Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: If both healthy, which QB starts week 5 and why?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I like both QBs, it's who is better between the ears. So I haven't a clue, I hope the coaches do.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You said that you believed the team would have the same record with Lynch, among other things.
    Right, because I believe that to be true. The other things I said were the same things I'm saying in this thread. You make it sound like I was running Trevor Siemian down which simply isn't true. Trevor's played well and I've acknowledged that.

4. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Slick I totally agree with you but I still think Siemian starts next week. This to me is still a good problem to have as we have to completely capable QB's. Lynch's obvious athletic abilities really stood out today, Siemian can make all those throws too but not with that velocity and as impressive as Siemian looked on the move Lynch looks better. We have right now a howitzer starting and a developing rail gun behind him, it is only a matter of time before the switch happens.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBuckeye73 For This Post:

I'm thinking they still stick with Trevor. He has played really good. But...Lynch has way more upside and if he's ready now then why not right?

I feel bad for Trevor because that leash just got shorter. If he wants to be starter he will have to play mistake free. Atlanta is going to be our toughest test until the BYE imo so I think Trevor better play smart.

But Lynch is definitely our future.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    So do you think he just prefers clean shaven men?
    Trevor laughs at his lame jokes.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

I think it will be Siemian, because he looks to give the team the best chance to win NOW and they are a Super Bowl contending team.

When you look at Siemian from the perspective of his first three NFL starts and first 100 pass attempts, he's played just short of amazing. He's clearly more comfortable in the pocket and makes more accurate throws. We have more receivers thrown into hard hits in the one half with Lynch than happened with the three and a half games with Siemian.

On the other hand, while he would almost certainly be a blow to the Broncos chance to win now, Lynch showed the great athleticism that we are all excited about. When he has more experience under his belt, he has the potential to be a very good QB. The strength, mobility and cannon arm, "could" be an amazing combo for the Broncos for a long time, but we've all seen lots of athletic QBs come and go that couldn't be quality NFL starters, forget top tier ones. My hope is that Lynch can be a top tier QB in time.

Right now, I think Siemian is the obvious choice to start, since the Broncos aren't going to anxious to simply put Lynch in to get past his growing pains, when the team is sitting 4-0.

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Where do you come up with this trash?
    Um, are you really disagreeing that Lynch has better physical tools than Siemian? You can debate who gives us the better chance to win right now, but there is zero debate as to who has better physical tools. Come on man.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Do you think Lynch gives team the best chance to win now, or is it more about willing to sacrifice a little now, to get the long term option ready?
    Siemian probably gives us a slightly better chance to win if the o-line is playing well, but if they are playing like shit like today, Lynch gives us a better chance because he can escape the pressure.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBuckeye73 View Post
    Slick I totally agree with you but I still think Siemian starts next week. This to me is still a good problem to have as we have to completely capable QB's. Lynch's obvious athletic abilities really stood out today, Siemian can make all those throws too but not with that velocity and as impressive as Siemian looked on the move Lynch looks better. We have right now a howitzer starting and a developing rail gun behind him, it is only a matter of time before the switch happens.
    I'm fine with that. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks Lynch's physical tools are obvious.

Both looked impressive. One has done it for 3 1/2 games more. So IMO Trevor gets the nod and we have a little piece of mind at #2
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm fine with that. Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks Lynch's physical tools are obvious.
    I'm utterly shocked that anyone at all is debating that their physical tools are even close. Lynch clearly has the better arm and is much better at evading pressure. It's not even a question.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Tweet from Mase:

"With Lynch at the controls, the Broncos averaged 2.5 first downs, 40.8 yards and 2.17 points per possession -- all well above NFL averages."

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Until Siemian is completely ineffective, gives up a bunch of turnovers, or costs us games, I don't see us making a switch to Lynch. Lynch's potential is obvious, but I think Siemian is the guy for now. I think Lynch even outplayed TS today, but I don't think he's done anything necessitate a switch.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm utterly shocked that anyone at all is debating that their physical tools are even close. Lynch clearly has the better arm and is much better at evading pressure. It's not even a question.
    Well when you say things like that it means you are running Siemian down and feelers get hurt.

24. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

After everything Siemian has done for you? Smh
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information