Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Default Podcasts

I consume podcasts relentlessly - and am always looking for new good ones. Therefore we need a thread to trade recommendations.

Here are some of my favorites:

The Tim Ferris Show - Hands down the best podcast going. He interviews world-class performers and extracts all of their tips and secrets and habits, etc. It's life-changing.

Some good true crime podcasts - Sword and Scale (super graphic and disturbing, but well produced); In the Dark; Generation Why; Casefile True Crime; Thinking Sideways, Real Crime Profile

Political podcasts - Keepin it 1600, Fivethirtyeight Elections, Slate's Political Gabfest, Politico's Off Message, Radio Free GOP with Mike Murphy, The Axe Files with David Axelrod

General Content - Longform, Recode, then lots of fantasy sports pods

What are you guys listening to?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

David Axelrod? Are you kidding me?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You turned us on to Serial - and we loved that podcast. I'm never in the car long enough to get into podcasts, but we're taking a long roadtrip this winter, so we need a couple good ones.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    David Axelrod? Are you kidding me?
    He's kind of boring most of the time - but I love Axe. He had an awesome podcast with Jon Stewart earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    You turned us on to Serial - and we loved that podcast. I'm never in the car long enough to get into podcasts, but we're taking a long roadtrip this winter, so we need a couple good ones.
    You should check out the "In the Dark" podcast about the disappearance of Jacob Wetterling. It's about halfway through the season at this point.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Pardon My Take is by far my favorite. They are a satire sports podcast from Barstool Sports. The famous Twitter account PFTcommenter is one of the hosts. It's one of the most hilarious things out there.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Subscribe. Will be back.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I listen to the best pod casts. Everyone says so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I listen to the best pod casts. Everyone says so.
    Believe me.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In The Dark is fantastic. I had a very pereferral knowledge of the Wetterling case. It's a very sad, but fascinating story. The investigation was botched badly.

ESPN's Pin/Kings was excellent. Just a crazy story of two wrestling buddies who ended up on opposite sides of the cocaine war in the 80s and 90s. I think it's 17 episodes.

All Songs Considered, Tiny Desk Concerts and Rolling Stone now are the music podcasts I listen to.

The Dollop. A comedy podcast with some history.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.

I subscribe to all of The Ringer podcasts, but The Watch, NFL and Shackhouse are my 3 favorite. I do listen to Simmons stuff, too.

Favorite strictly sports:
    Baseball: Effectively Wild.
    Basketball: Vertical Podcast with Woj, Lowe Post.
    College Football: Solid Verbal.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Totally forgot Rock and Roll Archaeology Project. Some good stuff there.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Kevin Smith has some good podcasts, but my favorite is Fatman on Batman which is basically him doing movie reviews so probably not a good one for Buff. Man that guy can tell a story though. Other good stuff from him and the Smodcast network is Tell 'Em Steve Dave and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old which can get surprisingly deep sometimes.

For more traditional stuff:

History/Culture:

Revisionist History with Malcolm Gladwell - Neat reinterpretations of past events that give unique perspectives on a range of subjects from Wilt Chamberlain to a 98 year old pastor discussing his personal views on gay marriage in the Church.

Hardcore History with Dan Carlin - Good discussions on topics like was Alexander the Great as bad as Hitler? Carlin is not an academic but he does a great job of flipping the script on history in a fun and entertaining way. Great road trip podcast.

General:

Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! - The classic NPR quiz show that makes you feel really good or really bad about how well you know current events.

Science Vs - Takes a hard scientific look at fact vs fiction on topics like Zika, G-Spots, and Fracking. Really informational without all the messy opinions. Fact based fun for everyone!

Comedy:

Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr - Really funny takes on the pressing issues of the day.

WTF with Marc Maron - Smart comedy from a smart comedian. Pretty left leaning though (shocking, I know!)

Entertainment:

SMODCAST channels (see above). Otherwise when Game of Thrones comes back on I only ever really listen to The Game of Thrones Podcast from BaldMove.com. Two friends named Jim and Ron (one a book reader, one who only watches the show) break down the episodes each week from each others perspectives. A smaller podcast but they have a cult following for a reason. Really fun way to dig into the show during the season.

Those are my big ones. I find others all the time but forget what they are called. I only recently started getting into Podcasts and I'm pissed I waited so long. They really help pass the day at work or on long trips.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    In The Dark is fantastic. I had a very pereferral knowledge of the Wetterling case. It's a very sad, but fascinating story. The investigation was botched badly.

ESPN's Pin/Kings was excellent. Just a crazy story of two wrestling buddies who ended up on opposite sides of the cocaine war in the 80s and 90s. I think it's 17 episodes.

All Songs Considered, Tiny Desk Concerts and Rolling Stone now are the music podcasts I listen to.

The Dollop. A comedy podcast with some history.

Dan Carlin's Hardcore History.

I subscribe to all of The Ringer podcasts, but The Watch, NFL and Shackhouse are my 3 favorite. I do listen to Simmons stuff, too.

Favorite strictly sports:
    Baseball: Effectively Wild.
    Basketball: Vertical Podcast with Woj, Lowe Post.
    College Football: Solid Verbal.
    Nice! Just saw you had that too. Love that show.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Nice! Just saw you had that too. Love that show.
    I know it was like 14 hours, but the King of Kings series was amazing.

22. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

So I am about to show my age here (90 year old man in a 30 years old body)........

What exactly is a podcast?
    (Laugh it up ********) (then please answer so I can be cool and hip too)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information