Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I haven't picked up on any real crime pods lately. Which one is better? I'll start there.
    Well I think they're both made by the same team... I started with A Killing on the Cape, but then when I heard them promoting the other pod that was already further along in the season (I think they are both 7 part series?) I went to the other one and just finished the latest episode... But neither of them are through the full season, which is annoying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

So I don't know, to answer your question.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Well I think they're both made by the same team... I started with A Killing on the Cape, but then when I heard them promoting the other pod that was already further along in the season (I think they are both 7 part series?) I went to the other one and just finished the latest episode... But neither of them are through the full season, which is annoying.
    I don't mind the once a week, myself.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't mind the once a week, myself.
    Well once a week is fine if it's unrelated content - like the Lowe podcast... It's the "seasons" or "series" that leave you hanging week to week. Plus you kind of lose the momentum from episode to episode. I appreciate the Netflix method of giving us the whole season to binge.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A Murder on Orchard Street doesn't have a conclusion. She's asking for leads in the first podcast. That aspect doesn't make it bad, just unsatisfying. Just started episode two.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Listened to a couple of radiolab on the way home from the mountain this afternoon. I enjoy that show.

One was about supercooling, the other was about stereotypes but it morphed into a discussion of the corruption of scientific orthodoxy (at least in the social sciences).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've added the Bob Lefsetz Podcast to my weekly rotation. Lefsetz is a music manager, music business guy who is a little neurotic, but has super connections. He's long had a newsletter that is basically his thoughts and rambling about music, politics, culture, etc., that he emails about once or twice a day. In November (if memory serves), he started a podcast teamed with Tunein. The studio is near Venice Beach, I think. But in the nine episodes he's pulled in some heavy hitters, Tony Hawk, John Boyle (Inomniac), Nathan Hubbard (Ticketmaster), songwriter Diane Warren ("I Don't Want To Miss A Thing," "Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now," "How Do I Live," "Because You Loved Me"), Peter Asher (former manager for the Beatles, James Taylor, Linda Rodstadt).

Latest is Jason Flom, CEO of Lava Records. It's good, a little long.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Seth Wickersham is on the Longform podcast this week talking about his ESPN Magazine article on the Patriots. Must-listen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Started listening to Russillo's new podcast this week. I've really enjoyed it so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Started listening to Russillo's new podcast this week. I've really enjoyed it so far.
    I love him, but he needs to reign it in a bit. It seems like he does a bunch of blow before the podcast and then just talks at 1000 miles per minute with no real structure... Which can be fine, and I still like listening to him, but it feels like he could benefit from a little more structure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I love him, but he needs to reign it in a bit. It seems like he does a bunch of blow before the podcast and then just talks at 1000 miles per minute with no real structure... Which can be fine, and I still like listening to him, but it feels like he could benefit from a little more structure.
    Yeah, I kinda zone out a bit when it's just him, but his stuff with SVP and Barkley (only two I've listened to do far) have been excellent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Anyone listened to Guys We F@@cked?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Did you start a podcast?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Saw it and was mildly intrigued but ultimately figured it would only drive my self esteem lower. Is it good?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Seth Wickersham is on the Longform podcast this week talking about his ESPN Magazine article on the Patriots. Must-listen.
    One more plug for this since I just finished it... This Patriot dynasty is coming apart and I am energized!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information