Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Reminds me of Season 2 of Serial - just a long meandering incomplete story that led nowhere with lots of filler interviews along the way. Same with most true crime podcasts.
    I like to wait until series are over before I begin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I like to wait until series are over before I begin.
    Same, but my voracious podcast consumption often doesn't allow for that anymore. Someone really ought to take the Netflix approach and dump a whole season out there. The weekly release cadence is so 1990s.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think I've mentioned Crimetown, but in case I haven't, Buff, this is one you should like.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Whoa Zach Lowe on Bill Simmons pod today. I've been waiting for this since Grantland folded. There is no way this pod can live up to my expectations.

7. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Simmons sucks.

9. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Simmons sucks.
    Yeah, he mostly does, but I would listen to Zach Lowe talk about anything. And Simmons kind of left him hanging at GL and I always got the impression Lowe might be a tiny bit bitter towards BS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I listened to it yesterday. I'm still not sure what to think of it all. It was interesting. I will say that.

I have a hard time saying that that podcast, which seemed to actually have a sense of humanity and general curiosity, is the general line for celebrity space invasion. In the end, he even backed off. If we want to have discussion about celebrity space invasion that conversation needs to be centered around tabloid paparazzi and TMZ-style reporting rather than someone generally wondering what happened to someone, even if a couple incidents could be seen as crossing a line.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I listened to it yesterday. I'm still not sure what to think of it all. It was interesting. I will say that.

I have a hard time saying that that podcast, which seemed to actually have a sense of humanity and general curiosity, is the general line for celebrity space invasion. In the end, he even backed off. If we want to have discussion about celebrity space invasion that conversation needs to be centered around tabloid paparazzi and TMZ-style reporting rather than someone generally wondering what happened to someone, even if a couple incidents could be seen as crossing a line.
    Yeah I'm kind of torn too. I think his intentions were mostly genuine. I am curious what he cut out of episode 6 - it seems he had a bit of a mea culpa. I agree with Vox's criticism that I might have liked to see him be a little more introspective about whether this was the right thing to do... I also sensed that he was genuinely a little downtrodden about how it all turned out.

It was a memorable and entertaining podcast so I don't even regret the fact that it led nowhere.

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Celebrity space invasion?

uh, LOL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Joe - Serial has a new pod out called S-Town.... Just dropped today - and they actually started with 7 episodes so you can binge!

17. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Joe - Serial has a new pod out called S-Town.... Just dropped today - and they actually started with 7 episodes so you can binge!
    I just read be description. It reads like the story is fiction.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I just read be description. It reads like the story is fiction.
    I didn't even read up on it. Just dove in with no expectations. Halfway through episode 1 I am intrigued.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

We actually listened to the first four episodes on the way back from Santa Fe yesterday. Good stuff.

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    We actually listened to the first four episodes on the way back from Santa Fe yesterday. Good stuff.
    I'm through episode 5. Not really sure what to think or where this is headed, but I'm enjoying it.

23. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information