Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: woodworking

Default woodworking

I'm gonna set up shop. I've got no experience. I've been watching utubes on it. My first project will be a workbench. I've got some tools but will need a grinding wheel and probably a table saw. Actually definitely. There's a craftsman in me that needs to be unleashed. Any thoughts or experiences and suggestions can be shared here

I love it. Keep us updated. I've regretted not taking Wood shop in school.

3. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Do you do any aw4m? Any suggestions on grinder wheels and some other rudimentary items?

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    Do you do any aw4m? Any suggestions on grinder wheels and some other rudimentary items?
    Nah man, I'm in the sales side of it, but as the years go by I wish I knew how to do some of the trades myself, specifically woodwork and tile.

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I bought a palm sander from Harbor Freight almost two years ago along w/ extended warranty. It broke this summer so I called the warranty company and they said the warranty expired the day before and I was out of luck. So I bought the exact same model from them and put the old sander in the new box and returned it and got my money back.

That's how you do woodworking Gappy.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I bought a palm sander from Harbor Freight almost two years ago along w/ extended warranty. It broke this summer so I called the warranty company and they said the warranty expired the day before and I was out of luck. So I bought the exact same model from them and put the old sander in the new box and returned it and got my money back.

That's how you do woodworking Gappy.
    One of the great injustices in this world is that we were deprived of this greatness for many months. This is how you live life, folks.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    One of the great injustices in this world is that we were deprived of this greatness for many months. This is how you live life, folks.
    I bet Tom Brady really knows how to work some wood.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Karl Mecklenburg, Tom Jackson, and Rulon Jones

AGAP, Woodworking is about straight and square accurate cuts. The right equipment will let you do that easier. You need a jointer, table saw, planer, drill press, sanding disk, belt sander, wood lathe, and band saw for starters. Look into ShopSmith machines. You can get them used pretty cheap will all of the above machines, they are very accurate, well built and American made. They are either built in functions or functions available as add on Special Purpose Tools). Craigslist is a good source.

Very fulfilling hobby/trade. Bust your ass on the learning curve and you can be making first class projects in a year.

JMHO
    I have been a fan since 1960....
    Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
    Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin
    bronconut/AGap "im just...being an ass rjent."

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived rjent For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Nut, go buy a 2x4 and shove it up your ass.

/thread

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I can see it now... nut complaining about cutting his hand off in the 'Things that Suck" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived weazel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    I can see it now... nut complaining about cutting his hand off in the 'Things that Suck" thread.
    lol, thanks for the input folks, much appreciated.

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Nah man, I'm in the sales side of it, but as the years go by I wish I knew how to do some of the trades myself, specifically woodwork and tile.
    so you do know a lot about it, you just don't have developed skillset. I may seek your counsel in the future if that would be alright.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by AGap View Post
    lol, thanks for the input folks, much appreciated.
    We were all in here playing grab ass and then rjent came in here like an adult with pertinent information and now I just feel stupid.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rjent View Post
    AGAP, Woodworking is about straight and square accurate cuts. The right equipment will let you do that easier. You need a jointer, table saw, planer, drill press, sanding disk, belt sander, wood lathe, and band saw for starters. Look into ShopSmith machines. You can get them used pretty cheap will all of the above machines, they are very accurate, well built and American made. They are either built in functions or functions available as add on Special Purpose Tools). Craigslist is a good source.

Very fulfilling hobby/trade. Bust your ass on the learning curve and you can be making first class projects in a year.

JMHO
    This is really valuable insight. I got home and am rereading this. Like what does all this mean anyway? I guess I'll find out. There's a show in Baltimore early next year

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    We were all in here playing grab ass and then rjent came in here like an adult with pertinent information and now I just feel stupid.
    Its all good m8

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information