Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Right. I understand how you target something for an audience. That's literally what I do.

I understand you're probably not telling me what your audience is, but it should be pretty defined.

You should know. I've offered my assistance to you a few times. Even put you in the running on fb, I think? 'Twas supposed to hit all my fb friends but somehow only like 60 got it......the whole computer technology thing. I feel like a real life demolition man sometimes. 3 little sea shells.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You should know. I've offered my assistance to you a few times. Even put you in the running on fb, I think? 'Twas supposed to hit all my fb friends but somehow only like 60 got it......the whole computer technology thing. I feel like a real life demolition man sometimes. 3 little sea shells.
    Right, but that's what I'm saying. I have to seek podcasts out and you're selling me a product. Why would I willingly seek out an advertisement?

Now, there's probably an interest in travel podcasts, is that your thought? But, again, just like other podcasts, you're probably going to have to convince people you just don't want to sell them shit.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Number of podcasts listened to, ever: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Number of podcasts listened to, ever: 0
    Get you some music, podcasts, Timmy. Feel the hippy vibe. Might help with the Uber.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Get you some music, podcasts, Timmy. Feel the hippy vibe. Might help with the Uber.
    I have plenty of music......and the way the jacked up streets and traffic are in this town, no distactions: good
    I’m the hobbit.

7. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have plenty of music......and the way the jacked up streets and traffic are in this town, no distactions: good
    You got the elevator music on lock?

You got the elevator music on lock?
    Just my 6 radio presets.

#technology
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Just my 6 radio presets.

#technology
    #innovation

I actually have a cd player for the 1st time in 3 years.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I like the Spy Museum Pod Cast on Espionage and TED talks on NPR
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

14. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that many of you don't do any work at all.
    Actually I think the appeal of podcasts for me is that you can work them into a busy schedule. I like to listen to them on my commute to/from work, or if I get out to take a walk in the middle of the day, or when I'm doing the dishes at night, etc.

16. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Kevin Smith has some good podcasts, but my favorite is Fatman on Batman which is basically him doing movie reviews so probably not a good one for Buff. Man that guy can tell a story though. Other good stuff from him and the Smodcast network is Tell 'Em Steve Dave and Jay and Silent Bob Get Old which can get surprisingly deep sometimes.

For more traditional stuff:

History/Culture:

Revisionist History with Malcolm Gladwell - Neat reinterpretations of past events that give unique perspectives on a range of subjects from Wilt Chamberlain to a 98 year old pastor discussing his personal views on gay marriage in the Church.

Hardcore History with Dan Carlin - Good discussions on topics like was Alexander the Great as bad as Hitler? Carlin is not an academic but he does a great job of flipping the script on history in a fun and entertaining way. Great road trip podcast.

General:

Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! - The classic NPR quiz show that makes you feel really good or really bad about how well you know current events.

Science Vs - Takes a hard scientific look at fact vs fiction on topics like Zika, G-Spots, and Fracking. Really informational without all the messy opinions. Fact based fun for everyone!

Comedy:

Monday Morning Podcast with Bill Burr - Really funny takes on the pressing issues of the day.

WTF with Marc Maron - Smart comedy from a smart comedian. Pretty left leaning though (shocking, I know!)

Entertainment:

SMODCAST channels (see above). Otherwise when Game of Thrones comes back on I only ever really listen to The Game of Thrones Podcast from BaldMove.com. Two friends named Jim and Ron (one a book reader, one who only watches the show) break down the episodes each week from each others perspectives. A smaller podcast but they have a cult following for a reason. Really fun way to dig into the show during the season.

Those are my big ones. I find others all the time but forget what they are called. I only recently started getting into Podcasts and I'm pissed I waited so long. They really help pass the day at work or on long trips.
    I agree on the last part - they have revolutionized commuting for me. I don't even mind being stuck in the car for an hour at a time anymore. I always refresh WTF to see if he has a guest I'm interested in. I am lukewarm on Malcolm's new podcast. A couple of them were intriguing, but it also sort of felt like the content was underwhelming. That's my main gripe on many podcasts - the content can be very polished and produced but still pretty thin. E.g. Serial Season 2 was a huge letdown to me.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I agree on the last part - they have revolutionized commuting for me. I don't even mind being stuck in the car for an hour at a time anymore. I always refresh WTF to see if he has a guest I'm interested in. I am lukewarm on Malcolm's new podcast. A couple of them were intriguing, but it also sort of felt like the content was underwhelming. That's my main gripe on many podcasts - the content can be very polished and produced but still pretty thin. E.g. Serial Season 2 was a huge letdown to me.
    I'm in the car a lot too and when I get home, TV is just reruns, so I listen to a lot of them late at night.

20. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I do enjoy the Friday Rolling podcasts from Simmons.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Anyone listening to "Accused"?

I hear it's a lot like Serial.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information