Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Buff, I'm curious about your thoughts on today's Malcolm Gladwell.
    It seemed too trivial to me based on his intro - the hook about why country music is sadder than rock music felt like something I had no interest in exploring this morning, so I didn't get past the first 5 minutes. I'll get to it eventually. What did you think?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    It seemed too trivial to me based on his intro - the hook about why country music is sadder than rock music felt like something I had no interest in exploring this morning, so I didn't get past the first 5 minutes. I'll get to it eventually. What did you think?
    It was interesting in the sense that I think he's right. I think old country connects with its subject better than old rock and roll and can resonate more emotionally with an individual. What I think he leaves out of the equation is that so much early rock and roll and through the 1970s, which is kind of the eras he's examining in country music, rock and roll's emotional connection was not in its ability to make someone cry or feel strong sentimental or sad emotions, but rather for shock and exhilaration and the pure joy of being loud as shit.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 07-20-2017 at 06:39 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Now I want to listen. What's the podcast called? Gladbags and Handwells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Now I want to listen. What's the podcast called? Gladbags and Handwells?
    Yeah. That's it. Enter that into your search bar on the podcasts app...

Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History. I'm surprised you don't already listen to it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah. That's it. Enter that into your search bar on the podcasts app...

Malcolm Gladwell's Revisionist History. I'm surprised you don't already listen to it.
    I'm close. Your comments have swayed me. Like Mayor recommending Peaky Blinders. Turns out it's decent, worth the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'm about to listen to the Malcolm Gladwell podcast about country music whatever.

I am sure I will have thoughts to post afterwards.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

My thoughts after the pod:

-Country music is great
    -George Jones is the go to "here's some whiskey now go be sad" music
    -Country is sad in an earnest kind of way
    -Gladwell's disrespect of "Like A Rolling Stone" offends me
    -Music is subjective

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    My thoughts after the pod:

-Country music is great
    -George Jones is the go to "here's some whiskey now go be sad" music
    -Country is sad in an earnest kind of way
    -Gladwell's disrespect of "Like A Rolling Stone" offends me
    -Music is subjective
    Worst book report ever. Your 1st and last points are contradicting. C-
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Worst book report ever. Your 1st and last points are contradicting. C-
    Music is subjective; my opinion however is objective.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm annoyed that the one episode of Malcolm that I have no interest in is the one that you guys decided to all listen to and post about...

Anyway - the latest one is great per the usual, but maddening/heartbreaking.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm annoyed that the one episode of Malcolm that I have no interest in is the one that you guys decided to all listen to and post about...

Anyway - the latest one is great per the usual, but maddening/heartbreaking.
    It's not like the podcast went away. You could listen and join the conversation!

I have the new one on the list for today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It's not like the podcast went away. You could listen and join the conversation!

I have the new one on the list for today.
    It just doesn't fit with the season for me... Like all of these others are about race, power and justice - listening to one talking about why country music is sad has almost no appeal to me. But I'll probably circle back to it eventually because I'm a Malcolm fan boi.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It just doesn't fit with the season for me... Like all of these others are about race, power and justice - listening to one talking about why country music is sad has almost no appeal to me. But I'll probably circle back to it eventually because I'm a Malcolm fan boi.
    I felt like the golf one was pretty inconsequential. Plus his facts sucked.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I felt like the golf one was pretty inconsequential. Plus his facts sucked.
    Yeah that one was kind of trivial too - except the tax angle would get my pretty worked up if I lived in LA.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I don't like Gladwell's voice. Or Canadian accent. And the rest of the episodes don't sound interesting to me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information