Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Time to delve back into Lowe Post: Kevin Arnovitz today.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Time to delve back into Lowe Post: Kevin Arnovitz today.
    God his off season pods have all been terrible. Now I know why he rotates the same 3-4 guests all season. Hopefully he can get back on track with Arnovitz.

The WSJ guy put me to sleep. Jackie MacMullan was a snooze fest... I thought Ian Eagle would be great because I love him but they didn't have anything to talk about.

Couple random recommendations: "Ear Hustle" - prison podcast made in San Quentin. "Stay Tuned" with Preet Bahara, former US Attorney that Trump fired.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

God his off season pods have all been terrible. Now I know why he rotates the same 3-4 guests all season. Hopefully he can get back on track with Arnovitz.

The WSJ guy put me to sleep. Jackie MacMullan was a snooze fest... I thought Ian Eagle would be great because I love him but they didn't have anything to talk about.

Couple random recommendations: "Ear Hustle" - prison podcast made in San Quentin. "Stay Tuned" with Preet Bahara, former US Attorney that Trump fired.
    Arnovitz meanders a little on society, politics and Pop, and it's great. I haven't listened to the basketball stuff in the second half yet.

I did not listen in the summer. Same with Woj's. I set the NBA aside for a few months.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Attn: Joe

Hanson is on Tiny Desk Concerts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Have you listened to the entire series?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Have you listened to the entire series?
    I'm on episode 4 - you?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm on episode 4 - you?
    None. Trying to figure out if it's worth getting into. I mean, based on that write up it's obvious the guy is a con artist. There's not much of a surprise. . . it's just, how bad does it get?

I have gotten into listening to some podcasts while exercising in the evenings. This thread has been helpful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Good one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

None. Trying to figure out if it's worth getting into. I mean, based on that write up it's obvious the guy is a con artist. There's not much of a surprise. . . it's just, how bad does it get?

I have gotten into listening to some podcasts while exercising in the evenings. This thread has been helpful.
    I didn't read the write up at all... Just saw someone comparing it to S-town and Serial on twitter, so dove in cold with no background. I'm enjoying it so far.

What pods have you enjoyed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I didn't read the write up at all... Just saw someone comparing it to S-town and Serial on twitter, so dove in cold with no background. I'm enjoying it so far.

What pods have you enjoyed?
    I've been listening to Gladwell's Revisionist History. It reminds me of Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" in a way. Kind of hit or miss, they're not all great, but pretty good on the whole.

I've tried out a few others. Nothing worth bragging about.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I've been listening to Gladwell's Revisionist History. It reminds me of Paul Harvey's "The Rest of the Story" in a way. Kind of hit or miss, they're not all great, but pretty good on the whole.

I've tried out a few others. Nothing worth bragging about.
    Gladwell is a bit of an acquired taste. Some of them are painfully boring on the surface, but the nuance and contrarian nature of his arguments are fascinating. He had a couple of excellent episodes this season. The Harvey comparison never occurred to me but makes sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hey Buff, Lowe Post with Gary Harris.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Hey Buff, Lowe Post with Gary Harris.
    Saw that, gonna get to it soon... I've got two new ones for you and Joe, but they are only just like halfway into the seasons that are coming out weekly so probably better to wait and binge. (I cannot stand weekly content releases anymore, btw.)

A Killing on the Cape and A Murder on Orchard Street... A Murder on Orchard Street is a whodunnit and it's further along than the other one so I'd start there.

Also, still recommend Ear Hustle from dudes in San Quentin.

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Saw that, gonna get to it soon... I've got two new ones for you and Joe, but they are only just like halfway into the seasons that are coming out weekly so probably better to wait and binge. (I cannot stand weekly content releases anymore, btw.)

A Killing on the Cape and A Murder on Orchard Street... A Murder on Orchard Street is a whodunnit and it's further along than the other one so I'd start there.

Also, still recommend Ear Hustle from dudes in San Quentin.
    I haven't picked up on any real crime pods lately. Which one is better? I'll start there.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information