Poll: To Curve or Not to Curve

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 4K TV - To Curve or Not To Curve

don't get the curve...

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Don't waste your money on a curve. Get a Sony 4k and don't look back.
    you know that Sony buys it's panels from Samsung (Sharp for Bravia's) now, right? BTW, Samsung buys alot of theirs from 4 different places and can be really good or really bad... if you don't know which serial numbers to look at it can be a crap shoot.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    you know that Sony buys it's panels from Samsung (Sharp for Bravia's) now, right? BTW, Samsung buys alot of theirs from 4 different places and can be really good or really bad... if you don't know which serial numbers to look at it can be a crap shoot.
    Who would you recommend?

Who would you recommend?
    there are good and bad from all brands, If looking at a new TV just browse the digital forums and find out what panels are great at that particular time. The problem is, there are only so many panel manufacturers and they sell to everyone, they all get good and bad panels. I'm a Samsung fan but I will admit that if you are ordering one sight unseen, its a lottery as to what it will look like when you get it. It's best to find out the serial number first before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    there are good and bad from all brands, If looking at a new TV just browse the digital forums and find out what panels are great at that particular time. The problem is, there are only so many panel manufacturers and they sell to everyone, they all get good and bad panels. I'm a Samsung fan but I will admit that if you are ordering one sight unseen, its a lottery as to what it will look like when you get it. It's best to find out the serial number first before buying.
    I've always viewed Samsung and Sony as similar/same. They're always my top 2 choices. I've owned 2 Bravias....I've just not found a comparable deal on a Samsung yet

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    So what'd you do Joe?
    I kept the curve. So far, so good. Not sure it's any better than a regular flat panel, but since they were the same price, I figured "what the heck" and saved the hassle of refusing delivery and arranging a new one. The wife likes how it looks better, as it's in a corner in our family room. The picture is certainly better than our previous TV, which was a 60" RCA.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I've always viewed Samsung and Sony as similar/same. They're always my top 2 choices. I've owned 2 Bravias....I've just not found a comparable deal on a Samsung yet
    I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on TV's because I know very little, that's why I like to visit the digital forums before I purchase. The Bravias are now Sharp Aquos panels, they teamed up a few years ago.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161009_124316184.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	9558

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    So, wife and I bought a new mattress last night, and also decided to get new MBR furniture as well. That qualified us for a 65" TV at a heavily discounted price. I decided to go with the flat Samsung, but they accidentally put the curved one on the truck. It'll be somewhat of a pain in the ass to switch at this point, so looking for opinions here. God forgive me...

Give a brother an opinion please? I have to decide within the next couple hours.
    I have the Samsung 55" curved. Absolutely love it! Football is incredible on it.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Curves are gimmicks. I have one in my office, because I got a really good deal on it, and it isn't "awful" because it's only me staring at the center of the screen, so in theory, the curve is a good thing.

If you have it in a living room, with more than one seat centered in the screen, then all the curve will do is make your picture worse. Really worse if you have any chairs or anything to the side. However, even with a couch, it's wider than the TV, so think about it. Each person sitting on each end of the couch will have a wierd angle on the side closest to them, making the TV look like you were watching it from a severe angle.

They are a gimmick that look worse on the wall and ruin the picture unless you have a single lazy boy parked so one person looks straight at the screen.

If you decided to accept it, then ignore everything I posted above.
    I don't agree with that. Mine is in the living room, I've had people over for games and everyone raves about it from all seats in the living room. Haven't noticed any downfalls to the picture or viewing from any seat. I watch from the kitchen while making dinner and that is a serious angle.

14. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Curved TVs have the highest completion % of all TVs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161009_124316184.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	9558
    Why are you watching Miami?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    because they're futility is awesome to watch. It's too bad they won a game because it would have been fun to watch them go for a 0-16 record.

Oh, you guys were talking about curved TVs? Yea, those are great. I thought we were talking about curved insect screens on sliding glass doors.

Strike everything I said.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It's RedZone, you idiot.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information