Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    So I am about to show my age here (90 year old man in a 30 years old body)........

What exactly is a podcast?
    (Laugh it up ********) (then please answer so I can be cool and hip too)
    I don't know if I'm more concerned about your lack of knowing what a Podcast is or the fact that googling it would be pretty easy: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=podcast

Seriously though, a podcast is just an episodic series (usually audio based) that could be on a wide range of topics. They are basically streaming audio files to your smartphone or computer that you can subscribe to whenever new episodes pop up. Think of them as very specific Internet radio talk shows.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So I am about to show my age here (90 year old man in a 30 years old body)........

What exactly is a podcast?
    (Laugh it up ********) (then please answer so I can be cool and hip too)
    Wat

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I don't know if I'm more concerned about your lack of knowing what a Podcast is or the fact that googling it would be pretty easy: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=podcast

Seriously though, a podcast is just an episodic series (usually audio based) that could be on a wide range of topics. They are basically streaming audio files to your smartphone or computer that you can subscribe to whenever new episodes pop up. Think of them as very specific Internet radio talk shows.

That essentially what I thought but why do they call it a podcast? Not a radio series, or audioshow or something. Who comes up with these names? Podcast literally has nothing to do with a series or radio...I hear podcast and i think of some sort of fishing reel.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

5. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I consume podcasts relentlessly - and am always looking for new good ones. Therefore we need a thread to trade recommendations.

Here are some of my favorites:

The Tim Ferris Show - Hands down the best podcast going. He interviews world-class performers and extracts all of their tips and secrets and habits, etc. It's life-changing.

Some good true crime podcasts - Sword and Scale (super graphic and disturbing, but well produced); In the Dark; Generation Why; Casefile True Crime; Thinking Sideways, Real Crime Profile

Political podcasts - Keepin it 1600, Fivethirtyeight Elections, Slate's Political Gabfest, Politico's Off Message, Radio Free GOP with Mike Murphy, The Axe Files with David Axelrod

General Content - Longform, Recode, then lots of fantasy sports pods

What are you guys listening to?

Now that I am hip too I would say that none of that appeals to me aside from the tips and tricks that those successful people have come to learn. Otherwise I do not see the point of a podcast. I would rather learn a new language then listen to people talk about stuff and their opinions on stuff.

Do they have language podcasts?
    are podcasts a good way of advertising?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I have come to the conclusion that many of you don't do any work at all.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that many of you don't do any work at all.

I do! Really I do!

Seriously though the best part of my job is that I can write code and do graphic design in my sleep. When I'm not stuck in meetings I get to listen to Podcasts. I like them because it just makes the day go by sooo much quicker.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Now that I am hip too I would say that none of that appeals to me aside from the tips and tricks that those successful people have come to learn. Otherwise I do not see the point of a podcast. I would rather learn a new language then listen to people talk about stuff and their opinions on stuff.

Do they have language podcasts?
    are podcasts a good way of advertising?
    Well to answer this and your earlier questions:

Podcast came about when the only real viable digital media player in the game was the i-Pod. When people learned that they could just record audio and have users download their broadcasts to their i-Pods, they just smooshed the words i-Pod and Broadcast together to make Podcast.

And yes, there are literally any kind of podcast you can think of including one's that help you learn langauges: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...erman-japanese

You only really hear sponsored ads at the beginning and ends of podcasts, I'm not sure how effective they are. Usually the smaller podcasts are just advertising their own merchandise stores.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I do! Really I do!

Seriously though the best part of my job is that I can write code and do graphic design in my sleep. When I'm not stuck in meetings I get to listen to Podcasts. I like them because it just makes the day go by sooo much quicker.

I am talking with customers way too much to listen to podcasts. Too much interruption.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Well to answer this and your earlier questions:

Podcast came about when the only real viable digital media player in the game was the i-Pod. When people learned that they could just record audio and have users download their broadcasts to their i-Pods, they just smooshed the words i-Pod and Broadcast together to make Podcast.

And yes, there are literally any kind of podcast you can think of including one's that help you learn langauges: https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...erman-japanese

You only really hear sponsored ads at the beginning and ends of podcasts, I'm not sure how effective they are. Usually the smaller podcasts are just advertising their own merchandise stores.

Wonderful.

I meant more in terms of having ones own podcast to use for advertising/marketing purposes? I am spinning the wheels on this and i like the possibilities. I need to find out how to make my own podcast and how to distribute it. These are free, correct? I mean to listen too?
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I am talking with customers way too much to listen to podcasts. Too much interruption.
    Cha-ching!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wonderful.

I meant more in terms of having ones own podcast to use for advertising/marketing purposes? I am spinning the wheels on this and i like the possibilities. I need to find out how to make my own podcast and how to distribute it. These are free, correct? I mean to listen too?
    You'd be hard-pressed to get me to willingly listen to an advertisement I have to seek out and subscribe to.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You'd be hard-pressed to get me to willingly listen to an advertisement I have to seek out and subscribe to.

It wouldnt be an advertisement. This is not an audio informercial. More like an Audio blog for what I have in mind. If you listen to people debate political shit that literally does not change a single thing in this world or with you, why would you not listen to something that will teach you something, give you a few ideas about how to do things, and let you know of the important aspects within the topic.

I mean, if people can watch a tv show about people cooking, or some guy travelling the world and eating weird as food, I fail to see how a podcast blog thing would not hold interest. Especially if its about something youve always been interested in.

If you were always interested in WWII but had never known more than a few text books, video games and movies, would you not want to listen to something about it? Or cars, maybe you have always wanted a Ferrari. Would you not listen to a pod cast about a ferrari, rebuilinding them, best place to buy one, modifications you can make, best places to drive it, etc?

I think I could make it work pretty well.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

20. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

It wouldnt be an advertisement. This is not an audio informercial. More like an Audio blog for what I have in mind. If you listen to people debate political shit that literally does not change a single thing in this world or with you, why would you not listen to something that will teach you something, give you a few ideas about how to do things, and let you know of the important aspects within the topic.

I mean, if people can watch a tv show about people cooking, or some guy travelling the world and eating weird as food, I fail to see how a podcast blog thing would not hold interest. Especially if its about something youve always been interested in.

If you were always interested in WWII but had never known more than a few text books, video games and movies, would you not want to listen to something about it? Or cars, maybe you have always wanted a Ferrari. Would you not listen to a pod cast about a ferrari, rebuilinding them, best place to buy one, modifications you can make, best places to drive it, etc?

Check out some of the existing history podcasts we listed. It will give you a good idea of formatting it.

Check out some of the existing history podcasts we listed. It will give you a good idea of formatting it.

Whoa whoa whoa!
    I just learned what a podcast is. Now you want me to format!!!

(IthinkIwillgoodtipsir)
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Right. I understand how you target something for an audience. That's literally what I do.

I understand you're probably not telling me what your audience is, but it should be pretty defined.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information