Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wait - is this something you're not irritated with?

#recordthisinhistory'sannals
    What an irritating ******* post this is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What an irritating ******* post this is.
    Honestly, I can't believe you still read my posts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

That'd be my critique of all of his episodes this season... He makes too many leaps when drawing conclusions. Nevertheless I find them thought provoking.
    I don't think so on the memory episodes, but of course he fit those into 2 episodes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I don't think so on the memory episodes, but of course he fit those into 2 episodes.
    I found the part fascinating about how your memory "files" can essentially be "rewritten" every time you access them - and that it's a common occurrence for memories to change over time unknowingly. And the part about the level of certainty that people felt around those memories was fascinating...

But the leap for me was that it totally absolved Brian Williams. I am not sure I buy that one can innocently mistake being in an aircraft that was shot down vs one that wasn't?

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I found the part fascinating about how your memory "files" can essentially be "rewritten" every time you access them - and that it's a common occurrence for memories to change over time unknowingly. And the part about the level of certainty that people felt around those memories was fascinating...

But the leap for me was that it totally absolved Brian Williams. I am not sure I buy that one can innocently mistake being in an aircraft that was shot down vs one that wasn't?
    I guess you have to at least entertain the possibility.

It did reinforce for me how important it is to question accusations that are made long after an event supposedly happened.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I guess you have to at least entertain the possibility.

It did reinforce for me how important it is to question accusations that are made long after an event supposedly happened.
    Eyewitness testimony is potent and highly... suspect. Get it? Please get the stupid pun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

New Hardcore History is out. World War II. I’m sure it’s good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

We listened to a couple (three?) seasons during our drive. Pretty good, but the narrator can get a little annoying with some of his commentary.

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/sks

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The RFK Files, about Bobby Kennedy and Sirhan Sirhan. Interesting stuff from the guys who did Crimetown.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It is.
    I like a good long podcast, but 4.5 hours is a lot and it didn't suck me in during the first 10 minutes. Sell me on this - I want to like it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like a good long podcast, but 4.5 hours is a lot and it didn't suck me in during the first 10 minutes. Sell me on this - I want to like it.
    I like the way he thinks and how he presents history. It is a tall ask with the time, but it’s one episode every six months or so. It’s more like an audio book.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

It’s extremely solid
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Like it or I will send mo to live with you for a month.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Like it or I will send mo to live with you for a month.
    I cannot wait to shit in his bathroom.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information