one Marshall fell when Freeman changed directions and then on two long catches by Coleman, he ran right past Marshall and Davis with neither one of them getting a hand on him coming off the LOS.

First 48 yard pass to Coleman, designed pick play had two of our defenders (Davis and Stewart) taking each other out.

14 yard pass to Freeman, Marshall fell (or slight push off) on double move.

31 yard TD by Coleman, Coleman ran right by Marshall who didn't even bump him. Safety was cheating towards WR (they had Coleman and two WRs on left side) until it was too late to help Marshall.

49 yards to Coleman, Coleman ran right by Davis who didn't even bump him. Same thing he did to Marshall earlier, but on other side of the field.
    This may change to nickle package in future with extra safety instead of davis for these type of rbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    This may change to nickle package in future with extra safety instead of davis for these type of rbs.
    This should definitely happen, can't keep letting linebackers get smoked in coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post

They should try Dekoda Watson in pass coverage. It seems that they are using him exclusively as a 3-4 rush linebacker, but I think he has more athleticism than Davis.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information