Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    The one with Dan Bizilian is pretty good. Dude got rich off of gambling. Now he is living this baller life, slept with 1000s of women and is basically a modern day hugh heftner. But...he went through hell week trying to become a Navy Seal with a broken leg.

But I recommend listening to the highlight clips and then decide if you want to watch the whole podcast.

Joe reminds me a little bit of Howard Stern but way more diverse and interesting.
    I appreciate his empirical mysticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

The one with Iliza Schlesinger is good too. Her relationships were kind of funny. She kinda got catfished. I met her at a comedy club one night, got a hug and photo. This was right when she became famous. I was so drunk that night. Lol
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

3. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I haven't listened to many, and can't recall the guests. One was a comedian. With as many episodes as he has, there are bound to be many snoozers. Was the Maynard one any good?
    Well it's basically the only extended Maynard interview I've ever heard. So it was interesting on many levels.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Just listened to Alton Brown on "The Moment with Brian Koppelman" - really excellent. I didn't realize that Koppelman is the co-creator of Billions... I think I randomly downloaded his pod last year because he had Daniel Negreanu on.

Anyway - I never even really watched Good Eats when it was on Food Network. I remember Brown from Iron Chef, but am only vaguely familiar with him... But the pod was a great listen because they are both incisive.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Truth and iliza with Jim Jefferies.

Just discovered this podcast business!!!

8. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Listening to Malcolm Gladwell revisionist history, season one.

Satire.

It is very interesting.

I do hate the commercial format on podcasts though, having the host read a script just sounds cheap and shit

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Satire.

It is very interesting.

I do hate the commercial format on podcasts though, having the host read a script just sounds cheap and shit
    I listen to a few podcasts that have regular radio ads and those sound even stranger. I live with the ads and scroll through many.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My podcast menu today appears to be a shit ton of baseball and Pod Save the World.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

Satire.

It is very interesting.

I almost always use my "advance 30 seconds" button to get through commercials. I have a pretty good feel for my favorite pods whether they have 30 second commercials, or 2 minute windows, etc.

Funny enough though I was listening to Malcolm's pod this season and thinking to myself that because he intro's it with a Chanel commercial (who has a british female narrating it) it does sound much less cheap than having him do some Chanel live read, which would seem hokie.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Just starting Joe Rogan with judd apatow.... So far so good

He even makes the ads funny

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

"Masters of Scale" with Reid Hoffman is one I got turned onto by the Tim Ferris pod. Highly recommend "The Ten Commandments of Startup Success" and the one with Google's Eric Schmidt about his management philosophies for anyone with a passing interest in business.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Infinite Inning from Steven Goldman. He's kind of a journeyman baseball writer, but the podcast is unique and thoughtful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Corolla and Geragos is pretty good. Inside baseball on the legal system is great.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Gladwell did it again. That was fascinating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Buff, I'm curious about your thoughts on today's Malcolm Gladwell.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information