Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I skipped Simmons' pod when he had Charlemagne on it because I didn't know who he was. I just listened to his conversation with Larry Wilmore. He's really fascinating.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Joe Buck is one of the more interesting sports commentators off the broadcast. He's on Golf Digest pod today in advance of the US Open. Interesting conversation. Only about 25 minutes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

GM Street talking Broncos today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    GM Street talking Broncos today.
    I haven't checked this show out yet, but am a Lombardi fan generally speaking, so will give this one a look.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He's not high on the Broncos. Quarterbacks specifically.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I haven't checked this show out yet, but am a Lombardi fan generally speaking, so will give this one a look.
    He's a douche Pats fanboi

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Malcolm Gladwell launched his next season of Revisionist History and the first episode is great. His content is in another league from most. So smart.

John Grisham on the Longform podcast was pretty cool.

"Ponzi Supernova" was an interesting 6-parter because he actually speaks with Bernie Madoff in prison, but it's one of those you wish was better. A good idea poorly executed.

9. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Malcolm Gladwell launched his next season of Revisionist History and the first episode is great. His content is in another league from most. So smart.
    Second episode. Damn good.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I've never really been that into podcasts, but I like listening to interviews with people who I like.

The Fifth Column - This is the only podcast I listen to regularly. It an hour and a half long libertarianish take on the news of the week which I like even though i'm not that libertarian anymore. If you ever watched The Independents on Fox Business before it ended, it uses pretty much the same people. Matt Welch (editor of Reason magazine), Kmele Foster (cohosted The Independents), and Michael Moynihan (he's the one who did the VICE video about Evergreen College and free speech). These dudes have been in my sphere for probably 5 years now from seeing them on TV and twitter, so they are personalities that I like and find funny and interesting even if I may disagree with them at times. I would recommend this to people like MO, Hawg, Chazoe, Shane, perhaps NTL, and if you just like listening to people talking shit about politics for an hour. Their most recent episode they talk about Philando Castile, Otto Warmbier, and Evergreen College and it was a really interesting episode.

http://wethefifth.com/

WTF w/Marc Maron - good whenever there's somebody I like on there
    Turned Out a Punk - Basically famous or semi-famous people who were influenced by punk talk about punk music for an hour. A little too niche sometimes. I've only listened to a handful of them because I don't know most of the people he interviews, but he's had Bourdain, Craig Ferguson, David Cross, and some others on.

I like to listen to political interviews but I haven't found one I like that much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

John Grisham on the Longform podcast was pretty cool.

"Ponzi Supernova" was an interesting 6-parter because he actually speaks with Bernie Madoff in prison, but it's one of those you wish was better. A good idea poorly executed.
    I don't think Gladwell's math is correct in his first episode.

The club could be sold for $9 billion. I don't think if it was private parkland, i.e. "best use," that it would receive a $9 billion valuation.

Even if you assume it's best use is actually housing, if you managed to get 200 homes on that plot at the average valuation (google search) in Brentwood, the property valuation would be $95 million. That's nowhere near $9 billion, it's about 10 percent of it.

Meaning, they are short on taxes, but not by $8.8 million, but rather about $600,000.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 06-25-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My biggest criticism of Zach Lowe is that he goes to the Ramona Shelbourne and Kevin Arnovitz well too often. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to listen, especially to he and Arnovitz, but I'd like to see some variety.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

My biggest criticism of Zach Lowe is that he goes to the Ramona Shelbourne and Kevin Arnovitz well too often. Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to listen, especially to he and Arnovitz, but I'd like to see some variety.
    I thought the pod with Shelbourne was good. She's won me over - I thought she was trying too hard on some prior pods. I kind of agree with you but then he'll have like a Toronto beat writer on and I'm not interested and wish it was one of his regulars... Same with his player interviews.

My gripe with Lowe is that he wants to be liked by front office types and players too much. He'll never say anything too critical.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I thought the pod with Shelbourne was good. She's won me over - I thought she was trying too hard on some prior pods. I kind of agree with you but then he'll have like a Toronto beat writer on and I'm not interested and wish it was one of his regulars... Same with his player interviews.

My gripe with Lowe is that he wants to be liked by front office types and players too much. He'll never say anything too critical.
    I would like to see him bring on Tom Haberstroh.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I would like to see him bring on Tom Haberstroh.
    Yeah, he's good. I think he had him on a while back, no?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah, he's good. I think he had him on a while back, no?
    Probably. I really like True Hoop (TBA now) because they go off topic and it's a fun listen. But I also like most of their voices on basketball subjects as well, and I think that's where Lowe comes in because he can focus them as the host.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information